Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
CampariO

Aroi – New Pub / Resto On The Darkside

Went to the new Aroy for breakfast and to be honest not impressed, tea served with coffee mate, but asked for and got fresh milk, sausages were those little Thai cocktail sausages and the bacon was one half of streaky cut in two! The final downfall was both farang boss and farang lady smoking inside where I was eating. I will not be returning.

I thought theres a no-smoking policy in hotels/restaurants/bars officially in thai as there trying to keep up with the western world.

Crazy if the owners allowing smoking inside a bar/restaurant as nice as looking as it is, am afraid wont be going in there breathing in their stinking smoke.

Pity about the brekkie and the owners short comings!!

They installed smoke extractors in the ceiling. As it its a big place I doubt that their will be any smoke coming over from the bar area to the dining area.

But before complaining I would try it first.

Or do you enjoy complaining?

Should be no-smoking in a restaurant full stop. Its not fair on other diners there.

In bars its tolerated but officially is banned too with just open air beer bars being allowed I guess?

Well I went for a meal there last night and take back my original comments . The bar is so far away I did not think about smoke . The food was good as was the service .

We were made to feel very welcome with the owner introducing himself to everyone and giving the kids a little present . A good family place to eat early evening .

Minor criticism - the portions could have been a bit bigger , but I was full at the finish after my ice cream dessert . Recommend the place from this first visit .

Pangasius filet in a sauce with carrrots, onions and leak. I think it was 265 Baht.

Aroi!

Lots of specials added. I tried this gratinated dish:

I think it was Plakapong, Dori, Salmon and mussels with a creamy sauce and mashed potatoes @ 275 Bt:

Do you like spare ribs?

You got to try them.

You don't like spare ribs? Try them, maybe you will like them now.

On the special menu now, till it lasts:

Chicon (Endives) wrapped in ham, mashed potatos, gratinated with cheese:

Every Wednesday is international buffet.

Paprika soup and Thai soup spare ribs

post-111-0-62962400-1445432948_thumb.jpg

Green Peas, pork in mustard sauce

post-111-0-50797500-1445432954_thumb.jpg

Thai chicken curry and steamed rice

post-111-0-31539500-1445432971_thumb.jpg

Chicken fillet joghurt paprika, potato gratin

post-111-0-66166800-1445432979_thumb.jpg

Potato croquettes, pork tongue tomato

post-111-0-37997200-1445432987_thumb.jpg

Mozarella tomato, chicken curry apricot

post-111-0-05199600-1445432992_thumb.jpg

Rambol garlic cheese, liver pate, tuna salad

post-111-0-64496500-1445433000_thumb.jpg

Salad

post-111-0-09091800-1445433008_thumb.jpg

I started with the soup, aroi! The small cocktail (pineapple juice and probably Curacao) was included in the buffet.

post-111-0-04539400-1445433019_thumb.jpg

Loved the mustard sauce, the other stuff was really good as well.

post-111-0-94407000-1445433029_thumb.jpg

Again the paprika sauce was exceptional.

post-111-0-72207600-1445433036_thumb.jpg

Dessert included in the price as well:

Creme brulee, mixed fruits and chocolate mousse.

The price? 295 Baht.

Come early, I was there at 6 pm and one of the first. 6:30h and it was very busy already.

I doubt I will keep my weight if I go there every week. Will be hard to keep off.

The dishes will be to about 90% same every week.

GF wasn't sure about the buffet and decided to have Tom Yum Gung. Lots of gung in the soup!!!

The manager who really takes care of his guests and is always willing to explain anything or answers questions provided once again a sample of a dessert to convince GF to order this creamy only slight sweetish delight at 75 Baht:

Tasted it as well and I loved it.

One or the other will probably find something to complain about, I couldn't.

we had sunday lunch there and it was the worst we have had in pattaya..

Was probably before the new manager started?

Was probably before the new manager started?

When was that..?

i chatted to the owner as he didn't like my comments on FB but i told him how it was...

He told me we must have got there one sunday after everything was sold...

mmmm well then i told him it starts at 1pm, right and he said yes, so then i told him we was there just alter 2pm and there was a large table full but they was eating from the menu and not the buffet.

i found it bland, sparse, and all the so called warm meet was cold..

There's a thread on here some where...

When was that..?

i chatted to the owner as he didn't like my comments on FB but i told him how it was...

He told me we must have got there one sunday after everything was sold...

mmmm well then i told him it starts at 1pm, right and he said yes, so then i told him we was there just alter 2pm and there was a large table full but they was eating from the menu and not the buffet.

i found it bland, sparse, and all the so called warm meet was cold..

There's a thread on here some where...

Not sure, could be 2 month ago. Here is a pic of the new farang manager (taken from Arois facebook). If he wasn't at that time in the resto than things surely will have improved, though food temperature at a buffet is usually an issue.

10660175_974549965901090_615129954285251

From tonights buffet:

As starter I had cauliflower cream soup.

Next was potato salad, egg salad, bruchetta, brussel sprout, pan sauteed potato, ckicken with casew nuts and in the center meatball.

post-111-0-38756000-1447247236_thumb.jpg

Next plate:

fish ball, chicken, (don't remember the one on the top), pork with mushroom cream sauce, mixed veggies.

post-111-0-91336900-1447247252_thumb.jpg

Wanted to do a third round but stuffed already, so time for the dessert.

Again fruits, chocolate mousse and creme brulee.

post-111-0-97567600-1447247264_thumb.jpg

Next Saturday a special with wine tasting, starts 19:00h, reservation required, if possible until Thurdsday evening.

Wine is served 5 cl.

post-111-0-71189900-1447247276_thumb.jpg

I recently stumbled upon the location, heading out to Central Park 5 where a friend had just rented a house, having been in the dark previously to exactly which road it was on, hope to try it soon now I know where it is.

I recently stumbled upon the location, heading out to Central Park 5 where a friend had just rented a house, having been in the dark previously to exactly which road it was on, hope to try it soon now I know where it is.

It's Soi 89 Sukhumvit (almost opposite MAKRO); go across the railway-crossing and from there it's approx. 300 meters. There is a sign with a big red "A-roi" on the right; carpark is opposite Aroi.

So I went for the wine tasting, of course I had the food as well.

Don't remember all the details, so there could be something wrong, but shouldn't matter.

Hors d'oeuvre: pork with balsamico, tuna with parmesan cheese, Parma ham, Italian Salami with olives, the last one is something like a butter mixed with Anchovie extract.

23706133pn.jpg
Washed down with a glass Prosecco. (Will not post the other wines that followed with almost each dish.)
23706134iq.jpg
Next the smoked snow fish with melon and horse raddish cream + tomatos with horse raddish.
23706135vh.jpg
Asparagus cream soup with smoked salmon. (A small f**k-up by the cooks let to a change from white to green asparagus).
23706136ai.jpg
The croquette stuffed with mushrooms and partridge fillet. Thought that was some TV family years ago but is actually a birds a bit larger than the one that produces quail eggs.
23706137kt.jpg
The salmon fillet with white wine, royal mushrooms and white wine /dill sauce.
23706138tc.jpg
The lemon sorbet came with a chilli-pepper liqueur that left a tingling in my throat, though GF didn't feel anything after having her spicy Thai food.
23706140br.jpg
Deer stew with cranberries, Brussel sprouts and potatos.
23706142gg.jpg
At this stage I was almost bursting and handed the dessert over to my GF: a white and dark Belgium chocolate mousse with coffee and blueberry liqueur.
23706143kb.jpg
Couldn't resist the cheese.
23706146mn.jpg
Bill was 895 for the food and 495 Baht for the 7 samples of wine.
Except for the asparagus there wasn't anything that went wrong. Especially the sauces were incredible.
The wines from Italy were fabolous, loved especially the heavy Montepulciano and Apulo Primitivo while GF preferred the others.
This was an experience difficult to describe, only food lovers will understand. Something I would like to do every week, but will be difficult to find anywhere else at this price.

So I went for the wine tasting, of course I had the food as well.

Don't remember all the details, so there could be something wrong, but shouldn't matter.

Next the smoked snow fish with melon and horse raddish cream + tomatos with horse raddish.
23706135vh.jpg
Asparagus cream soup with smoked salmon. (A small f**k-up by the cooks let to a change from white to green asparagus).
23706136ai.jpg
The salmon fillet with white wine, royal mushrooms and white wine /dill sauce.
23706138tc.jpg
Deer stew with cranberries, Brussel sprouts and potatos.
23706142gg.jpg
At this stage I was almost bursting and handed the dessert over to my GF: a white and dark Belgium chocolate mousse with coffee and blueberry liqueur.
Bill was 895 for the food and 495 Baht for the 7 samples of wine.
Except for the asparagus there wasn't anything that went wrong. Especially the sauces were incredible.
The wines from Italy were fabolous, loved especially the heavy Montepulciano and Apulo Primitivo while GF preferred the others.
This was an experience difficult to describe, only food lovers will understand. Something I would like to do every week, but will be difficult to find anywhere else at this price.

Some strange combinations with sweet / fruits in those dishes

Not a fan of it, although I know that it can taste nice.

Price definitively good.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this