Latest News
  • *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

matthewh

Flight Price Are Coming Down Bigtime

I remember paying 350 with eva,which included 3 nights in the asia hotel.things are getting cheaper now.game on

you can fly directly now for well under 500.good value and hasn't been seen for a longtime.probably a restricted ticket.if your sure on your dates its good

salarys high in the UK=low prices..salarys low in Thailand=high prices.maybe they only want hisos to travel.as tommy said I got caught red handed on a fixed ticket.i will look at the price difference now

mate it cost me 22000 each to get home.once bitten and all thatone ways are the biggest rip of ever

mate it cost me 22000 each to get home.once bitten and all thatone ways are the biggest rip of ever

Everything costs more here. Even flights out...Lol

returns at those rpices arent bad mate. i know there are 4 of you so thats 100K, but wouldnt be much less from the UK to here. i remember how it adds upw ith a family tho, a real pain

Sure, but not bad as you say.

Actually considering flying to Spain, having a week there and getting a cheap Ryan air back Home. Not checked these prices yet.

I would happily pay 22000 to fly in,but out not.yes I got my fingers burnt.in future I will check the ticket conditions

probably why some guys end up in a pickle.they miss their flight and cant afford to fly home

That type should never have come to start with.

I would happily pay 22000 to fly in,but out not.yes I got my fingers burnt.in future I will check the ticket conditions

Stick to the inflexible cheap ones. You've been burnt once, but how many times have they worked OK?

If a flexible tickets costs half as much again, then you can afford one disaster every three trips where you have to change your flight and still break even. It's more likely to be much less frequent than that, so save your money and just bite the bullet the one time in 20 or one in 50 when things don't go to plan.

You'll save in the long run.

Stick to the inflexible cheap ones. You've been burnt once, but how many times have they worked OK?

If a flexible tickets costs half as much again, then you can afford one disaster every three trips where you have to change your flight and still break even. It's more likely to be much less frequent than that, so save your money and just bite the bullet the one time in 20 or one in 50 when things don't go to plan.

You'll save in the long run.

+1 Probably twice in over 40 trips i have had to change.

as al said the difference in price can be high.probably had 30 trips on tinpot tickets.divide 44000 into that .it aint too bad.im still waiting for the insurance money.55

as al said the difference in price can be high.probably had 30 trips on tinpot tickets.divide 44000 into that .it aint too bad.im still waiting for the insurance money.55

Will the insurance pay for mrs matt's ticket as well? I know some policies will depending on your level of cover.

Was there any reason why you didn't get your insurance co. involved while you were in Thailand (if you don't mind me asking??). I have had experience and I know of others as well who have had to change flights both domestic and international for one reason or other. Insurance co handled everything and no cash was required.

axa recommends you pay first but refunds within days of landing.. they can fund up front but takes several days

My experience has been with First Assist, I bought the cover through Halifax Bank, Couldn't fault them TBH. I only made the one call to them and they phoned me back a number of times to rearrange flights and an airport Hotel for a night. I think I ended up getting £70 or so back from them for other exes after they deducted the excess payment.

My mate had to be rushed into hospital in Chiang Rai last year he paid for his medical care but his company sorted the flight home and taxi from Heathrow to Bournemouth. All good apart from the fact that he had to wait 3 months for the cash he laid out at the hospital to be reimbursed. His policy was bought through the Nationwaide Bank.

my insurance is through nationwide too.they have been good but as yet no readys.its peace of mind having the cover

salarys high in the UK=low prices..salarys low in Thailand=high prices.maybe they only want hisos to travel.as tommy said I got caught red handed on a fixed ticket.i will look at the price difference now

I used to have dinner with the former CEO of Thai Airways and even he couldn't explain the massive price difference