Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

Where's good value at the moment?

Well I'm just back from Thailand but back  in four weeks time and will need a hotel for the weekend in Pattaya. Anyone know a reasonable quality hotel that is doing a good deal at the moment? 

One place I'm tempted by is Sabai Empress* who are doing rooms for 1000 baht, no breakfast,  which is a steal. I've stayed there before and it's a nice hotel but the location is just a bit out of my preferred area. 

*Second Rd, top of Soi 1

Just hired a car in UK, 13 days got it for £235 ..full CWD 

Siam Siam do a seafood buffet fee flow red wine,,, 1000 baht thats a steal...

Regards Penny Pinching Parky 

54 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Well I'm just back from Thailand but back  in four weeks time and will need a hotel for the weekend in Pattaya. Anyone know a reasonable quality hotel that is doing a good deal at the moment? 

One place I'm tempted by is Sabai Empress* who are doing rooms for 1000 baht, no breakfast,  which is a steal. I've stayed there before and it's a nice hotel but the location is just a bit out of my preferred area. 

*Second Rd, top of Soi 1

That is excellent for 1k, think I'd snap that up, I stayed there last time too....

edit.....sorry was thinking of LK Empress. But I have still stayed there, think 1k is only a touch below their normal rate, still decent though...

6 hours ago, mulphy said:

lk president doing great rates .

And a very nice hotel it is. 

Just a ballache to cross 3rd road at times. 

always stay at the dynasty soi 13 if im not on a package deal.been staying there for years and never been disappointed.

Do you need/want parking, pool, breakfast etc.   Can make a difference to what would be recommended.

42 minutes ago, kwa said:

Do you need/want parking, pool, breakfast etc.   Can make a difference to what would be recommended.

Good questions. 

Definitely don't need parking. I like to have a pool but often don't use it. If they serve a good breakfast it is a bonus but not a deal breaker. 

On a baht bus route is necessary. So. Beach Rd, Second Rd or Buakhao area. 

Wouldn't be happy if there was no free WiFi. 

12 hours ago, Parky said:

Just hired a car in UK, 13 days got it for £235 ..full CWD 

Siam Siam do a seafood buffet fee flow red wine,,, 1000 baht thats a steal...

Regards Penny Pinching Parky 

so do the dusit on Saturday.1400 .free flowing booze of your choice is 500 extra.best meal ive ever had.

penny pinching matt

6 minutes ago, matthewh said:

so do the dusit on Saturday.1400 .free flowing booze of your choice is 500 extra.best meal ive ever had.

penny pinching matt

Did the Hilton Friday night buffet with free flow wine before meeting lots of lovely people in the Rockhouse in January and ripped the arse out of it. A massive amount of double Sangsom and sodas later Mrs Thinkingallowed had to take me back to the hotel in a mess. Alcoholic poisoning is the only term that could describe my state the next day. 

• Like 3

Just now, thinkingallowed said:

Did the Hilton Friday night buffet with free flow wine before meeting lots of lovely people in the Rockhouse in January and ripped the arse out of it. A massive amount of double Sangsom and sodas later Mrs Thinkingallowed had to take me back to the hotel in a mess. Alcoholic poisoning is the only term that could describe my state the next day. 

seriously mate its the best spread ive ever had.i paid 500 to drink singha all night.believe me I had my moneys worth and didn't leave the hotel that night.

13 minutes ago, matthewh said:

seriously mate its the best spread ive ever had.i paid 500 to drink singha all night.believe me I had my moneys worth and didn't leave the hotel that night.

Get your monies worth? I drank so much I thought they were going to cut their losses and just ask me to stop and leave without paying. Messy mate, very messy. 

• Like 1

Just now, thinkingallowed said:

Get your monies worth? I drank so much I thought they were going to cut their losses and just ask me to stop and leave without paying. Messy mate, very messy. 

same as that.its a good deal really and a nice evening.