Latest News
  • *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Remus

Qatar Airlines

I was looking at airfares and prices, and although Emirates would be my first choice, their planes land in the early evening in Bangkok.  I was looking at Qatar, which have a short stop on the way and they arrive early afternoon, which would suit me better. I have never flown with them before, and was wondering if they are comparable to Etihad or Emirates for 1 stop flights in that price range, Have any members here used them before? 

Used them many times, almost as good as Emirates, quality of service a bit lower than Emirates but the planes are of the same standard.

Much better than BA, KLM etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

Used them many times, almost as good as Emirates, quality of service a bit lower than Emirates but the planes are of the same standard.

Much better than BA, KLM etc.

Thanks, that is encouraging.  

Used them before including Lon-BKK and they were fantastic. They had everything you want in airline from attentive staff to decent food, the only fault I could find is that Doha airport is boring as feck. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Uncle Remus said:

I was looking at airfares and prices, and although Emirates would be my first choice, their planes land in the early evening in Bangkok.  I was looking at Qatar, which have a short stop on the way and they arrive early afternoon, which would suit me better. I have never flown with them before, and was wondering if they are comparable to Etihad or Emirates for 1 stop flights in that price range, Have any members here used them before? 

Emirates have flights that arrive morning, afternoon and evening. Think they have four flights a day. 

6 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Used them before including Lon-BKK and they were fantastic. They had everything you want in airline from attentive staff to decent food, the only fault I could find is that Doha airport is boring as feck. 

Have they got a decent Duty Free section ? I am guessing the DF prices would be roughly the same as Dubai or Abu Dhabi. On the flight schedules that I was looking at, it is only a couple of hours change over, so that should not be too bad 

• Like 1

There food is good, I remember the Danish I got with breakfast very nice .

3 minutes ago, Uncle Remus said:

Have they got a decent Duty Free section ? I am guessing the DF prices would be roughly the same as Dubai or Abu Dhabi. On the flight schedules that I was looking at, it is only a couple of hours change over, so that should not be too bad 

The duty was fairly decent from what I remember but not much else going on. If it's only a couple of hours you will be grand as by the time you get off the plane and get to your next gate you will only have an hour to kill in between. I had 3hrs to kill in Mumbai airport, now that was an experience. 

• Like 1

I flew to Dubai with Qatar back in August.

Doha airport, about as boring as watching shite dry in the sunshine, thought there duty free selection was quite small, and the DF shop hard to find!! Apart from the food court,other restaurants are expensive.

If you worried about not having any local money when you land for drinks, bring your own off the plane or from Heathrow. When you land in Doha, there is no security or x-ray to go through, you are off the plane and straight into the airport proper!!

Their 787 aircraft has some of the smallest seats i have ever sat in! For a 5 star airline, too small. The leg space in cattle class is way too tight. Food was really good though, although no menus were handed out, you got what was on the trolley at the time. AVOD content is not as large as Emirates but on a  par with Etihad. Will say though, that the screen was very responsive and quick, and easy to use. Without doubt, their A380 are alot better, so if you can manage to arrange all your flights on 380's, all should be good.  

• Like 1

I flew with them in July, new airport built in 2014 and it's massive.

I had no complaints but i did fly Business class.

I have some pics I will try and sort out later, it was very impressive.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the info guys, I think I will give them a try. They are A380s as far as I can see, so that will be a bonus. For those length of flights I want to be as comfortable as possible for an economy flight.   Look forward to some picks e4t.

Only have used Emirates but considered Qater as times are better. Good info but the seat issue would swing me to Emirates. Cannot fault them.

35 minutes ago, Parky said:

I prefer direct flights 

Good for you Bro, exactly what the OP was asking about.

I thought he was asking about 1 stop flights.....

1 hour ago, Fondles said:

Good for you Bro, exactly what the OP was asking about.

Don't lose your bottle mate...

2 minutes ago, Parky said:

Don't lose your bottle mate...

my bottle is just fine Bro, thanks for your interest.

Now if only you could stay on topic and answer the OP's question rather than thread f**king it with your own pathetic agenda.

• Like 1

Qatar are fine. If the times and price suits you I'd not hesitate to use them.

The new airport is a vast improvement on the old but the only time I've used it flying back to Norway the gate was an awful long walk from the central hub. I've never heard and British people complain though so I guess gates to UK destinations are closer.

Mate of mine just flew through there and to kill time on a long layover paid 150 QAR (£33 ish) for entry into the Vitality Wellbeing and Fitness Centre which contains a 25m swimming pool, fully equipped gym, hydrotherapy tubs and showers. This may be of interest to any gym bunnies passing through the forum. 

• Like 1

Guest painter
7 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

I flew with them in July, new airport built in 2014 and it's massive.

I had no complaints but i did fly Business class.

I have some pics I will try and sort out later, it was very impressive.

Ditto. All 4 legs upstairs on a a380. Slept most of the time, apart from when I was eating from  the "on demand" menu, and drinking too much (for me!) of the rather good port they had. 

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Qatar are fine. If the times and price suits you I'd not hesitate to use them.

The new airport is a vast improvement on the old but the only time I've used it flying back to Norway the gate was an awful long walk from the central hub. I've never heard and British people complain though so I guess gates to UK destinations are closer.

Mate of mine just flew through there and to kill time on a long layover paid 150 QAR (£33 ish) for entry into the Vitality Wellbeing and Fitness Centre which contains a 25m swimming pool, fully equipped gym, hydrotherapy tubs and showers. This may be of interest to any gym bunnies passing through the forum. 

Thanks for that. Just a few gin&tonics and some pork scratchings  in the lounge will suit me, but that is a real bonus especially for a long stop over.  Not sure whether about the pork scratchings availability though. Found a flight for 440 GBP so I think I will go ahead and book.