Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Tongue

A Short Trip To Seoul

Guest firth1974

Bit odd, I had to send them a scanned copy of my id page. Maybe once they confirm your tour they will ask for the passport details. It is to pass the info on ahead to Camp Bonifas as they require a list of participants. Many nationalities are not allowed on the tour.

Your choice is a good one.

Basically, the email i sent them was the reservation form that you have to fill out, and they do say that they will email me back soon. I presume once there do that(to confirm the tour or not?) they will ask for the info then, hopefully!!

Just doing some homework now on Seoul, but doing more on the Japan side of things. Ive just found a real life, with a real submarine, muesum in Kure that ive now decided to visit, as well as it being the birthplace and the home port of the battleship Yamamoto.

Guest firth1974

Finally got my booking confirmed, after sending him a photo of my passport.

The guy's name was Choi, was he the one you dealt with?

...The guy's name was Choi, was he the one you dealt with?

"Choi" (pronounced "Cheh" or "Choeh") is one of the most common surnames in Korea. In fact, there are surprisingly few surnames in Korea, and when people meet for the first time they go through an elaborate process of establishing if/how they are related and whether they have any other personal connection, such as attending the same school. They also establish who is the elder, and immediately adopt the appropriate speech patterns based on this data. It's quite interesting to watch.

Finally got my booking confirmed, after sending him a photo of my passport.

The guy's name was Choi, was he the one you dealt with?

That's the guy although I dealt with a lovely lady when arriving at the office on the 6th floor of the Lotte Hotel.

Just for info the hotel is lovely and the 6th floor where the office csn be found is a large area where functions take place, the loos are lovely.

If I remember right they send you to the second floor where the buses depart from. Again a nice waiting area and good facilities.

You have to make your way back from the hotel after the tour (no drop off) so go downstairs to the Lotte shopping area underneath the hotel, good place to wander and so many eating areas. At night around City Hall there are many side streets full of vendors selling food and bric abrac, really fun. Now when I was there it was 6°C and all the girls were overdressed yet still stunning, definitely worth seeing them in hotter weather with less coverage.

Guest firth1974

Seems Mr Choi has cancelled my TOUR 3, as the military are on exercise that weekend, so no chance of getting anywhere near the DMZ. But, i have been re-booked onto Tour 1 going to the viewpoint and tunnel instead.

Seems Mr Choi has cancelled my TOUR 3, as the military are on exercise that weekend, so no chance of getting anywhere near the DMZ. But, i have been re-booked onto Tour 1 going to the viewpoint and tunnel instead.

Wow that's a shame. Tour 1 is the tour I did last year, it's still a great tour but being at the JSA was awesome, sorry you can't experience that.