Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Buckfast

Buying a used pickup in Thailand

i got a used ford ranger high raider 2500cc 340.00 year of the model was 2010, i got it in March 2014.

Sold it in April 2016 for 320.00 with 4 months insurance.

All in all a great truck and not at all expensive for part and service from Ford.

Paid for 2 services new pads and rear shocks..

I'd easily buy another as it felt safe and it was great for driving around Thailand and heading up to Udon which we did many times hitting 120 to 140 KPH at 1600 to 2000 baht per round trip depending on the 140 KPH

This was a long wheel base short cab ( smart cab ) which allowed us to put two bikes on the back and still close the tail gate which you will get a fine if your tailgate is down on the toll way...

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Did you buy off an individual or a used car lot?

From a used car lot in Bangkok and easy to beat them down on price as they have hyper markets for used cars with not many customers.

Around here in Bangkok:-

Screenshot at Feb 22 17-40-07.png

I think you have a service called parkers in the UK it's like Kelley blue book in the USA for used car values. Guess such a thing doesn't exist in Thailand and you need to just shop around?

Compare the milage to the wear inside and look for over spray on any rubbers, ask for the service card and call the company to check the service records.

Any car sold in BKK mainly will be on BKK plates so you will need to take the car to register the new owner then request a moment from bangkok mo chit transport office then after 2 weeks take the car to your local transport office and register with new plates for your province,.

19'000 full cover with AAA then you get 10% of if you don't have a claim but you MUST ask them for this .... cheating sods..

Just now, lanzalad said:

19'000 full cover with AAA then you get 10% of if you don't have a claim but you MUST ask them for this .... cheating sods..

Per year?

Bought a Chevrolet Colorado Z71 brand new from the showroom in 2004 for around 820000bht, sold it for 250000bht last November with only 60000kms on it.

:)

13 hours ago, lanzalad said:

From a used car lot in Bangkok and easy to beat them down on price as they have hyper markets for used cars with not many customers.

Around here in Bangkok:-

Screenshot at Feb 22 17-40-07.png

Useful info mate, cheers. 

my insurance on my 3 litre auto chevrolet colorado has never been higher than 12,000 b a year .

First year was free on my Toyota 2.5 Turbo Hilux Sportivo, 2nd year was 18500 baht and this year I have just paid 16965 baht which I consider a good deal. I have been offered better deals but have been happy with the service I have received. My insurance is with Toyota's insurance company which probably makes it more expensive but as it has been seamless and headache free I am ok with that.

Got to admit I am surprised with Phil's 19,000 as my pick up cost 880,000 baht new after a 53,000 discount.