Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

EVA Air emergency exit row

17 minutes ago, kwa said:

My technique, although not with Eva, is to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before airport check in opens.  There may well be a queue of like minded people looking to bag an exit row seat, so ignore the check in queues and go to the ticket desk where hopefully there's no-one waiting. Ask the staff there for your preferred seat and Bob's your uncle.  You've just jumped the queue.

Not sure if it is still the same with EVA but the last time I flew from Heathrow * with them I'd got an upgrade to Elite class using miles. There was £70 taxes to pay and when I went to check in they said the desk to pay wasn't open for another hour. So I told them that the slight upgrade in the flight was about to be nullified by hanging around to pay them money so I might as well forget it and just head for the, paid for, business lounge and get drunk. Miraculously they found someone to take the cash. 

Maybe six years ago.