Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Murchie

Neymar The £200 Million Player

2 hours ago, Andrew19 said:

Well Chelsea used to play in front of 10000 fans 35 years ago. Nowadays pretty much every game is sold out. 35 years ago no games were played on TV, nowadays millions watch the games on TV or through the internet. 

Sure you might not be able to afford going to the ground but this doesn't mean that you don't get to see a lot more football than you used to. 

By the way last time I checked you were a Celtic fan. You could have bought a season ticket and it would have been less than 1000 baht per game. Or you could get a Thai hooker instead and you probably did that.

Have been to plenty of games, well only been to an EPL game once, but that being said I'm not living in the UK. Have been to 2 Champions League finals as well but only one involved an English team :laugh:

Working class people might not be able to afford watching Arsenal but can afford to watch AFC Hayes. 

Players keep on playing for as long their teams keep them. If the teams don't want to keep them playing it's the bench or the door for them. John Terry was on the bench and then shown the door. 

Kante won the player of the year because fans understand his contribution to the team. In years past it would only be the guys who scored goals that got all the plaudits. The Arsenal team failed to challenge the EPL title when Patrick Vieira left the team, yet the guy who was considered to be their legend was Thierry Henry who scored the goals. 

I guess 35 years ago people would say that no average player costs one million pounds. Prices have gone up. 

35 years ago they played in front of crowds of 9000 ... Kante and the fans 555.. the Fans don't get a vote the players vote ..

I can afford to go  the games , but I would not pay that.. its called choice,  there is lots I dislike  about the game these days ... Its tragic that local  kids and many  families  are priced  out ..

Anyone who knows anything about football knows what  Vieira did re Henry , Henry was a talent but a bottle job when push came to shove , seen in various cup finals ... Of which I saw ..Also the big money came pouring  in with Chelsea and City ,,,,  

Trevor Francis was a million pounds  40 years ago ... 

I have been to games in 60s,  70s , 80s, 90s, 2000s...  Seen all sorts of  changes ,,,, you stick to Wikipedia .. 

2 hours ago, Andrew19 said:

Well it's your choice to be living in Thailand and watching Celtic games on the screen. 

But you're one of the millions of Celtic fans around the world who wouldn't have been able to watch any Celtic games in the past. Yet you claim that "the game is lost to the public". 

well ive tried to explain to you that even if i lived at home i wouldnt be able to follow celtic to every game home and away all season like a true supporter does , so if that doesnt make it lost to the public i dont know what does .

On 05/08/2017 at 2:06 AM, flog said:

It's become obscene the money. And people whinge about bankers. What about the agents taking their cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol not sure who is the worst, bankers or lawyers? At least footy players entertain .... sometimes.

Bankers or lawyers are modern day versions of Dick Turpin, at least he had the decency to wearr a mask.

Edited by som nam na

8 hours ago, som nam na said:

Lol not sure who is the worst, bankers or lawyers? At least footy players entertain .... sometimes.

Bankers or lawyers are modern day versions of Dick Turpin, at least he had the decency to wearr a mask.

You might enjoy this series.

20 hours ago, Parky said:

Trevor Francis was a million pounds  40 years ago ... 

I have been to games in 60s,  70s , 80s, 90s, 2000s...  Seen all sorts of  changes ,,,, you stick to Wikipedia .. 

Well I wasn't born back then...

You might dislike a lot of things about today's game, yet more people are in the stadium now than they used to be back then. Sure a stadium would only have a 50K-60K or so capacity, so a lot of fans are missing out. 

19 hours ago, mulphy said:

well ive tried to explain to you that even if i lived at home i wouldnt be able to follow celtic to every game home and away all season like a true supporter does , so if that doesnt make it lost to the public i dont know what does .

Going to every home and away game all season? Well I don't think a working class guy could afford that in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s. Travelling was way more expensive back then. 

A cheap season ticket for Celtic is something like, oh your season tickets are sold out so you'd probably be missing out :p.They were going for 466 pounds, have no idea if they included cup games as well, but it would have been something like 1000 baht per game. But you could get a woman for that :laugh:

But I guess for both of you a fan is only someone who is watching the games live in the stadium. Not someone who watches the game on the telly, because there were no games in the telly back then. 

1 hour ago, Andrew19 said:

You might dislike a lot of things about today's game, yet more people are in the stadium now than they used to be back then. Sure a stadium would only have a 50K-60K or so capacity, so a lot of fans are missing out. 

Going to every home and away game all season? Well I don't think a working class guy could afford that in the 60s 70s 80s or 90s. Travelling was way more expensive back then. 

A cheap season ticket for Celtic is something like, oh your season tickets are sold out so you'd probably be missing out :p.They were going for 466 pounds, have no idea if they included cup games as well, but it would have been something like 1000 baht per game. But you could get a woman for that :laugh:

But I guess for both of you a fan is only someone who is watching the games live in the stadium. Not someone who watches the game on the telly, because there were no games in the telly back then. 

when i lived in scotland i didnt miss a game home or away .

celtic have a large travelling support .

that was late 70's , 80;s and 90's .

4 minutes ago, mulphy said:

when i lived in scotland i didnt miss a game home or away .

celtic have a large travelling support .

that was late 70's , 80;s and 90's .

Celtic still have a large support in away games.

Don't know how you could afford going overseas in European midweek games on a working man's salary. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew19 said:

Celtic still have a large support in away games.

Don't know how you could afford going overseas in European midweek games on a working man's salary. 

didnt get to every european game away but got to some , didnt miss a domestic game though .

if i lived in scotland nowadays with same disposible income i would nt miss any european games though .

22 hours ago, Buckfast said:

You might enjoy this series

Yes seen both series and enjoyed watching them. The scene at the marina when Ax  told Taylor his boat is too big for this dipshit marina is f**king classic. ... right up there with the nothing and everything quote in Kingdom of Heaven.

15 hours ago, Andrew19 said:

A fan is a person who goes to the games or has been to games , people sitting in their armchair watching games saying they support Real Madrid and have never been to Spain, is crazy...

I see guys of 60 getting Chelsea tattoos .... Yet ask them to name the 1970 Cup final side their face goes blank, the irony is people with a knowledge of football see straight through it...

But sure a person can say they are a fan , as a person can show you a picture of a Thai girl on their phone and say ' My girlfriend in Thailand , she never worked in a bar ' at least the guy doing that sends money so is 'Supporting ' a supporter is just that a contributor, hence paying to get in .. buying programmes and cheering them on...

If in ones lifetime they have never done that how are they supporters,, they never supported....But self delusion seems to be a new currency and telling lies the new truth...

Edited by Parky

3 hours ago, Parky said:

A fan is a person who goes to the games or has been to games , people sitting in their armchair watching games saying they support Real Madrid and have never been to Spain, is crazy...

I see guys of 60 getting Chelsea tattoos .... Yet ask them to name the 1970 Cup final side their face goes blank, the irony is people with a knowledge of football see straight through it...

But sure a person can say they are a fan , as a person can show you a picture of a Thai girl on their phone and say ' My girlfriend in Thailand , she never worked in a bar ' at least the guy doing that sends money so is 'Supporting ' a supporter is just that a contributor, hence paying to get in .. buying programmes and cheering them on...

If in ones lifetime they have never done that how are they supporters,, they never supported....But self delusion seems to be a new currency and telling lies the new truth...

Well I'll state the obvious here. Lots of fans who regularly visit the stadium have the memory span of a goldfish, so they might not be able to remember the starting eleven in the game they had just been attending. Let's say they aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. 

People from a country like Australia, can't be fans according to you. For us a football trip to Europe is something like an once in a lifetime experience and we'd have to save a lot of money to go to a Champions League final. I guess we can never be football fans according to you. Do we support our teams? Well, we're paying for payTV to watch our team and we get to buy merchandise every now and then. Oh, by the way the "couch fans" are collectively supporting their team a lot more than "real fans", the bulk of an EPL club's income is their TV income, not their matchday income.  

In the end of the day today's football is way different than the football you grew up with. 

48 minutes ago, Andrew19 said:

Well I'll state the obvious here. Lots of fans who regularly visit the stadium have the memory span of a goldfish, so they might not be able to remember the starting eleven in the game they had just been attending. Let's say they aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. 

People from a country like Australia, can't be fans according to you. For us a football trip to Europe is something like an once in a lifetime experience and we'd have to save a lot of money to go to a Champions League final. I guess we can never be football fans according to you. Do we support our teams? Well, we're paying for payTV to watch our team and we get to buy merchandise every now and then. Oh, by the way the "couch fans" are collectively supporting their team a lot more than "real fans", the bulk of an EPL club's income is their TV income, not their matchday income.  

In the end of the day today's football is way different than the football you grew up with. 

That's correct , if you have never been to the ground no way are you a fan , armchair fans are not fans , simple as that .. collectively they watch a tv ?  well they are voyeurs  .. I guess it's good for them as they can change teams each year 555

48 minutes ago, Parky said:

That's correct , if you have never been to the ground no way are you a fan , armchair fans are not fans , simple as that .. collectively they watch a tv ?  well they are voyeurs  .. I guess it's good for them as they can change teams each year 555

See a lot of cars in Kuwait with Real Madrid or Barcelona stickers, wonder how long it will take me to spot a PSG sticker.

Have to say one of the things I miss is going to the football, can't beat a day out at the football with your mates.

• Thumbs up 1

7 minutes ago, Murchie said:

See a lot of cars in Kuwait with Real Madrid or Barcelona stickers, wonder how long it will take me to spot a PSG sticker.

Have to say one of the things I miss is going to the football, can't beat a day out at the football with your mates.

Sure that's football mate ?