Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
materialsman

C-cat Cafe

Okay, saw this one on Facebook ,and beinga cat lover (3 of my own) thought I would have to take a look, I remember seeing a similar Cafe in Japan on the gogglebox, so it will be interesting to see if the concept works in Pattaya.

post-53271-0-72680000-1433748973_thumb.j

Perhaps the disadvantage is it's location in the new Welcome Town complex, though I have a feeling the complex will do okay, there's a Loaf Bakery, a Japanese Restaurant and a few other interesting shops there.

post-53271-0-50825000-1433749027_thumb.j

I counted a dozen people in there at 2 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, including a couple of the aforementioned Japanese and half a dozen cats, so regretfully there was no spare pussy for me!

post-53271-0-19590200-1433749106_thumb.j

The concept is for people that are lonely, or perhaps living in condo's that miss the affections of a pet, they can come in and enjoy a coffee, a cake or snack and enjoy stroking and playing with some feline company

post-53271-0-97254900-1433749131_thumb.j

I had an iced Mocha and a plate of chips @ 174 Baht, felt that was a little overpriced, but it's really not about the food.

post-53271-0-85572200-1433749235_thumb.j

The cats certainly seem content, plenty of places to play and roam, and that must be the world's largest scratching pot.

post-53271-0-99908900-1433749300_thumb.j

Limited appeal for sure, and probably this post will not stir much interest, perhaps I should rename it 'Free Pussy'?

Won't catch me eating in any place that has cats roaming around in side...not for me Ronnie.

Same here - and I'm a cat lover

Same here - and I'm a cat lover

Same .......

".The concept is for people that are lonely, or perhaps living in condo's that miss the affections of a pet, they can come in and enjoy a coffee, a cake or snack and enjoy stroking and playing with some feline company"

My goodness what has the world come to.... Now when one is lonely he need to go seek company of some animals......

In Pattaya............

Maybe I am crazy and mad, but some people are deranged for sure.

Now fun for kids, maybe, but hygiene wise speaking, no thank you.....

Same .......

".The concept is for people that are lonely, or perhaps living in condo's that miss the affections of a pet, they can come in and enjoy a coffee, a cake or snack and enjoy stroking and playing with some feline company"

My goodness what has the world come to.... Now when one is lonely he need to go seek company of some animals......

In Pattaya............

In the news yesterday - in the US, they have a cat library, where lonely folk go and borrow kittens for some tlc

I kid you not

In the news yesterday - in the US, they have a cat library, where lonely folk go and borrow kittens for some tlc

I kid you not

Rob, you the know the US always is one step ahead / better then us continentals............

:ice::ice: And on top of that, they really believe it !

Rob, you the know the US always is one step ahead / better then us continentals............

:ice::ice: And on top of that, they really believe it !

Lol

Same .......

In Pattaya............

+1..... defo for deranged screwed up insecure people

Interesting reactions, lonely people are needy for affection too.

Well, I think the point that you can easily find the other kind of pussy in Pattaya is a good one...

Animals are therapeutic.

These days you can get a pet in places that previously wouldn't allow pets, if you can get a doctor to claim having a pet is therapeutic for you.

There is also a belief that children can recover from cancer better when they have a pet.

I can't remember if it's fireman or the police that will organize puppy visits to the child cancer ward in hospitals, but of course it makes for a brighter day after their visit.

I have to say I find it amusing that some people object on the hygiene angle, considering that people eat on the street amongst the diesel fumes, cockroaches and rats running amok, and the kitchens in so many Pattaya establishments leave something to be desired too.

Well, I think the point that you can easily find the other kind of pussy in Pattaya is a good one...

I think in reality this sort of cat cafe is aimed at the demographic of the single Asian female local or traveller.

The world's first cat café, "貓花園" (Cat Flower Garden), opened its doors in Taipei, Taiwan, in 1998. The Taiwanese cat café eventually became a tourist destination, attracting tourists from Japan as well as all over the globe[

Due to the Japan's land size and population, many residents live in small apartments or condominiums which do not allow pets, making a cat café a very popular destination for young workers looking for the companionship and comfort offered. Japan’s first cat café, named “Neko no mise” (Shop of Cats), opened in 2005. After this, the popularity of cat cafés boomed in Japan. From 2005 to 2010, seventy nine cat cafés opened across the country

Cat Cafés in Asia

According to the History the first cat café was opened in Taipei, Taiwan in 1998

Singapore The first cat café in Singapore was Cat Cafe Neko no Niwa (Japanese for ‘Cat Garden’), while cat cafes in Japan, Korea and Thailand usually feature only pedigreed cats, Sam and Sue made a decision to only adopt cats for their cafe. As of today, there are more than 5 different cat cafes in the city. Cat Cafés in North America

The first cat café to open in North America was Le Café des Chats/Cat Café Montreal in Montreal, Canada, which opened its doors to the public in August 2014.

There are 3 cafes in Canada and over 15 in the United States projected to open over the next year or two.

Mate, I don't think anyone is taking a shot at you or the Cat Cafe. It's just that you have to remember where you're posting. :)

Not offended at all Bruce, I don't take things seriously or consider anything said as a shot at me personally, just amused about the hygiene issue considering we are living in a Third World sh#thole.

Cats are for gays, end of.

Real blokes have big fcuk off devil dogs.

Rottweilers!

rotty.png

I don't think the café would have much draw if it was filled with these guys though, unless they were just tiny puppies.

Not offended at all Bruce, I don't take things seriously or consider anything said as a shot at me personally, just amused about the hygiene issue considering we are living in a Third World sh#thole.

Well, I think that cat hair is a bit more visible than some of the other pollutants you mention. Also, eating the occasional microbe builds up your immune system, but I doubt guys want to walk around coughing up hairballs. :w00t:

Well, I think that cat hair is a bit more visible than some of the other pollutants you mention. Also, eating the occasional microbe builds up your immune system, but I doubt guys want to walk around coughing up hairballs. :w00t:

Not sure how they monitor the cat hair thing, but seems as how these 'cat cafe's' are now springing up all over the world, and in places with much higher and stricter levels of hygeine control i.e Tokyo, London Paris etc. than a 3rd World sh*thole makes me think there must be a certain level of restrictions in place to monitor that, unlike the street eating places..

Rottweilers!

rotty.png

I don't think the café would have much draw if it was filled with these guys though, unless they were just tiny puppies.

'Dangerous Dog Breed Cafe's' are probably the next big thing, get in now and start one up and this time next year Rodney...................

Not sure how they monitor the cat hair thing, but seems as how these 'cat cafe's' are now springing up all over the world, and in places with much higher and stricter levels of hygeine control...etc.

When something is politically correct or otherwise acceptable to the ruling elites, it's amazing how much oversight isn't done.