Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SpicyMartin

THE BREAKFAST THREAD

Guest SpicyMartin
Here's poached eggs and ham on toast

That looks nice BL...... staying with ham, here's something slightly different we do......

Grilled Horseshoe gammon pork steak, fried rice topped with a fried egg. East meets West, cheap 'n' cheerful!

post-152-1223278647.jpg

Guest Wiggy
Here's another option we do, 'Anything on toast' anything from the breakfast menu on 2 slices of toast. 80Bht.

Here's poached eggs and ham on toast :whistling:

post-17-1223276752.jpg

Looks good value

Guest DANMOODY

Canterbury Tales popular with the cheap charlies, cold beans ,fake orange juice and fake brown sauce but cheap charlies dont care as it gives them more money to buy their 35 baht Changs beers.

Guest nookiebear
Canterbury Tales Cafe is still quite popular

I've not seen you there lately Dave :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Guest SpicyMartin

For those who like a medium sized English style brekkie:

Ace Cafe Breakfast #2

2 eggs any style, 2 middle cut bacon, 2 whole wheat toast, baked beans, fried tomato and potatoes, fresh orange juice and a large mug of coffee or English breakfast tea. 129 baht.

post-152-1223525212.jpg

Guest Wiggy

Looks nice Martin, but i am going to cook myself a full English breakfast over this weekend and take my own picture :)

Guest Kolobos

Actually, I am feeling a wee bit sorry for our fellow Americans that reside with us on P-L...So hopefully the following will get the women wet and the geezers hard :)

Oh...The one and only MIGHTY American breakfast....

post-2-1223529674.jpg :pinch:

Guest SpicyMartin
Spicy seems like a good deal....can I ask a couple of questions without it being taken the wrong way?

#1. Is the cup o joe (coffee) a bottomless cup. I think that is a big point at breakfast?

#2. Also, how much would you be able to drop the price is ya took away the beans? Would that allow you to get to a 99 baht price point. I understand that the beans is a staple for you brits, but I think a great majority of the world could give a hoot about getting beans with their breakfast. (That is unless they want to fatulate the morning away around some particular persons) From what I have read on various threads the cost of the baked beans is exhorbinantly high in Pattaya?

Let's say losing the beans you could make the same margin at 99 baht. I certainly think that is a psychological sell point. Would if be worth the experiment and offer both ways, with or without beans and see what the public goes with??

Just my two stang worth sir!

Fair point(s).

I could do tea/coffee refills but most folk seem happy with one mug..... considering the size of them (the two at the back) compared to what most places give you (the one at the front, which we use for cappuccino) it's a good bucketful in itself!! (I could always revert to giving the "thimble" sized cup as standard with unlimited refills :) )

With our breakfast #2....... if we take the beans off and charge you 99 baht you may as well take the spuds and tomato off too and hey...... you've got our #3 breakfast (see pic) for only 79 baht!! Of course everything is flexible and if a customer wanted to add or take anything off his menu choice we'd obviously ajust the price accordingly.

Thanks for pointing some things out, that is what this thread was spawned for...... hopefully it'll get pinned as the "Definitive Pattaya Breakfast Thread!!"

post-152-1223530142.jpg

post-152-1223530235.jpg

Guest nookiebear

Well,I actually made it down to Martins Gaff yesterday..........The large breakfast was excellent,bumped into Ali & Chris whilst there but then ended up in M/M's at mid-day swilling down pints of draught Guiness

Guest Wiggy
Well,I actually made it down to Martins Gaff yesterday..........The large breakfast was excellent,bumped into Ali & Chris whilst there but then ended up in M/M's at mid-day swilling down pints of draught Guiness

Nothing much changes there then Nookie, say hello to the Scouser for me will ya <_<

Guest Dave000
Nothing much changes there then Nookie, say hello to the Scouser for me will ya :thumbsup:

This is 75baht at Canterbury Tales Cafe

post-1626-1223608279.jpg

Guest Dave000

And this is 95 baht at Canterbury Tales Cafe, + a free orange drink.

post-1626-1223608387.jpg

Guest SpicyMartin
And this is 95 baht at Canterbury Tales Cafe, + a free orange drink.

Dave, that just goes to prove my point. Jomtien has finally had to join the "breakfast wars" that have plagued Pattaya cafe's and guesthouses for so long, and seen bloody good breakfasts like the ones you've pictured fall to what must be little more than cost price. If I still lived in Pattaya then you'd have my custom every day, because I'm pretty sure your prices will not be beaten. However, I'd love to see some reports on this thread about your quality, not quantity.

The area you operate out of is predominantly full of Brits on a "beer 'n' pussy" budget who will save a handful of baht on a breakfast wherever they can, and all the cafe's and guesthouses in the Buakhao, Chaiyapun, Drarin, Lenkee area have had to compete probably too fiercely with each other. Yes, it's a customers market but taking overheads into account I don't think too many places could afford to give food away at those prices. Well done you.

Guest Paul1970

Personally I wouldn't eat in a single place on Soi Chaiyapoon, full what looks like dirty stinking cheap charlie hovels. The whole soi is the pits IMO.

The quite a few negative posts I have seen about CT is enough to make sure I won't be eating there and as for the Crazy Daves place just one look outside that place is enough, beggars beleive some people are cheap enough to even think of trying the food there.

I would love to see the kitchens is some of the gaffs up that soi :thumbsup:

Guest Dave000
Personally I wouldn't eat in a single place on Soi Chaiyapoon, full what looks like dirty stinking cheap charlie hovels. The whole soi is the pits IMO.

The quite a few negative posts I have seen about CT is enough to make sure I won't be eating there and as for the Crazy Daves place just one look outside that place is enough, beggars beleive some people are cheap enough to even think of trying the food there.

I would love to see the kitchens is some of the gaffs up that soi :thumbsup:

Everyone has thier choices of course, thats why we have a good regular custom base, they have thier choice, of course you can pay for posh done out eateries but the food is the same.

Why is it I can survive on my prices and other places charge often double, its because they spend big money on the place or maybe the owners are greedy, who knows but they cater for that market, I cater for this one, but I wouldnt insult people who want to spend 200 baht on a brekkie, up to them.

Guest Wiggy

Wigs Full Anglo-Scottish Breakfast

Ingredients

2 English Sausages

1 Square Scottish Sausage

2 eggs fried

Heinz baked beans

freshly baked uncut loaf

fried bread, toast and plain bread

coffee

apple juice

Cooked and consumed by me this morning, price free for anyone passing through :thumbsup:

PIC_1502-1.jpg

PIC_1505.jpg

Guest Paul1970

^ Apple juice :whistling: ya don't fool me ya cunt, I know a pint of Strongbow when I see it.

And Flora, how gay is that :whistling:

Guest Wiggy
^ Apple juice :thumbsup: ya don't fool me ya cunt, I know a pint of Strongbow when I see it.

And Flora, how gay is that :D

Ha ha, no really thats apple juice mate :D

Wiggy you can count me in , prefer me fried bread a bit more well done but where's ya gaff, looks like a great feed to me.

Guest Wiggy
Wiggy you can count me in , prefer me fried bread a bit more well done but where's ya gaff, looks like a great feed to me.

27 floors in the sky half way between Dubai and Abu Dhabi !! i am sure the fried bread will be well done by then :thumbsup:

I had the 150 baht brekkie at the Ritz this morning. Forgot to take a photo though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would say it was the best I have had in Pattaya. Better than the Pig and Whistle for the same price. :kiss:

Spidey.

Guest Wiggy
I had the 150 baht brekkie at the Ritz this morning. Forgot to take a photo though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would say it was the best I have had in Pattaya. Better than the Pig and Whistle for the same price. :kiss:

Spidey.

Where is the Ritz Spidey ?

For those who like a medium sized English style brekkie:

Ace Cafe Breakfast #2

2 eggs any style, 2 middle cut bacon, 2 whole wheat toast, baked beans, fried tomato and potatoes, fresh orange juice and a large mug of coffee or English breakfast tea. 129 baht.

martin, I think I have found my brekkie of choice. this one looks spot on. I was going for the 79b one, but I reckon this one is the one for me.

Hopefully be eating it in 2 weeks time :blush:

Wiigy, the breakfast you cooked has just made my stomach rumble, f**king beats the Porridge I just ate :blush: