Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest NokTang

Looking for coffee percolator in Thailand

Guest NokTang

per·co·la·tor

1. a kind of coffeepot in which boiling water in a repeated process is forced up a hollow stem, filters down through ground coffee in a sievelike container, and returns to the pot below.

Smaller the better. Looked everywhere including malls in Bangkok.

Tried drip, just don't like it. Tried the hot water and into a glass, pressed down, okay but don't like.

Anyone seen a traditional percolator? If yes, please advise.

Thanks.

Nok

21440_285.jpg

Guest NokTang
Friendship supermarket, ground floor by the coffee bean section. :whistling:

Thanks for the quick reply. I've looked at those. Not "exactly" what I want for some reason. I think the fact they were made in Italy and I don't like Italians was part of it but also it appeared to only perk thru the coffee one time and seemed a pain in the arse to open up, load, etc..

The key is perking time and time again.

I'll go have another peek.

Cheers and hope you are well.

Nok

Guest NokTang
per·co·la·tor

1. a kind of coffeepot in which boiling water in a repeated process is forced up a hollow stem, filters down through ground coffee in a sievelike container, and returns to the pot below.

Just back from Friendship. Two bad things happened...

1. I confirmed the products refered to by Dave were made in Italy, making for a bad set of memories and distain in the mind.

2. They did not conform to the desired process of repeated perks. Only one time thru the coffee.

Thanks Dave, I'm still looking if anyone else notices a percolator.

Nok

I certainly remember coffee percolaters from my youth but havn't seen one for years, I would also like to find the real coffee machine, so please let me know

Guest Todder
I certainly remember coffee percolaters from my youth but havn't seen one for years, I would also like to find the real coffee machine, so please let me know

i will look in Tesco tonight when i go to work :thumbsup:

Guest SHREC

I agree totaly filter coffe tastes like newt piss, would love to get hold of perculator so can enjoy REAL coffee again. :thumbsup:

Guest Todder
I agree totaly filter coffe tastes like newt piss, would love to get hold of perculator so can enjoy REAL coffee again. :thumbsup:

maybe i should fill my bags with percolators and sell them when i get to patts? :thumbsup:

Guest SHREC
maybe i should fill my bags with percolators and sell them when i get to patts? :thumbsup:

Yeh an tetley tea bags, an newky brown,an hendersons relish, an lemonade, an ect,ect,ect :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest Todder
Yeh an tetley tea bags, an newky brown,an hendersons relish, an lemonade, an ect,ect,ect :thumbsup::blush:

i am bringing PG tips over this trip, just not decided who to give them to yet :blush: