Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thegrogmonster

Renewing drivers licence

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

renewal of the 5 yr licence is whent hey get u for this.  no way around it no vip deal unless away from the centre and u have someone in the know

get there 8, take drink and sandwiches, charge up phone.. have all docs ready.  for WP people u need YOUR and company tax ID number to hand..  3.5 hrs of tedium.. then out and off for 5 more years.

when the palce opens they take farang in a different queue  and actualy you get thru the first stages faster

Straight in. Take the emergency brake test. Peripheral vision lining up the slider. Traffic light colour. No video...Jing Jing...lol

2 hours ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Straight in. Take the emergency brake test. Peripheral vision lining up the slider. Traffic light colour. No video...Jing Jing...lol

So the 5k spend allows a VIP to skip  watching the 1hr long video.

Great value !!

7 hours ago, Fondles said:

So the 5k spend allows a VIP to skip  watching the 1hr long video.

Great value !!

No. It guarantees a fast track for those who want to walk in without ANY LIcence (not me case) and come out with a shiny Thai one (most of the group) big money here. No corruption...Lol 

don't forget the licence starts after your birthday so wait till it expires before renewing.  doing it this way you can get almost 6 years.  

4 hours ago, pattayaman2001 said:

No. It guarantees a fast track for those who want to walk in without ANY LIcence (not me case) and come out with a shiny Thai one (most of the group) big money here. No corruption...Lol 

So the group you were with had no license at all and they jumped straight to a 5  year license ?

1 hour ago, mrgreenjeans said:

Well do you or do you not have to watch the f**king video..?

if you dont wanna spunk 5k then yes in my experience you will have to watch the vid

5 hours ago, Fondles said:

So the group you were with had no license at all and they jumped straight to a 5  year license ?

Mixed group of people mate. Some had licences some didn't. Some even paid immigration 25K to get 5 year licenses on a 30 day visa free entry. Guys planning to come back and live here. They ALL got it on the day. Straight in. No messing. One English guy with His flipper girlfriend. She'd never ever sat on a bike She got a licence...Lol

I had my UK licence but didn't fancy the waiting. 5K well spent I'd say. Would I do it again after my 2 years expires? Absolutely. Hassle free. I spend that on the piss on a night or two.

5 hours ago, mrgreenjeans said:

Well do you or do you not have to watch the f**king video..?

Pay Thai rates = YES. Pay driving test centre rates = NO.

41 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Mixed group of people mate. Some had licences some didn't. Some even paid immigration 25K to get 5 year licenses on a 30 day visa free entry. Guys planning to come back and live here. They ALL got it on the day. Straight in. No messing. One English guy with His flipper girlfriend. She'd never ever sat on a bike She got a licence...Lol

I had my UK licence but didn't fancy the waiting. 5K well spent I'd say. Would I do it again after my 2 years expires? Absolutely. Hassle free. I spend that on the piss on a night or two.

Why in f**k would someone pay immigration for a license, they do not issue them.

Story is smelling more like bullshit with every post you make.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fondles said:

Why in f**k would someone pay immigration for a license, they do not issue them.

Story is smelling more like bullshit with every post you make.

Nope. They asked immigration as they had been told cannot make 5 year licence on a 30 day visa excempt entry. They organised a Thai they know who does the driving test runs to take them to the centre and get them the five year licences. 25K Baht they paid.What they told me I have no reason to dis believe I was with them on the bus going to and coming back. I seen their passports they had no visas just 30 day visits.

Up to you what you think.