Jump to content
Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Gulf Air

Recommended Posts

They do come up quite frequently at that price for Gulf Air Business Class but sometimes have a long layover in Bahrain. Sure you can find a transit hotel at the airport for a sleep for a few hours or use the comfy business lounge. In August, I've got a 8 hour layover flying with Swissair to BKK via Zurich and have booked a transit hotel day room inside the airport for 6 hours. 

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lanzalad said:

Thats a cracking price for business mate.

Yup, and with the new 787-9s  to and from Heathrow even better. Been reading reviews of the new Apex suite seats and they are rated the second best available after Qatar's new Qsuites. Japan, Korean and Oman have already installed some on new aircraft.

On board service is top class. Lounges at Heathrow and Bahrain really good. The only downside is crappy lounge in BKK and seats to and from Bangkok. Even then the seats aren't that bad. They are wide and comfortable, just don't become completely 180 degree lie flat. I think they are 170 degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, thai spice said:

Aren't they  a "dry" airline ? No alcohol on.board ?

that's me out,my holiday starts when im at the airport.a few sherbets and I sleep like a log.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Yup, and with the new 787-9s  to and from Heathrow even better. Been reading reviews of the new Apex suite seats and they are rated the second best available after Qatar's new Qsuites. Japan, Korean and Oman have already installed some on new aircraft.

On board service is top class. Lounges at Heathrow and Bahrain really good. The only downside is crappy lounge in BKK and seats to and from Bangkok. Even then the seats aren't that bad. They are wide and comfortable, just don't become completely 180 degree lie flat. I think they are 170 degree.

I will have a look at that for a £1100 it’s a tickle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, matthewh said:

that's me out,my holiday starts when im at the airport.a few sherbets and I sleep like a log.

Same, no drinks on board is a NONO for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parky said:

I will have a look at that for a £1100 it’s a tickle...

When I read the above I'm thinking it's usually a bit more expensive flying from Bangkok though. But I did a little search and as I know it's cheap from the UK in September checked around then and came up with this...

 

170366DD-80BE-42E6-BFED-FEC56FD624D6.png

 

Even cheaper!

They have tickets over Christmas at low prices too. I did this search for a mate...

BD7412C1-5467-4D20-8608-B11B92993584.png

Edited by thinkingallowed
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unreal ?? 

I checked my 7 month trip was £1560 BA was £1860

Looks like I am the New Plaza’s finest in parasite class 😎🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, matthewh said:

that's me out,my holiday starts when im at the airport.a few sherbets and I sleep like a log.

 

10 hours ago, thai spice said:

Same, no drinks on board is a NONO for me.

Gulf Air ARE NOT a dry airline!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

 

Gulf Air ARE NOT a dry airline!!!!

ok thanks for the clarification mate.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, firth1974 said:

 

Gulf Air ARE NOT a dry airline!!!!

That's what I thought. Flew only economy with them before and sure had beers on the plane. Kuwait airlines is definitely dry though.

 

Think with Gulf Air they don't serve wines from what I have read up but beers are served.

Edited by cheetzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cheetzie said:

That's what I thought. Flew only economy with them before and sure had beers on the plane. Kuwait airlines is definitely dry though.

 

Think with Gulf Air they don't serve wines from what I have read up but beers are served.

No wine ?  No aperitif either I suppose ? 

If so, => Banned !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×