Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

CampariO

Yangon – Myanmar: 5 days 4 nights

51 minutes ago, mulphy said:

so great report by campario , but for me it shows yangon is a city which might once have had decent infrastructure and architecture but who has let it slip in to a state of disrepair through neglect .

now this report was a couple of years ago and i wonder if anyone on here has been more recently and can report any upturn in tourism and can give me a reason to visit .

the reason im reviving this thread is because ive been invited to travel to myanmar in the near future but quite honestly if its as campario reported i wouldnt want to go .

so does anybody have any updates .

I have not been in 8 years but a good mate is there every week for business and has been for more than 10 years. According to him the place is un recognizable from even a few years ago so much growth. For sure you won't find p4p nightlife, but some of the newer hotels a rub n tug can be found in the massage shop. Decent night life he says, a variety of clubs and styles, but surely not in the qty you are used to.

I know the Hard Rock is doing some big numbers since they opened. If you end up going let me know and I can get some specific names for clubs and restaurants and hotels from mate.

2 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

I have not been in 8 years but a good mate is there every week for business and has been for more than 10 years. According to him the place is un recognizable from even a few years ago so much growth. For sure you won't find p4p nightlife, but some of the newer hotels a rub n tug can be found in the massage shop. Decent night life he says, a variety of clubs and styles, but surely not in the qty you are used to.

I know the Hard Rock is doing some big numbers since they opened. If you end up going let me know and I can get some specific names for clubs and restaurants and hotels from mate.

thanks mate . to be honest im not bothered about partaking in any P4P but i would like there to be bar areas with girls in attendance .

big clubs and hard rock hotel type venues are not really my thing .

im still struggling to find any reason id want to go , though i like an adventure .

52 minutes ago, mulphy said:

thanks mate . to be honest im not bothered about partaking in any P4P but i would like there to be bar areas with girls in attendance .

big clubs and hard rock hotel type venues are not really my thing .

im still struggling to find any reason id want to go , though i like an adventure .

Few years since I was there, probably 5 or 6. If you want an adventure in old Asia.....real old Asia I’d say it’s worth a go, but you need to get out of Yangon and go to places like Bagan, Mandalay and Inle Lake. The nightlife was next to nothing when I went, it might have changed but I’d be surprised if it was at the level you were looking for now. Doubt you will find bars with girls in attendance. It was mostly ‘beer shops’ with no air on when I went, I think you like your aircon so you might be stuck to drinking in hotels, but as I say it was a few years since I went. The adventure part should be the same though.....

361AEFBB-E551-4E37-8746-A4326D2D0E07.jpeg

543AF19F-7707-4D1B-A04F-C2B514A8BF7E.jpeg

FB1DBC25-2D26-402B-B602-E5EC354BCACC.jpeg

C9C1DA7E-CBA1-4E40-80D5-CC5A426531CB.jpeg

F18DBD28-88BF-48D6-859C-1B7AEA3E340E.jpeg

C1FF12E4-DCCF-4BCE-8D93-BC7424809C14.jpeg

AC8EF25A-F547-4790-8272-C476E329443F.jpeg

E87A087E-6588-427C-9DCC-0503C7948112.jpeg

16E19201-1F11-4C5E-A882-E0CA649B4880.jpeg

20312FFA-4AEC-41F9-85A7-B0B2983E8D08.jpeg

DE85C29A-17DD-49F0-946E-8BE70C896D29.jpeg

381524B4-0FC2-49B5-996D-AD686E27F7CF.jpeg

33EDF3E0-0B94-4A3F-8477-F4E9A4E21A04.jpeg

092FFE7D-9899-4EC3-B076-5E16F95AF619.jpeg

989AABB2-6A8F-40A8-ACD1-E2FB997A7E6D.jpeg

Went to yangon 3years back,in the cab from airport, driver asked how long Yangon,me 4days I said he replyed too long,he was not wrong.Did Sherdagon temple worth going at sunset,Stuper looks like its on fire.Strand Hotel Bar worth doing for the old colonial atmosphere,drinking haunt Kipling and  Orwell, Mandalay much better.

2 hours ago, kwa said:

The one that closed in April?

https://www.facebook.com/HRCYangon/

there you go! Daughter of one of tycoons whose company built Mall of Myramar was the franchisor. Wonder if the whole Mall went tits up or just the HRC?

Kind of thought it was a bit ambitious.

I did a second trip to Yangon in February. Stayed at the Park Royal again, its very comfortable, and has a huge breakfast buffet spread. Seafood buffets etc in the evening. Second floor has a Chinese restaurant. Pool is small. Downstairs is a nightclub with 20-30 ladies hanging around. In the daytime its interesting walking around, lots of photo opportunities, its not a big city, and still many old colonial buildings. Shwedagon Pagoda is a must visit. Yangon doesn't have a bar scene like Phnom Penh or Pattaya, its more like rural Isaan with ladies on a stage in traditional dress waiting for a garland, or to be invited to your table for a drink. Google JJ's, Emperor or Pioneer. Chinatown has a few massage shops but i didn't venture inside. Its not a mainstream mongering destination but a chance to see a different culture. If you want something more adventurous try Bagan in the north which has 4,000 plus temples and ruins....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1