Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Happy Falang

projects set to transform Pattaya!

Guest Happy Falang

Twenty billion baht tram projects set to transform Pattaya!

imageproxy_php.thumb.jpeg.4d078db38ea3589082c0a3af9f234bf4.jpeg

Image: Pattaya Watchdog Group

PATTAYA: -- Two tram lines are "coming for sure" and are set to transform Pattaya, said a watchdog group on Facebook.

Pattaya Watchdog posted a map of the Red and Blue lines that will go in loops around the beach and roads behind respectively.

Phase 1 is the Red Line for which there is a budget of 8 billion baht for a planned 8 kilometer loop. This will go from North Pattaya along the beach and back again on Sai 2 road.

The other project is the Blue Line that will share some track in North Pattaya before traversing a more inland route.

The watchdog group said there was still some confusion as to the exact route the Blue Line it might take as the projects are still in the planning stage. The Blue Line is set to be built later with a 12 billion baht budget.

A total of 103 million baht is being spent on "design" for the two lines.

The existing roads will be used for the trams after earlier ideas for an above ground project were rejected, said the watchdog.

A "switch station" to connect the two lines will be constructed in North Pattaya enabling transfers from one to the other.

Parking will be available in a lot at the start of the route.

The group said that the tram was the most eagerly anticipated addition to Pattaya in a swathe of infrastructure plans for the resort that include improvements to the Bali Hai and Koh Larn ports, roads to Rayong and Sattahip and drainage within the city.

They said that the tram was still in the planning stage but was coming for sure.

Source: Pattaya Watchdog Group

24 minutes ago, Rahovart said:

Throwing trams into the already congested mess is certainly an adventurous concept.

Buy your own tram, easy terms :laugh:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parky said:

Will be interesting ,

Remember the bus lines ?

Even if I lived till 100 y old, no way I will see this happen.....  OK, give it 150 !

But for sure another "consultant" got a good fee for this sketch !

transport and flooding are beyond repair.you cant quickly correct things that have been wrong for years.so I guess nothing will change.

14 minutes ago, matthewh said:

transport and flooding are beyond repair.you cant quickly correct things that have been wrong for years.so I guess nothing will change.

Underpass almost built mate.. already the sukumvit is way way easier...

Just now, Parky said:

Underpass almost built mate.. already the sukumvit is way way easier...

glad to hear that,what about the sois.?.I really hope that underpass is a safe place to travel in the rains.maybe it will be shut some days with water pumps

whats the latest on the  avenue,shame the new shopping centre has emptied it.had some goodnights when it first opened,music etc.as a longterm customer of the dynasty.i remember before the avenue was built,believe me it was better.

33 minutes ago, matthewh said:

glad to hear that,what about the sois.?.I really hope that underpass is a safe place to travel in the rains.maybe it will be shut some days with water pumps

Same as North Circular , I remember twice water up to cars windows stranded... flash floods.. no one beats nature..

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.UK/news/13628005.display/

Still not safe there mate,,,, I saw it in 2008 and 2009...

Broken Britain..

• Like 1

Just now, Parky said:

Same as North Circular , I remember twice water up to cars windows stranded... flash floods.. no one beats nature..

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.UK/news/13628005.display/

Still not safe there mate,,,, I saw it in 2008 and 2009...

Broken Britain..

im not slating Thailand or the UK,but I wouldn't like to drive in a tunnel in Thailand when there are rains,obviously the pathway on the beach gets washed away.just my view."i would never enter a thai tunnel"

43 minutes ago, matthewh said:

im not slating Thailand or the UK,but I wouldn't like to drive in a tunnel in Thailand when there are rains,obviously the pathway on the beach gets washed away.just my view."i would never enter a thai tunnel"

Many of the big city's have them, their Sky train is way better than the London Underground,, we don't even have aircon..

Broken Britain ... heading further down the pan...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

I'll slate em, lol 

I wouldn't trust that tunnel in Pattaya because they are clueless. The only winners there are the ones who got or are getting bungs.

:)

3 hours ago, matthewh said:

Sukhumvit road will have to be under 10ft of water for that tunnel to flood.

• Like 1

Got to say that when I was driving out of Pattaya last Sunday the tunnel did look rather impressive.

I think it will have a big benefit for road users in that area.

Just now, Rahovart said:

Sukhumvit road will have to be under 10ft of water for that tunnel to flood.

glad to hear that mate and thanks for the clarification.

4 hours ago, The Tongue said:

Got to say that when I was driving out of Pattaya last Sunday the tunnel did look rather impressive.

I think it will have a big benefit for road users in that area.

It's the same as the one in KK 

53 minutes ago, Parky said:

It's the same as the one in KK 

The one in KK has been painted in marigold, ugly and plain. The one in Pattaya looks bright and welcoming with interesting landscaping above ground.

When does it open?

8 hours ago, matthewh said:

But you will enter a Thai elevator. 

11 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

The one in KK has been painted in marigold, ugly and plain. The one in Pattaya looks bright and welcoming with interesting landscaping above ground.

When does it open?

I believe it was supposed to open in February.

5 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Oh, Ok. Behind schedule then

And when I was there in April the planned opening was hoped to be 1st May 2017. Did not happen.

8 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Oh, Ok. Behind schedule then

TIT bit like a Thai saying they will meet you at 1pm and turning up at 2pm, it was close enough.