Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
valkyrie

re updating minix box

Hi Got a mates from hua hins minix box lying in my house  in pattaya for last three weeks cant get hold of Phil aka lanzalad anyone know anyone else that can reformat it .he dont want it done for free thanks

Did Phil sell the box, if not I doubt he would be able to help as he is now in UK and offering support only to those boxes he sold via his support forum and via remote access.

I am trying to find out if anybody else is selling them now that Phil has moved on, if there is anybody selling them then they may be that person who could help but I am not aware of anybody else selling them through this forum. I think there was a guy as well as Phil selling them via the Secrets board but as I have not been on that board for almost a year it may not be the current situation.

The only thing I can suggest is that you can attach the box via USB to a PC and access the data that way, not sure if there is a reformat capability but you can see all the files etc but no doubt some of those come with the box so be steady there. A professional advisory would be good here if anybody has the info that would help you. Me, I just have a dead box and looking for another that is already loaded with apps similar to how Phil offered them for sale.

Phil has been a great help but there is not much that he can do when the box is physically dead as a bloody dodo, we think mine is a processor problem as I see nothing on boot up despite there being power to the box..

10 hours ago, valkyrie said:

Hi Got a mates from hua hins minix box lying in my house  in pattaya for last three weeks cant get hold of Phil aka lanzalad anyone know anyone else that can reformat it .he dont want it done for free thanks

Try contacting Plakka

contact footy streams on addicts he sels boxes and advertises he will reformat and update anyones box for 1000 baht

my mate doug has his done last week as he was over from usa and couldnt contact lanza lad

his name is mark, i'll pm you his mobile number

18 hours ago, The Tongue said:

Did Phil sell the box, if not I doubt he would be able to help as he is now in UK and offering support only to those boxes he sold via his support forum and via remote access.

I am trying to find out if anybody else is selling them now that Phil has moved on, if there is anybody selling them then they may be that person who could help but I am not aware of anybody else selling them through this forum. I think there was a guy as well as Phil selling them via the Secrets board but as I have not been on that board for almost a year it may not be the current situation.

The only thing I can suggest is that you can attach the box via USB to a PC and access the data that way, not sure if there is a reformat capability but you can see all the files etc but no doubt some of those come with the box so be steady there. A professional advisory would be good here if anybody has the info that would help you. Me, I just have a dead box and looking for another that is already loaded with apps similar to how Phil offered them for sale.

Phil has been a great help but there is not much that he can do when the box is physically dead as a bloody dodo, we think mine is a processor problem as I see nothing on boot up despite there being power to the box..

ive bought it off phil and reccomended many friends to get same from him, but cant contact him saw his lady a few weeks ago but she was going home she said ,now no answer on phone  and she has gone from bungalow now got a for rent/sale sign on it

1 hour ago, valkyrie said:

ive bought it off phil and reccomended many friends to get same from him, but cant contact him saw his lady a few weeks ago but she was going home she said ,now no answer on phone  and she has gone from bungalow now got a for rent/sale sign on it

Phil is in the UK, he no longer is selling the boxes and don't believe anybody took on his business.  He is still supporting boxes he sold but only via his support forum and remotely if he can gain access to the box. I know Phil is up to his eyeballs in new work contracts, dealing with his new house and keeping Puang smiling so his time frames are limited in support of the existing boxes online (understandably).

6 hours ago, valkyrie said:

shes in england mate .