Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Galee

School In Thailand

As many of you are aware my Ex is a Lecturer in a Government university in Ratchaburi,this week some of her student teachers are doing work experience as part of their Masters Degree in Technology of teaching at local Ratchaburi Government schools,the Viper(MyEx)has to go around each school and asses the Student teachers and grade their teaching ability.

She has sent me a few pictures and what struck me was,obviously it's a far cry from Western modern schools, but none the less it looks more like an education facility than i expected,i had in my mind that all the kids would be dressed in rags and sitting on the floor playing building sand castles in the sand pit,instead what i can see is they are dressed in smart uniforms and all look well kept and well fed,obviously what they are being taught is any ones guess.

Not quite what I imagined a 3rd world Government school in the provinces would be like.

post-47462-0-77139000-1404204551_thumb.j

post-47462-0-84728900-1404204573_thumb.j

post-47462-0-62071300-1404204588_thumb.j

Used to amaze me seeing these immaculately turned out kids stepping out of a run down shack every morning heading off to school.

They've got fcuk all but still take a pride in cleanliness.

Guest firth1974

Thais are big on uniforms, even in rural schools.

Deffinitly in rural schools.

At the local school near my village, all the young whipper-snappers have coloured uniforms for different days of the week, tables and chairs in the rooms, pictures and charts on the walls, everything you would of expected in a primary school back here in the UK. The standard of schooling is on the way up in Thailand.

Deffinitly in rural schools.

At the local school near my village, all the young whipper-snappers have coloured uniforms for different days of the week, tables and chairs in the rooms, pictures and charts on the walls, everything you would of expected in a primary school back here in the UK. The standard of schooling is on the way up in Thailand.

From what I have seen, the kids have adequate facilities for learning.

To improve themselves, the students need to be able to question the teachers, unfortunately that still isn't the case with Thai run schools.

From what I have seen, the kids have adequate facilities for learning.

To improve themselves, the students need to be able to question the teachers, unfortunately that still isn't the case with Thai run schools.

agreed scotty

I have spent a few days sitting in English classes at our local primary school . kids can`t ask the teacher anything because he doesn`t speak English

he gives his grade seven students homework that has been downloaded from fourth year high school in both maths and English . I tried to ask why he did this and got nowhere as my thai was as bad as his English

feel sorry for the kids

everything you would of expected in a primary school

I would have expected the teacher to be familiar with the subject they're teaching, but this isn't always the case in the LOS.

Guest firth1974

I would have expected the teacher to be familiar with the subject they're teaching, but this isn't always the case in the LOS.

Not every school in Thailand is the same. There are some gem's of teachers out there. so dont write them all off just yet.

When you've worked alongside engineers who don't know some of the basics of their own discipline, it's difficult not to worry about the education system.