Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Gulf Air

They do come up quite frequently at that price for Gulf Air Business Class but sometimes have a long layover in Bahrain. Sure you can find a transit hotel at the airport for a sleep for a few hours or use the comfy business lounge. In August, I've got a 8 hour layover flying with Swissair to BKK via Zurich and have booked a transit hotel day room inside the airport for 6 hours. 

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, lanzalad said:

Thats a cracking price for business mate.

Yup, and with the new 787-9s  to and from Heathrow even better. Been reading reviews of the new Apex suite seats and they are rated the second best available after Qatar's new Qsuites. Japan, Korean and Oman have already installed some on new aircraft.

On board service is top class. Lounges at Heathrow and Bahrain really good. The only downside is crappy lounge in BKK and seats to and from Bangkok. Even then the seats aren't that bad. They are wide and comfortable, just don't become completely 180 degree lie flat. I think they are 170 degree.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, thai spice said:

Aren't they  a "dry" airline ? No alcohol on.board ?

that's me out,my holiday starts when im at the airport.a few sherbets and I sleep like a log.

• Thumbs up 1

6 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Yup, and with the new 787-9s  to and from Heathrow even better. Been reading reviews of the new Apex suite seats and they are rated the second best available after Qatar's new Qsuites. Japan, Korean and Oman have already installed some on new aircraft.

On board service is top class. Lounges at Heathrow and Bahrain really good. The only downside is crappy lounge in BKK and seats to and from Bangkok. Even then the seats aren't that bad. They are wide and comfortable, just don't become completely 180 degree lie flat. I think they are 170 degree.

I will have a look at that for a £1100 it’s a tickle...

53 minutes ago, matthewh said:

that's me out,my holiday starts when im at the airport.a few sherbets and I sleep like a log.

Same, no drinks on board is a NONO for me.

1 hour ago, Parky said:

I will have a look at that for a £1100 it’s a tickle...

When I read the above I'm thinking it's usually a bit more expensive flying from Bangkok though. But I did a little search and as I know it's cheap from the UK in September checked around then and came up with this...

170366DD-80BE-42E6-BFED-FEC56FD624D6.png

Even cheaper!

They have tickets over Christmas at low prices too. I did this search for a mate...

BD7412C1-5467-4D20-8608-B11B92993584.png

Edited by thinkingallowed
  • Thumbs up 1

Unreal ?? 

I checked my 7 month trip was £1560 BA was £1860

Looks like I am the New Plaza’s finest in parasite class 😎🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matthewh said:

10 hours ago, thai spice said:

Same, no drinks on board is a NONO for me.

Gulf Air ARE NOT a dry airline!!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

ok thanks for the clarification mate.

• Thumbs up 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, firth1974 said:

That's what I thought. Flew only economy with them before and sure had beers on the plane. Kuwait airlines is definitely dry though.

Think with Gulf Air they don't serve wines from what I have read up but beers are served.

Edited by cheetzie

2 hours ago, cheetzie said:

That's what I thought. Flew only economy with them before and sure had beers on the plane. Kuwait airlines is definitely dry though.

Think with Gulf Air they don't serve wines from what I have read up but beers are served.

No wine ?  No aperitif either I suppose ? 

If so, => Banned !