Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
pattayaman2001

Motorbikes

6 hours ago, davethailand said:

I actually learnt to ride a motorbike with gears in Pattaya on Mini Siam go kart track in 2001.

Since then I've owned a few bikes including a Fatboy, rode numerous others and rode probably close to 10000km around Thailand & Malaysia.

A few pics of my old bikes.

:)

24172_369861019957_6054099_n.jpg

24172_370217964957_1276410_n.jpg

10154334_10152517157479958_6000945949913612251_n.jpg

10731019_10152517136954958_1495882498285119326_n.jpg

What was the Fatboy like Dave ?

6 hours ago, davethailand said:

I actually learnt to ride a motorbike with gears in Pattaya on Mini Siam go kart track in 2001.

Since then I've owned a few bikes including a Fatboy, rode numerous others and rode probably close to 10000km around Thailand & Malaysia.

A few pics of my old bikes.

:)

24172_369861019957_6054099_n.jpg

24172_370217964957_1276410_n.jpg

10154334_10152517157479958_6000945949913612251_n.jpg

10731019_10152517136954958_1495882498285119326_n.jpg

Nice photos Dave.

First bike I ever rode was an old Greaves 249 trial bike that my old man bought for the numberplate. Used to go around the back field on it till the inevitable happened and I came off and broke my wrist, think I was 12 or 13. My mum made him get rid of it after that.

I got an RD250 when I was 18. There was a special offer on because they had just brought out the alloy wheel version and were selling the spoke wheel ones cheaper. How I am still alive to tell the tales about the lucky scrapes, bumps, bounces and collisions I had on that bike god only knows. There was a powerband around 5000 revs and it was truly "lift off" time when you hit it in the right gear. 

Always wanted an early 80s Kwaka Z1000 but got married at 21 and the first mrs smiler hated bikes so the RD was the only one I had in UK. Got a Mio for use in the village and just bought a spanking new Koalao "Juliet" in Vientiane to beat the traffic as a run around.

Yeah I would like a big bike but lots of other things on the list before that will happen. Got a mate who has a Ninja that I have been out on a few times and TBH I scared myself shitless with the sheer animal power of the thing so when the time does come it will be something a little more sedate ..................

Good thread.

• Like 1

First bike was a Honda C90 that my brother 'converted' to a scrambler for me when I was about 13. He then gave me a Honda DT175 when I was 15 , lov ed playing in the old quarry on that bike.

First road bike at 16 was a Yamaha RD50, ported, expansion pipe etc, could do 60MPH with the wind behind me and my feet tucked up on the rear indicators.

Then an old Kawa KH125 at 17.

Then a Suzuki X7, a bit scary that, then a terrifying RD400, brilliant fun, don't know how I didn't kill myself in that thing.

Then a gap of 25 years, had a Honda CBR250 over here for a few years but sold it recently, for various reasons I think that is the end of biking days for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah the X7 - there was a fair bit of rivalry as I remember between those of us who had the RD and mates who went for the x7. I think the X7 was actually faster top end but the Yammy was quicker through the gears......................

When I go back to UK at the end of the year I will dig out some old pics. I know I have a couple of group shots with around 6 of us on RDs and X7s.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parky said:

What was the Fatboy like Dave ?

Loved it mate.

It was a 1992 bought by East coast choppers Jomtien after being fully rebuilt in 2000.

The owner Chris rang me and said that he had a bike in that I would like so I rented it to ride to Malaysia in 2004.

I continued to rent it to do Chiang Mai, Phuket and Malaysia again and finally bought it off him in around 2006.

He'd taken off alot of custom bits and changed the paint job so I slowly spruced it up a bit.

Drove beautifully.

Here's a pic how it was in 2004.

2004_1214Image0004.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Loved it mate.

It was a 1992 bought by East coast choppers Jomtien after being fully rebuilt in 2000.

The owner Chris rang me and said that he had a bike in that I would like so I rented it to ride to Malaysia in 2004.

I continued to rent it to do Chiang Mai, Phuket and Malaysia again and finally bought it off him in around 2006.

He'd taken off alot of custom bits and changed the paint job so I slowly spruced it up a bit.

Drove beautifully.

Here's a pic how it was in 2004.

2004_1214Image0004.jpg

Never had one mate looks the nuts ... Bucket list either that or getting faster wi fi 555 ???

Indeed there was a lot of rivalry between the 2.

Used to be between 20 and 50 bikers met in our town centre nearly every night to race around the town, mostly all great lads having relatively harmless fun.

Every one of us were well known to the local police who gave us a bit of leeway as long as you kept within the unwritten rules.

We'll have only had it one day but I can already tell I'm going to have lots of fun with this bike. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Murchie said:

We'll have only had it one day but I can already tell I'm going to have lots of fun with this bike. 

image.jpeg

Great stuff , £ for £ best value bikes on the island .. Pegasus has the same one 

• Like 1

Just back from a good run on the CBR, what a great bike to ride and very comfortable to ride compared to the CRF. Feel like I could ride the CBR for hours where as with the CRF a couple of hours is enough. 

• Like 1

Pissed off though that the knee pads from my trousers have fell apart, today was only the second time I had worn them. Long way back to Buriram to complain though. I see there is a Alpinestars on Pattaya Tai so will head there and see what they say. 

20160910_112701.jpg

8 minutes ago, scotty said:

Good to see you with all the correct gear on also.

It's a must as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 3

Well, Ouy's day off yesterday we planned on taking the Family to Baan Na but as we all know it poured and poured.

Went out late last night to Tesco Lotus for shopping and took the bike a wee buzz after that. Roads were slippy so no hard throttling.

Question to the learned! Where is the best place to buy an aftermarket exhaust in Pattaya? Or is it a trip to Bangkok!

I like the titanium exhaust on it but looking for a lighter, slightly louder tone. Also where to buy Hi flow air filters like K&N and BMC?    

On 13/09/2016 at 6:54 AM, pattayaman2001 said:

Well, Ouy's day off yesterday we planned on taking the Family to Baan Na but as we all know it poured and poured.

Went out late last night to Tesco Lotus for shopping and took the bike a wee buzz after that. Roads were slippy so no hard throttling.

Question to the learned! Where is the best place to buy an aftermarket exhaust in Pattaya? Or is it a trip to Bangkok!

I like the titanium exhaust on it but looking for a lighter, slightly louder tone. Also where to buy Hi flow air filters like K&N and BMC?    

Did you ever find a place in Pattaya for aftermarket exhausts and air filters.

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

Lots of guys do the agraphobic exaust,    Never interested me .. on the Z800 I put on bar riders and a few bits and pieces ,  I have seen Pmans GXR on the day he bought it and last week , looks the nuts ..

Your Honda is the best £ for £   Bike in Thailand bar none , there is some decent choice here now for bikes.

4 hours ago, Murchie said:

Air filters K&N Bangkok. Pattaya, copy exhausts.

• Like 1

Had a great run out on the bike last Tuesday with pattayaman and Parky, nice run out to Bang Chang on Sukhumvit then came back through the back roads through Silverlake. Stopped off at Camel bar for lunch, nice enough bar but don't order a tuna sandwich.

I know that a few other BM's here own motorbikes so was thinking of a PL bike run day out, just wondering if any other BM's would be interested. 

It's true what they say, once you get one bike your hooked and want more.

July 2015 I got the Honda CRF250M

September 2016 I got the Honda CBR500R

Coming soon will be the 2017 Honda CBR650R, still to decide on red or black.

FB_IMG_1486724140556.jpg

FB_IMG_1486723766414.jpg

2017-Honda-CBR650F-10-1024x683.jpg

2017-Honda-CBR650F-3-1024x683.jpg

• Like 2