Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The Town Crier

Aussie Suicide in Soi Arunothai

Pattaya One Media Group -

Just after midnight, on August 17, Pattaya Police were informed of an apparent suicide at the Kao Karat Condominium, Soi Arunothai 2, Pattaya.

Sawang Boriboon Medics were on the scene attending Mr Russell John Calcutt, a fifty-nine-year-old Australian, who was lying at the foot of the fifteen-story building.

His friend, who preferred not to be named, told reporters that he had a drink with him and his Thai girlfriend earlier in the evening.

Mr Calcutt excused himself as he was due to leave for Australia the following morning. According to the friend he seemed to be acting normally.

The police have assumed the dead man ‘must have been depressed’ and jumped from the pool area on the roof.

The body has been sent for autopsy.

Report by Pattaya News Team

Like the Pattaya One Facebook Page to Receive Active News Feed

John Russell Calcutt (4) John Russell Calcutt (1) John Russell Calcutt (2) John Russell Calcutt (3)

The post Aussie Suicide in Soi Arunothai

View the full article

Why do they never seal off the scene from the vultures that come with their phones for a private photo, maybe even a selfie. Disgusting way they treat the deceased in this country. I feel for families of the deceased as they really do need to deal with the reality that death brings and I am sure they do not see the scene as a photo opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Why do they never seal off the scene from the vultures that come with their phones for a private photo, maybe even a selfie. Disgusting way they treat the deceased in this country. I feel for families of the deceased as they really do need to deal with the reality that death brings and I am sure they do not see the scene as a photo opportunity.

Only money counts here mate. Even dead farangs can earn them a bit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Hmmm...

Indeed.... 

Police shouldn't make an ass of u and me. 

1 minute ago, Bubblegum said:

How typical that a thread like this is turning into the usual shitfest again.

f**king grow up.

thread cleaned up

• Like 1

I read there are no suicides here, no broken hearts, no sickness, no money problems no alcohol  issues.... or worse...

RIP poor chap  

3 hours ago, Bubblegum said:

That's a bit more respectful don't you think ?

Mind your language , you swearing all over the thread , tragic ...

Respectful ... Appalling 

6 hours ago, Bubblegum said:

How typical that a thread like this is turning into the usual shitfest again.

f**king grow up.

Show some respect ...

it was the day before he returned to Australia.no disrespect but probably not a goodlife there.i guess he loved pattaya and had financials.RIP fella.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matthewh said:

it was the day before he returned to Australia.no disrespect but probably not a goodlife there.i guess he loved pattaya and had financials.RIP fella.

Quite probably, his mate it appears never said anything ... The poor guy that jumped off VT 6 a couple of years back, was known by a few ran out of money and had a last hurrah here.

Never nice when it happens, 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, matthewh said:

it was the day before he returned to Australia.no disrespect but POSSIBLY not a good life FOR HIM there. I SPECULATE he loved Pattaya and had financials.RIP fella.

I slightly changed it for you Mat, I would love to work in Australia, a country I must get back to after just a fleeting visit years back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Tongue said:

I slightly changed it for you Mat, I would love to work in Australia, a country I must get back to after just a fleeting visit years back.

I have seen guys in tears leaving their girls mate, full on crying ... You need to remember some lads that come here have never had a decent relationship  or in some cases any relationship with  women, some have said to me they are depressed one girl they love blah blah ...

If a persons mind is so messed  up they cant see a way out ..... This I believe  happens a lot , 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parky said:

I have seen guys in tears leaving their girls mate, full on crying ... You need to remember some lads that come here have never had a decent relationship  or in some cases any relationship with  women, some have said to me they are depressed one girl they love blah blah ...

If a persons mind is so messed  up they cant see a way out ..... This I believe  happens a lot , 

My comment was made out of respect for Australia as Mat's comment came across as a bit negative (my interpretation only) to our antipodean friends home turf, one man's possible problems don't go for all the guys who travel to Thailand.

You of course are right that many will never cope with what is put before them in terms of looks, availability, age etc and may just fall into the trap as maybe indeed they have not experienced the 'undying devotion that a Thai offers' before kicking you in the gonads!

That said the comments were speculation and we may never know why the guy jumped/or was pushed.

Whatever the reasons it was a sad story that happens all too often.

Just now, The Tongue said:

My comment was made out of respect for Australia as Mat's comment came across as a bit negative (my interpretation only) to our antipodean friends home turf, one man's possible problems don't go for all the guys who travel to Thailand.

You of course are right that many will never cope with what is put before them in terms of looks, availability, age etc and may just fall into the trap as maybe indeed they have not experienced the 'undying devotion that a Thai offers' before kicking you in the gonads!

That said the comments were speculation and we may never know why the guy jumped/or was pushed.

Whatever the reasons it was a sad story that happens all too often.

For sure one guys problems are his and his alone, it reads as if he went to the roof of his own volition ? 

RIP ....