Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Under 300 Baht ... And Good!

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:35 AM, Parky said:

I went to Little India yesterday , popodums , chicken tikka massala , Pilau rice and garlic nan..

Was ok for 260 ...The nan was the best I have had on the island...

They do a special every day , but was the first time I went there..

Regards

Chase up Charlie 

I always enjoy it there,i have recommended it to people,and they don't.yes I saw on facebook that they are now doing daily specials for about 260.the resteraunt has stood the test of time.

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

I always enjoy it there,i have recommended it to people,and they don't.yes I saw on facebook that they are now doing daily specials for about 260.the resteraunt has stood the test of time.

It’s 230 before 6.00 .. had it twice in last month ,it’s tidy as you say ..

Regards 

Charles of Chasetown 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Parky said:

It’s 230 before 6.00 .. had it twice in last month ,it’s tidy as you say ..

Regards 

Charles of Chasetown 

we always go there,never had a bad meal.be there soon.

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

we always go there,never had a bad meal.be there soon.

I have only had the specials , I used to get a normal menu in another place .. got terrible food 🥘 poisoning once so swerved Indians 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parky said:

I have only had the specials , I used to get a normal menu in another place .. got terrible food 🥘 poisoning once so swerved Indians 😎

its the best ive found.havent had the special yet

• Thumbs up 1

50 minutes ago, matthewh said:

its the best ive found.havent had the special yet

I have eaten  in 6 I guess , I can’t say I had better their Nan bread the best on the island 🌴 

• Like 1

Well I dropped in for one ...

Onion bhaji , Chicken Bhoona , rice and garlic Nan.

260 baht water 20 baht ... 

That’s the 3rd meal there all very nice for the price ..

@john42 apologies I appreciate this type of post harms the forum 🤣🤣🤣

@thai spice please accept my apologies for such a boring post , please do not say that to Evil Penevil in his food thread 🤣🤣

DB261FFA-B29B-4D82-B647-E60178395754.jpegC7726FB3-9046-4B5A-83ED-3B959D771A93.jpeg

IMG_0121b.jpg

I don't write often about fast-food chain restaurants in Pattaya, mostly because I don't eat in them except on very rare occasions. On an impulse, I tried Texas Chicken at Central Marina.  I was pleasantly surprised; the chicken I got was better than I had expected and it qualified as good.  

IMG_0126a.jpg

Texas Chicken is the name Church's Chicken operates under outside North America.  It's the fourth largest U.S. fried chicken chain in both number of outlets and revenue, but I can't recall ever having tried it in the U.S. as it doesn't have stores in the eastern states.

IMG_0127.jpg

I ordered the three-piece combination for take-away.  It cost 159 baht and came with a small order of French fries,  one biscuit and a "bottomless" cup of soft drink. I also got some mashed potatoes with gravy for 15 baht.  I drank my ice tea in the restaurant; I didn't want to lug it to my hotel.

Here's what I got in my take-away box:

IMG_0140.jpg

The three pieces of chicken were all white meat, not thighs and legs.  They had been battered and deep-fried properly, crisp on the outside, the meat juicy and full of real chicken flavor.  It was far superior to  greasy KFC chicken with its soggy batter and tasteless meat.

IMG_0142.jpg

The sides were less impressive.  The French fries were industrial-style and the mashed potatoes had started out as flakes from a package. The biscuit had been topped with a honey-like sweetener and had a strange texture. It wasn't bad, but reminded me more of a dough-nut hole than a traditional biscuit.

Bottom line:  I don't often get a hankering for U.S.-style fried chicken, but the next time I do, I wouldn't hesitate to make a return visit to Texas Chicken.  The restaurant has plenty of special offers. In that sense, it lives up to its U.S. reputation as the "poor man's KFC"  because of its lower prices.

Untitled-1.jpg

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

38 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

IMG_0121b.jpg

I don't write often about fast-food chain restaurants in Pattaya, mostly because I don't eat in them except on very rare occasions. On an impulse, I tried Texas Chicken at Central Marina.  I was pleasantly surprised; the chicken I got was better than I had expected and it qualified as good.  

IMG_0126a.jpg

Texas Chicken is the name Church's Chicken operates under outside North America.  It's the fourth largest U.S. fried chicken chain in both number of outlets and revenue, but I can't recall ever having tried it in the U.S. as it doesn't have stores in the eastern states.

IMG_0127.jpg

I ordered the three-piece combination for take-away.  It cost 159 baht and came with a small order of French fries,  one biscuit and a "bottomless" cup of soft drink. I also got some mashed potatoes with gravy for 15 baht.  I drank my ice tea in the restaurant; I didn't want to lug it to my hotel.

Here's what I got in my take-away box:

IMG_0140.jpg

The three pieces of chicken were all white meat, not thighs and legs.  They had been battered and deep-fried properly, crisp on the outside, the meat juicy and full of real chicken flavor.  It was far superior to  greasy KFC chicken with its soggy batter and tasteless meat.

IMG_0142.jpg

The sides were less impressive.  The French fries were industrial-style and the mashed potatoes had started out as flakes from a package. The biscuit had been topped with a honey-like sweetener and had a strange texture. It wasn't bad, but reminded me more of a dough-nut hole than a traditional biscuit.

Bottom line:  I don't often get a hankering for U.S.-style fried chicken, but the next time I do, I wouldn't hesitate to make a return visit to Texas Chicken.  The restaurant has plenty of special offers. In that sense, it lives up to its U.S. reputation as the "poor man's KFC"  because of its lower prices.

Untitled-1.jpg

Evil

Only been in there briefly , lost my card one day .. with all the malls a few will struggle , nevernewrd of this chain thanks for posting ..

I read on FB some place is doing a 70 baht breakfast 🤣🤣 That will have the 40 baht refugees returning if we are not carful 🤣🤣

IMG_0081a.jpg

Yesterday I had breakfast at the Chill Inn on Soi Buakhao.  It's across the street from Jolly's and next door to the former premises of the Great American Sandwich Co. that are currently under conversion to a coyote bar.

IMG_0080a.jpg

It wasn't a calculated move on my part.  I was walking past about 11.00 a.m., felt hungry and saw a sign for a 89-baht breakfast special.  I gave it a try.

IMG_0082.jpg

The breakfast consisted of two fried eggs, back bacon, a U.K.-style sausage, fried potatoes, toast, jam and coffee or tea.

IMG_0074.jpg

It was good for the price.  The eggs were fresh and the bacon and the potatoes fried with onions- they weren't hash browns- were tasty. I  don't like that sort of sausage so i didn't eat it.  The bread was too lightly toasted for me, but that's down to personal preference.

IMG_0075.jpg

I'm well aware you can get three times the food (and probably five times the calories) with the Retox baht-buster breakfast for 99 baht, but the Chill Inn's special was enough for me.  I don't eat big fried breakfasts anymore.

IMG_0077.jpg

It also a pleasant place to sit; open-front, but the fans keep it cool.  I didn't like that they llow smoking- and one customer was even puffing on a pipe-  but the fans kept the fumes away.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Bottom line:  I doubt I'll have much occasion to eat breakfast again at the Chill Inn, but I was happy with my breakfast there.

i couldnt and wouldnt eat that mate .

the eggs are way over cooked , the sausage is definitely not uk style , its a thai sausage .and there is no place for cucumber on a breakfast .

what you got there was a typical thai offering of what they think a breakfast is .

looks a nice place though .

• Thumbs up 1

8 hours ago, mulphy said:

i couldnt and wouldnt eat that mate .

the eggs are way over cooked , the sausage is definitely not uk style , its a thai sausage .and there is no place for cucumber on a breakfast .

what you got there was a typical thai offering of what they think a breakfast is .

looks a nice place though .

The bacon looks rancid as well.

But hey at 89bht what are we expecting? 

Sad news for fans of American food:  Richman Poorman in Jomtien is closing its doors.  March 9th is its final day.

Capture.JPG

I'll have to trundle out there in the next few days; maybe tonight, as the daily specials look inviting. especially the chicken parm at 195 baht: 

52551997_2340830872820089_792593256213905408_n.jpg

53050659_2340831136153396_633748155673870336_n.jpg

52712854_2340831326153377_1398803937011695616_n.jpg

(from RMPM's Facebook page)

Evil