Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
som nam na

External Portable Storage

I have a 2TB Western Digital Passport Ultra but it is now full and I need 4TB or 5TB for media storage.

Any recommendations what to buy would be appreciated.

Go small, you can now get the pocket sized My Passport in sizes up to 3TB, but the future is portable SSD (Solid State) Drives, right now only 500 GB size but you know it won't be long before that increases.

post-53271-0-60235200-1457399201_thumb.j

post-53271-0-26092900-1457399216_thumb.j

WD makes one called a My Book, in 4 or 6 TB sizes.

Seagate makes one called a Backup Plus in 4 or 5 TB sizes.

My Book also has a 8 TB version, $250 if imported from yankeeland or 12,900 baht in LOS if you can find it. The 6TB version is available from InvadeIT for 9,850 baht.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/external-hard-drives/western-digital-wd/wd-my-book-6tb-usb-3-0-external-hard-drive-wdbfjk0060hbk-p019910/

Alternatively, Samsung announced a 15.36 TB SSD a few days ago...but it would probably require a mortgage to get one. Surely hard drives can't hold on much longer.

SSD is the only way to go now. I have 4 running SSD hard rives in PCs at work, fast and flawless.

Here I have a few ext HD type portable hard drives, they are usually good but the most expensive has packed up and has all my backup on it. SSD is def the way to go, no mechanics no moving parts

Are you able to run Windows on SSD

Are you able to run Windows on SSD

Yes, I have 4 SSD's in a RAID as my boot drive for my desktop. Windows 7 boots in about 10 seconds.

Normally, RAID = Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks, but in your case it's RAED = Redundant Array of Expensive Disks.

:w00t:

I'm sure it's fast as hell though!