Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Jones

Hotel Booking Websites?

I have never used one. Are they any good? If they are, which one do you recommend? Do they make their money on me or the hotel?

Would I be better walking in off the soi and booking?

I think I need to change my strategy regarding driving at night - taxis are a waste of time and money so a room with a bed seems to be the best option.

I have never used one. Are they any good? If they are, which one do you recommend? Do they make their money on me or the hotel?

I've used agoda when booked a room for China to find out that it had been booked and i'd have to pay more as they don't pay for commission which is a scam.

I guess it all depends on and when you go

I think I need to change my strategy regarding driving at night - taxis are a waste of time and money so a room with a bed seems to be the best option.

My mate has an house on the dark side and it makes it hard for him to head out into town sometimes, so he will books a room and gets it cheap as he's away by 11ish in the morning.

Used www.latestays.com for last minute good deals a few times, normally a good bit lower than walk in rates.

I have used Agoda for the first time for my upcoming vacation. The booking process is very straightforward and rates usually a bit better than when booked directly at the hotel.

That's the theory... I'll let you know how it worked out in practice. ;)

I haven't used them,but I have booked package holidays,in hotels that I could never afford if I walked in

used many including expedia,agoda,lastminute,orbitz,trivago. Most are pretty good and can get good deals but I'm not particularly fond of Agoda. Hotels.com have rewards scheme of a 1 free night for every 10 nights booked with them so I'm going to be giving that a whirl as I would get about 5 or 6 free nights a year at least based on how often I stay in a hotel.

Always use booking.com

Best website out there for hotels in my opinion and yes, you usually get better or at least the same deals than booking directly with the hotel.

Always use booking.com

Best website out there for hotels in my opinion and yes, you usually get better or at least the same deals than booking directly with the hotel.

Plus you can generally cancel your booking at no cost, not that that will work for what Mr Jones is thinking about.

I normally reserve the room I want on booking.com in advance and then check trivago.com to see if anyone is offering a better deal from time to time.

I have on occasion found booking.com to be cheaper than the walk in rate and showed the reception staff on my phone. If they won't match it I take a few steps away from the desk and book on line.

Agoda and Booking.com are one of a kind...same group owns both as well as car rent.com and few other popular travel related sites...

Used Agoda for years and never a problem

Use Hotels.com, firstly because you can book using paypal, which I prefer, but also for the buy 10, get 1 free, which I have done and used. Although you can use it with most, not all, hotels.

interesting info,that you can pay with paypal.thanks.

Yea Matt, I just find it give me more peace of mind when booking something online in Thailand, it's why I originally used Hotels.com

Always use booking.com

They were well cheap last time i used them in 2013 for a hotel in Bangkok.

Guest firth1974

For my upcoming trip to Japan in June, i've used Booking.com and Agoda to book 5 different hotels.

Now, even though both sites are now owned by the same company, both of these sites do not do the same deals and prices as each other. It does pay to shop around for the best deals, but i only really used these 2 sites for any hotel bookings, in Thailand or anywhere else in the world!!

I have used Agoda for many years and never had a problem (but not been to China). Rates are usually good value but it is worth checking on the hotel's website for special deals. There are also other booking websites. LOL if it is a room with a bed for a night why consider going to your victim of the night's abode.

I have used Agoda for many years and never had a problem (but not been to China). Rates are usually good value but it is worth checking on the hotel's website for special deals. There are also other booking websites. LOL if it is a room with a bed for a night why consider going to your victim of the night's abode.

They usually have their brothers stay over.....................;)

As a renter I use the Agoda, Booking.com and Airbnb

On the mentioned webpages I offer my condos for 1250 baht / day in the high season...no weekly, monthly prices... ( Their choice, I would give discount, but I can't ) On my own webpage I offer for 18.000 baht / month, 12.000 / 2 week, 7000 / week, 900 / day...

As a renter, my experiences:

Agoda: Almost no any bookings and they pay after a week the customer left via PayPal... I lose money ...

AirBnb: All possible customers wants to bargain, very few bookings...They pay me in USD despite my prices given in THB...of course the exchange is really bad.

Booking.com: Masses of the bookings, the goldmine for me....Even in the low season many overpriced high season priced bookings....a few nice tries by the company, but being hard they capitulate...of course, they want my money... ( 15% comission )