Latest News
  • *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Buckfast

iPhone X

Nope. stil have my Samsung S4, but picture quality is poor, so I'll probably buy some other before going for the jungle..... But 2,000 / 2,500 HKD is the limit....

Not about the money....but I can't see the point of putting 1000 GBP in a fecking phone....

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Around £1000 anyone going to lump on when released?

I think they will have an initial flurry of idiots buying at that price but demand will not substain. Future hindsight will show this to be a defining moment in the slow demise of Apple.

Wall Street wasn't impressed with release of IP X yesterday. Apple has not had any real innovation since Cook the accountant took over. Don't get me wrong, he is brilliant in his own right and lord knows a guy like Jobs needed an accountant as right hand, but he is not the innovative cultural visionary that Jobs was. I would look for them to be subleasing some of that humongous new headquarters within 2 years. The era of Apple is coming to an end. Lump off!

``

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Around £1000 anyone going to lump on when released?

Haha, remembers me 3 years ago, bought my love a Samsung thing, worth about 2 K HKD...

Off to the regular we go, and there is your standard LDOP with his 12h g/f , she unpacking a bloody IPhone he just bought her.......

Speak about me looking like a Cheap Charlie with the 2 K Samsung.....

Hahaha....... No, I did not jump off the 16th floor about it.......

Had I been single I would have picked her up and called him on DAS IPhone to tell him how good she was for the BJ..... Maybe do a Video cal as well..... 

I just got my self an iPhone 4 and more than happy with it..

My iPhone 4 packed in last week after been in service for 7 years ... now thats what you call a money well spent.

I thought they had been around longer than 10 years. And no, I have no interest in smart phones anymore so I won't  be investing in one. 

Nope, but I might use the excuse to get hold of a good priced reconditioned 6s.....

Edited by aw1

8 hours ago, thai spice said:

Nope. stil have my Samsung S4, but picture quality is poor, so I'll probably buy some other before going for the jungle..... But 2,000 / 2,500 HKD is the limit....

Not about the money....but I can't see the point of putting 1000 GBP in a fecking phone....

I have the same phone, the S4, and yes the picture quality is not great. 

Maybe a new phone next April/May but I doubt it will be an Iphone. Even a new S9 will probably be a bit too much.

Any tech gadget will be dated in over a year due to competition. But the world is full of people who must have the latest gadget at any cost.

21 minutes ago, john42 said:

Any tech gadget will be dated in over a year due to competition. But the world is full of people who must have the latest gadget at any cost.

It's impossible to keep up,  iPhone X has just been released but already Apple and other manufacturers will be fine tuning the next one.

14 hours ago, davethailand said:

Not into Apple at all but anyone that spends a grand on a phone is an idiot.

:)

that's a bit harsh, my iPhone 7 plus is a great bit of kit, i can do most of the things i need to out and about, rather than being tied to a computer at home.....

• Thumbs up 1

2 hours ago, Murchie said:

It's impossible to keep up,  iPhone X has just been released but already Apple and other manufacturers will be fine tuning the next one.

I think that they are near the top of possibilities for mobiles right now. 

What actually is ground breaking with the IPhone X? Nothing I can think of. Facial recognition? How is that better than touch recognition? Are fingerprints not unique enough? How do you discretely switch on your phone under a desk/table to check it now you have to look at it? 

This isn't an anti Apple thing Android phones are the same. 

that's a bit harsh, my iPhone 7 plus is a great bit of kit, i can do most of the things i need to out and about, rather than being tied to a computer at home.....
Same with my Samsung but I wouldn't pay a grand.
[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thumbs up 1

11 hours ago, lanzalad said:

I just got my self an iPhone 4 and more than happy with it..

My iPhone 4 packed in last week after been in service for 7 years ... now thats what you call a money well spent.

I'm similar ... I just moved to an iPhone 5c last year and I treated myself to an iPhone 5s recently. You can buy them all day long on eBay for around $100. Batteries can be weak but it's small beer compared to the significant savings. What Apple doesn't advertise is they will replace batteries at designated repair/refurbish centers for $75 - 100 but when you can get another one for about that price not many bother.

• Thumbs up 1

The bit that i find misleading is wireless charging. Effectively the phone Apple or Samsung, has to sit on a pod, but you have to plug the pod in somewhere ) Wireless charging should mean phone sits in your pocket / on your desk, and you switch it on to wireless charge mode. It is then taking charge from the nearest power source. or sources available.

1 hour ago, Paul Chonburi said:

The bit that i find misleading is wireless charging. Effectively the phone Apple or Samsung, has to sit on a pod, but you have to plug the pod in somewhere ) Wireless charging should mean phone sits in your pocket / on your desk, and you switch it on to wireless charge mode. It is then taking charge from the nearest power source. or sources available.

Yes I agree if it's in a pod that's attached to a cable there is an argument it's worse than from a cable... I wonder how much they are in Thailand ?? 

I may buy one just to confirm I am a moron ??????

You can't take it with you , imagine the fun buy one then lose it 4 days later ???

• Thumbs up 1

On September 15, 2560 BE at 10:36 AM, Parky said:

Yes I agree if it's in a pod that's attached to a cable there is an argument it's worse than from a cable... I wonder how much they are in Thailand ?? 

I may buy one just to confirm I am a moron ??????

You can't take it with you , imagine the fun buy one then lose it 4 days later ???

you make a good point about having to carry a pod around too in addition ! Completely unrelated had to google your flag to see it represented (part) of Spain, never seen one of those before.

1 hour ago, Paul Chonburi said:

you make a good point about having to carry a pod around too in addition ! Completely unrelated had to google your flag to see it represented (part) of Spain, never seen one of those before.

Just carry the cable, plug it into your phone and hay presto it's charging. Wireless charger is handy though, just put the phone on it and your set. 

images.jpg

Smart.phones are handy indeed but no way I would 1000 quid in one...

The old S4 still allows me to do my banking, stock market operations, whatsapp , Line , weather bulletin, and a few other things...

Just bought a 2700 HKD new C5, a bit bigger and better pics. Being retired a bit bigger is ok as I wont be carrying with me 24/7...

Mainly will stay on the table..