Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
elway69

Holes -in-one

Who's had one....or two.

On Thursday,I came as close as I've ever been.A five iron to the 17th at Eastern Star(167 yards),the ball stopped 6 inches behind the cup.

:o:o:o :angry:

• Like 1

I've only ever played golf once which was at a pay and pray on Hengistbury Head near Bournemoth about 40 odd years ago I guess. A bunch of lads with one set of sticks of which we each chose one. They all laughed at me cos I chose one that was apparantley no good and punting when you get to the flat bit....Which turned out to be true....so when it was my turn again to start I just bloody whacked it and it went straight in!!

I couldn't bloody believe it until I picked out my ball and somebody said I had won and should leave now ....But I just couldn't stop jumping up and down. I nearly broke the heel off my 70s platform shoes...

• Like 2

Last week birdied the really short par 3 at Silky Oaks with a 12" putt, then missed a 18" birdie putt on the other par 3 (the one with really elevated green- I can never remember hole numbers), those 2 are the closest I've come to a hole in one for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, scotty said:

Last week birdied the really short par 3 at Silky Oaks with a 12" putt, then missed a 18" birdie putt on the other par 3 (the one with really elevated green- I can never remember hole numbers), those 2 are the closest I've come to a hole in one for a while.

We have 2 tee times at E Star this week Mon and Thurs,also playing Silky Oak on Tues.You'd be welcome join us.

3 minutes ago, elway69 said:

We have 2 tee times at E Star this week Mon and Thurs,also playing Silky Oak on Tues.You'd be welcome join us.

Thanks. Can I borrow one of your sticks.?.....and I'll have to go shopping in Mikes for a decent set of heels..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiny Todger said:

Thanks. Can I borrow one of your sticks.?.....and I'll have to go shopping in Mikes for a decent set of heels..

LOL.

Serious invitation to Scotty though,we've been trying to arrange a game for while.

• Like 1

Thanks Elway but I'm away on Wednesday and meeting friends in Pattaya on Monday.

Apologies for being hopeless at arranging a game.

Just to add, I parred the other 2 par 3's on that day at Silky Oaks, scored a 10 on the last hole to give me a score of 100.

Gotta love golf.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, scotty said:

Thanks Elway but I'm away on Wednesday and meeting friends in Pattaya on Monday.

Apologies for being hopeless at arranging a game.

Just to add, I parred the other 2 par 3's on that day at Silky Oaks, scored a 10 on the last hole to give me a score of 100.

Gotta love golf.

No problem Scotty,we'll get there in the end.

Like I said we play at least twice a week,usually 3 times.

Hope your trip goes quick and safe.

T.

• Like 1