Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SpicyMartin

THE BREAKFAST THREAD

Guest SpicyMartin

Ok, Buriramboy's been giving us a great run-down on where (he recommends) to get a good breakfast.

Here at the Ace Cafe we have been undergoing a few changes, mostly to our breakfast menu, so I'm going to kick this thread off with a shameless plug for our own offering. Hopefully Cafe Uno, Canterbury Tales, Storm, Nickys etc etc will contribute to this thread. It's predominantly a reference for the Best British Breakfast....... but if you have an alternative please post it here too.

Ace Cafe Breakfast #1:

1 "Foot Long" Cumberland sausage (chipolatas and fat boy's are for faggots!), 2 eggs, 2 Middle Cut bacon (Back bacon is for lazy buggers who cannot be bothered to source REAL bacon for you), baked beans, black pudding, mushrooms, fried tomato, potato and onions, 2 wholewheat toast, jam, fresh orange juice (the real thing, not concentrate) and a large mug of coffee (instant or fresh ground, up to you) or tea (English breakfast tea: Tetley or PG Tips). Breakfast is served on a HOT plate and HP sauce is available.

post-152-1223112915.jpg

Guest SpicyMartin
That is one good-looking breakfast, how much?

At the moment, 155 baht.

(If you're reading this in 2009, it might be a wee bit more!)

Guest buriramboy

Martin i've had your 155 baht No.1 breakfast twice this week and spot on both times, unlike the other places i've visited this week i posted my review on one of your already existing threads instead of opening up another new one, can't remember what fookin day it was though that i ate at your gaff earlier in the week, my only one little complaint would be is that i would prefer my toast separate instead of being placed under the eggs, but as i said only a little thing, and i would highly recommend this brekky to anyone, probably the best value for money around at the moment even better than Juice. (never thought i'd hear myself say that!!!!!!!!!)

Good looking breakfast and I'll definately be having one in a few weeks time. Can I have mine without onions (just pots) though please :thumbsup:

Guest SpicyMartin
Martin i've had your 155 baht No.1 breakfast twice this week and spot on both times, unlike the other places i've visited this week i posted my review on one of your already existing threads instead of opening up another new one, can't remember what fookin day it was though that i ate at your gaff earlier in the week, my only one little complaint would be is that i would prefer my toast separate instead of being placed under the eggs, but as i said only a little thing, and i would highly recommend this brekky to anyone, probably the best value for money around at the moment even better than Juice. (never thought i'd hear myself say that!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks mate. Our toast is usually served in a toast rack on a seperate plate....... however, the waitress is in the habit of asking "eggs on toast?"...... literally meaning "do you want your toast pre buttered and under the eggs?" Personally I'm like you, I prefer it seperate so I can do the biz myself..... that way it's still crisp. Nothing worse than toast that's been under eggs for more than a minute..... it goes soggy. If there's a next time, just say "toast seperate please." Cheers.

Come on the rest of you (yep, you too Bigleg), I (really) don't wanna hog this thread.

Guest Bigleg

Must say Martin, yours looks spot on and having spoken to BB, he tells me it's excellent, well done.

Here's Cafe Uno's large breakie, consists of........

2 Sausages

2 Middle bacon

2 Eggs, poached, fried or scrambled

Beans

Tinned or fried tomato

Button mushrooms

Black pudding

Hash Brown

2 Toast/bread butter or fried bread with preserves and Flora Margerine

Glass or OJ (not concentrate) or Pinapple juice

Fresh ground coffee or PG Tips tea with refill.

190 BHT. :thumbsup:

post-17-1223116400.jpg

Guest rennie
At the moment, 155 baht.

(If you're reading this in 2009, it might be a wee bit more!)

mai peng, pom ao maak!

Guest Wiggy

Both Biglegs and Spicy Martins breakfast look fit for a king, yet i am very much against fried patatoes on a full English brekkie, and can i advise you both to add fried bread to your breakfasts, there are not many breakfasts in town what offer fried bread, a proper mans brekkie has got to have fried bread not toast, and a slice of bread for mopping up with, that last part is very important :thumbsup:

Guest rawlins
and a slice of bread for mopping up with, that last part is very important :thumbsup:

Bread for mopping up with?... I just licked the plate clean when I was at Cafe Uno... :thumbsup:

I had breakfast at the Pattaya Beer Garden for the second time this week. I reckon its good value at 120 baht. The only critisism would be the beans which have a strange taste. But they ask you if you would like beans or hash browns, so next time I will give the beans a miss. :thumbsup:

Spidey.

Guest Bigleg
Both Biglegs and Spicy Martins breakfast look fit for a king, yet i am very much against fried patatoes on a full English brekkie, and can i advise you both to add fried bread to your breakfasts, there are not many breakfasts in town what offer fried bread, a proper mans brekkie has got to have fried bread not toast, and a slice of bread for mopping up with, that last part is very important :thumbsup:

re-read my post Wiggy, bread comes however you order it :thumbsup:

Guest Wiggy
re-read my post Wiggy, bread comes however you order it :thumbsup:

Can you get fried, and mopping up bread together for the same price ?

Guest Bigleg

Yup, the large breakie comes with 2 slices of bread, so you can do them in any combo you like.

Guest Wiggy
Yup, the large breakie comes with 2 slices of bread, so you can do them in any combo you like.

Do you have rooms Craig, i might stop there in december ?

Guest nookiebear
Ok, Buriramboy's been giving us a great run-down on where (he recommends) to get a good breakfast.

Here at the Ace Cafe we have been undergoing a few changes, mostly to our breakfast menu, so I'm going to kick this thread off with a shameless plug for our own offering. Hopefully Cafe Uno, Canterbury Tales, Storm, Nickys etc etc will contribute to this thread. It's predominantly a reference for the Best British Breakfast....... but if you have an alternative please post it here too.

Ace Cafe Breakfast #1:

1 "Foot Long" Cumberland sausage (chipolatas and fat boy's are for faggots!), 2 eggs, 2 Middle Cut bacon (Back bacon is for lazy buggers who cannot be bothered to source REAL bacon for you), baked beans, black pudding, mushrooms, fried tomato, potato and onions, 2 wholewheat toast, jam, fresh orange juice (the real thing, not concentrate) and a large mug of coffee (instant or fresh ground, up to you) or tea (English breakfast tea: Tetley or PG Tips). Breakfast is served on a HOT plate and HP sauce is available.

Well I'm back down from the jungle Monday & will be in to enjoy even if it means waiting until after 10-00am.

had a breakfast in most of the places mentioned , ace cafe , cafe uno , juice and they are all good , but what is it with hash browns , they are american as george washington , why have they suddenly became english for breakfast , plus nobody in pattaya can supply edible black pudding.

stick to good old sausage , eggs , bacon , fried bread , baked beans , grilled tomato , mushrooms , toast , orange juice and tea or coffee and you wont go wrong .

best value ive had recently the winchester club 99 b and delicious .

Guest Paul1970

^ I'm with you on the hash browns, real fresh cooked ones are nice but the hash brown patties don't add anything to an english breakfast and usually if I have a breakfast with one of these patties I don't even touch it.

Nice touch with the cafe uno breakfast is the choice of tinned tomato or fresh tomato, fook knows why but I love tinned tomato but fooking hate a fresh tomato with brekkie, I know just call me strange.

Also the sausages on the cafe uno breakfast look the real deal, many places serve thin sausage for brekkie which IMO is a no no, brekkie sausages have to be nice thick fat fookers, bit like me really :whistling:

Guest Wiggy
My lame take is that in this day and age, and even more importantly, in the particular Pattaya marketplace, if ya really want to target a breakfast crowd ya shouldn't hang yer hat on a single item. Rather hang it on BREAKFAST. A great and perfect egg benedict or the like is as appealing to as many folks in the market place as is a great English brekie. Do both, promote both. Why limit your target audience??

Breakfast is a unique meal period to prosper in and those that do generally do not market the deal in the way I see business owners doing on this board. Just my two satang worth gents. OK, flame away

Seppo's will never understand what a traditonal Egnlish breakfast means, for god sakes you lot eat pancakes with syrup on for your breakfast, i mean come on everybody knows pancakes are for pancake day only, what next Christmas dinner on August bank holiday Monday, the world has gone to pot IMO.

Guest Wiggy
Wiggy really. What the f**k does this have to do with Seppo Mania? Get a grip guy. I know exactly what a great English brekie is and probably have had more of them than you could imagine. But not being as narrow minded as you I also realize there are a whole f**king bunch of people who aren't english running around looking at a great spot to have breakfast. Strap on my man.....I would even venture to say those that aren't particularly interested in the Englsih brekie far far FAR freaking out number those that do. That my freind has not a thing to do with is an English brekie a good and worthy thing.

Get your ass back to Pattaya. After only a few hours gone yer losing it already!

I new you would bite at that :whistling: :mellow:

Guest Wiggy
sure wig, whatever ya say dude. All this fall back crap about oh boo hoo u seppo's dont understand our humor is more pitiful then the natives "this is thailand" crap.

Besides all that, you have your hands full arguing your salary and job duties with Q and others. Don't put me on your plate until you show you can handle those guys. Cool!

In the meantime I am here to love ya brother.....someone needs to do it and being the decent seppo I am I volanteered.

Please just get back to Pattaya so I can transfer my duties to a whole harem of nubile young thangs for ya!

I feel like, you feel like youv'e been offended, if thats the case then i feel like i should appologise, i know the word Seppo has got your back up, but i was just being light hearted with you. I dont have to jusify my salary or job duties to Q or anyone else here, there just jealous because they have to work for a living.

Guest SpicyMartin

Getting back on topic here's another one from the Ace Cafe that's about as British as John Wayne and certainly appeals to a certain crowd out there... deep fried pork belly, mashed potato, baked beans and a fried egg...... our "Ranch Hands Special!"

post-152-1223187884.jpg

Guest buriramboy

I don't think many people actually advertise as an 'English' breakfast these days anyway, it is just a choice of breakfats containing different items, if you don't like hash browns then chose a brekky from the menu without them, hardly rocket science or asked for it to be changed for something else, i'm sure most places would comply.

Guest SpicyMartin

That's what this thread is all about...... one's opinion of different breakfast's available in this town.

I realise the pork belly slices is not anywhere near a "traditional American breakfast" in any way shape or form but it does have a following of folk from all walks of life who always show suprise when they see it on the menu...... that's why it's still there!

I know you and I haven't met, and I don't think you've met my menu...... if you had you'd understand my particular sense of humour..... that breakfast is straight out of "Blazing Saddles" which also probably only appealed to 5% of your population!