Latest News
  • *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Pattaya to Hua Hin Ferry Ready to Go

Remember many moons ago, near the end of my Navy days taking the ferry from St Malo to Portsmouth with ex french gf.  That's an overnight 7 or 8 hours sailing.

Got on board, head for the bar for a few beers with some lorry drivers (yes, those were the days....) .  Ferry leaving St Malo, I could see it was gonna be a rough ride. 

G/F scared and half sick, most of the people sick.  Me grabbing my bag and coat, looked for a quiet corner, used the bag as pillow and the coat as blanket.... g/f asking me "what you're doing , we have 1st class inclinable seats ?"  

Me "no way you will be able to sleep in those" Best is on the floor. When weather is shite like this, just try grab a bit of sleep.  Anyway if anything happens, no way one can swim and survive more then 3 minutes in water like that.  Woke up several hours later when arriving in Porthsmouth , not 100% fresh but still better looking then most of the passengers.

Young days......

I believe for the time being the ferry is cancelled. 

I hear there were an awful lot of sea sickness problems. I've never actually thrown up on a boat/ship but used a lot of fairly fast moving catamaran ferries between islands on the Norwegian coast and they do turn the old stomach when the sea isn't calm. 

31 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I believe for the time being the ferry is cancelled. 

I hear there were an awful lot of sea sickness problems. I've never actually thrown up on a boat/ship but used a lot of fairly fast moving catamaran ferries between islands on the Norwegian coast and they do turn the old stomach when the sea isn't calm. 

This is when the sea is getting fun.   In the old days, at least with that weather there will be no submarine attack exercise.......

And we still had wine at the cantin !