Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Dusit, Amari Or Holiday Inn

Mrs Thinkingallowed and I are spending four days in Pattaya at the beginning of April. Our plan is to spend the first two nights somewhere like the three hotels mentioned in the title and then the second two in the Areca Lodge.

What I'm after is a club room and not thinking of leaving the hotel for the two days. So restaurants, bars, pools etc are important.

Anyone advice on which might be best for this.

Only been in the Dusit which is fine but by no means up to the standard of some of the Dusits I have visited. Rooms are not stunning and the hotel seemed to be a bit dated in a 'needing refurbishment way' as some of the Dusits have age and decor as part of their charm. Holiday Inn is newish, only been in the lobby for a meeting with a friend, nothing special downstairs in the lobby which appears clinical. Amari are a relatively good chain and in their Sukhumvit Amari did one of the best breakfast buffets I have had. Then again I was disappointed with the Don Muang Amari which had a Henry J Beans which was taking the piss on price and portions.

Have you thought of the Sheraton or Pullman, meant to be good resort style hotels, maybe others have a view of those two quality hotels. Of course the Hilton might have a relatively nice view, similarly the Royal Cliff.

Have a nice time. I will stick to the Royal Wing at LK, not Royal Cliff.

If your looking at not moving from the hotel Centara In Naklua may be worth looking at as it has better facilities than the 3 hotels mentioned, which are all very nice though

Dusit club probably just pips it for service but it's been a while since I stayed there. Amari was fairly good too. Now I generally stay in the holiday inn each visit which is great if on the front with a sea view.

the dusit do clubrooms at a cost.the normal rooms are goodenough.the location,grounds and facilities did it for us

isnt that the mercure hotel that quoted 35000 per night.

dusit too expensive at 5-7k per night...for what get.

1 of the LK on diana could be good option or amari.....

LK ones will be cheapest for sure....192 sq mtr rooms.

Guest Bazle

isnt that the mercure hotel that quoted 35000 per night.

Their website says "from 1,890 Baht per night".

Thank you all very much for your input.

Those that suggested hotels like the Pullman, Centara, etc. I am inclined to agree but I've to try keep Mrs Thinkingallowed happy too. She may be a fine buxom wench but wasn't at the front of the queue when brains were handed out. I did explain the idea of being based in the hotel for a two day wind down period and my first suggestion was the Centara Grand Phratamnak. She said no too expensive taking taxis everywhere. But we aren't going to go anywhere darling. Yes I know but it will be expensive when we do. After going round in a couple of circles I suggest the hotels at the end of Beach Road and everyone is happy.

Presently I'm inclined towards the Amari Ocean but still unsure.

Their website says "from 1,890 Baht per night".

Looks pretty good but their cheapest room for my dates is 4000 per night with breakfast.

Unfortunately they don't do club rooms and that is the type of experience I'm after.

Well ended up booking two nights at the Amari Ocean in an Executive Club room at 6500 per night.

On arrival we were upgraded to a duplex suite which is fantastic. Not sure what this would have cost booking in advance but the walk in rate is nearly 23,000 for the two nights.

Cocktail hour begins shortly, for two hours, and I'm off to attempt a world record for free G&T drinking.

sounds a bargain.enjoy!!

Oh I jolly well am Matt. The G&T world record is on hold as I've been side tracked by some very pleasant chardonnay.

Cocktail hour begins shortly, for two hours, and I'm off to attempt a world record for free G&T drinking.

Careful not to get shteaming before you end up in the Rockhouse until the wee hours despite prior plans :fun: