Latest News
  • *** POODLE . word of the day . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

CampariO

Tomb Raider 3: Campario In Siem Reap

There were light openings in the wall to give the impression the stupa is lit like a candle.

post-111-0-08692900-1448855349_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-54304500-1448855352_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-20625400-1448855357_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-50893900-1448855360_thumb.jpg

Riding back to the hotel.

post-111-0-71722500-1448855362_thumb.jpg

Thanks for joining our trip.

Thanks, I'm worn out just looking at the pics, enjoyed them very much, I will see them close up and personal next year.

Some tips (search for more on the internet):

-Check the weather report: if it had been raining the stone should be slippery. Dangerous and no fun.

-I would avoid hot season, the 33°C we had was already enough.

-Take sun cream and a hat

- Bring a small bottle of water /drinks with you. You can buy at almost every temple something, so don't need to carry a large heavy bottle everywhere with you.

- If you want a guide, get an official one. There are many unofficials at the temples, heard you can get in trouble using them. The tuktuk drivers will just drive.

I didn't use a guide, find it annoying someone talking to you all the time and would forget 99% after 5 minutes anyway.

- In dry season the roads might be dusty, buy a mask at the pharmacy.

- You can hire a car with driver for a little more, but I liked the tuktuk ride, can shoot some pics while riding at it was a nice breeze.

- There is not much else to see, beside the lake where you can make aboat tour or visit some houses on stilts in the water. 3-4 days in Siem Reap was maximum for us.

- It is not so hot and you will get better pics in the early hours or late afternoon when the light is good, but I prefer to wake up a bit late.

- Get a free map from your hotel. There are different coloured tours offered, we did the red tour on day 1 (18 $ for the tuktuk booked via hotel), the green tour together with Banteay Sry (top right) was day 2 and costs 25 $. In addition you have to pay a ticket for the temples: 1 day ticket 20$, 3 days 40$ (I believe you can choose 3 days within a week). Don't remember the price for a 7 day ticket, but that is hardcore anyway. The driver will stop on the way at the ticket booth where they take your pic and print the ticket with your picture. Don't lose it, you need to show it several times.

The-Temples-of-Angkor-Map.jpg

excellent! some fabulous pictures! ready to see more if u got the time. thx

Thanks, but I put up more than planned and the remaining are very similar.

Thanks, but I put up more than planned and the remaining are very similar.

enjoyed it. did u pay for the tours with usd?

enjoyed it. did u pay for the tours with usd?

Paid the tuktuk to the hotel in USD (they put it on my bill and I paid later with CC in USD), all other expenses in USD as well, as the local currency (Riel) is usually only used to give small change back (less than 1 USD).

The flight tickets I paid with THB here in Pattaya.

Paid the tuktuk to the hotel in USD (they put it on my bill and I paid later with CC in USD), all other expenses in USD as well, as the local currency (Riel) is usually only used to give small change back (less than 1 USD).

The flight tickets I paid with THB here in Pattaya.

thx for the breakdown. take usd and no need to exchange it.

Thanks for the great pics and commentary, sort of makes up for the actual experience i didnt get 2 months ago as i had the galloping trots for nearly a week and hardly ever got to leave the hotel.