Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
The Tongue

UK to relocate Visa Application Centre to New Delhi

Now don't worry the title indicates a long trip to Delhi for the application but according to the link it is only the decision making part that is being relocated. Business as usual if I read it right, still apply via Bangkok and Chiang Mai for the handing in of docs etc during appointment.

https://www.gov.UK/government/news/UK-visa-immigration-to-relocate-visa-application-centres-from-bangkok-to-new-delhi

11 minutes ago, matthewh said:

just seen this on facebook.WTF.??

Just read the actual wording, it doesn't affect application processing, it is just the decision making removed from Bangkok to New Delhi. There will be no delays to turn around times.

1 minute ago, The Tongue said:

Just read the actual wording, it doesn't affect application processing, it is just the decision making removed from Bangkok to New Delhi. There will be no delays to turn around times.

Indians are better in English than thai people and probably work for less. 

14 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Indians are better in English than thai people and probably work for less. 

Nothing wrong with saving a pound or two lol

11 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Nothing wrong with saving a pound or two lol

Rupee is 88 to the £.. lump on

so the Indians now decide or the british embassy in india.goodness grasious me

2 hours ago, matthewh said:

A British person decides Matt.......

3 hours ago, matthewh said:

Dont worry Matth, with your Gold status "Indian food eater" you'll be safe !

2 hours ago, The Tongue said:

A British person decides Matt.......

that is what I thought and hoped.thanks for the clarification,they really have out sourced everything now,while I hasten to add,raising the cost of everything.when I did it it was direct at the embassy.sign of the times I guess.the wrong thing to do in my book.

1 hour ago, thai spice said:

Dont worry Matth, with your Gold status "Indian food eater" you'll be safe !

I do love my indian food and have never been to new dehli.55

44 minutes ago, matthewh said:

that is what I thought and hoped.thanks for the clarification,they really have out sourced everything now,while I hasten to add,raising the cost of everything.when I did it it was direct at the embassy.sign of the times I guess.the wrong thing to do in my book.

When I first saw the advisory I got worried but after reading every word it is indeed another outsourced scenario.  Now they say it won't affect times of turn around etc but only once implemented will it really offer a positive or negative view of the move.

The VFS in Bangkok only do preliminaries before the docs/application gets passed to the embassy staff, I assume now the pertinent docs will be sent electronically and of course the application form has already been filled in online. 

• Like 1

so now every thing is subbed out what do they do.i know they look after british citizens in trouble,in prison etc,but they also do the same in india.i am mystifieid.as parky says"broken Britain"

Edited by matthewh

13 minutes ago, matthewh said:

so now every thing is subbed out what do they do.i know they look after british citizens in trouble,in prison etc,but they also do the same in india.i am mystifieid.as parky says"broken Britain"

It is just the processing of Visas that will be done in New Delhi Matt. Many large banks use services in India for processing accounts which is uploaded and downloaded back and forth and of course more and more large UK businesses are moving their call centres abroad especially to India   It will make no difference to other services, like you say, British in trouble, replacing lost or stolen passports etc

It is possible that it may even speed up the Visa process. We will have to wait and see 

Edited by Uncle Remus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Remus said:

It is just the processing of Visas that will be done in New Delhi Matt. Many large banks use services in India for processing accounts which is uploaded and downloaded back and forth. It will make no difference to other services, like you say, British in trouble, replacing lost or stolen passports etc

It is possible that it may even speed up the Visa process. We will have to wait and see 

indeed we will.the labour is cheaper,but the fees are up.my ears are certainly pricked.the posh hiso embassy in Bangkok is fooked and out of touch of its citizens who pay their wages.

well you did ask..their shit doesn't stink and they want to do fook all for charging maximum.

16 hours ago, matthewh said:

Yes the UK 🇬🇧 has been sold off ... The amount of money going overseas would be alarming ... the ship is sinking🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

All big companies, government, armies tend to more and more outsource things, if not de facto privatise some parts of the job

Hence the numerous call centers in India and the Philipines for example..

Availability of cheap English speaking labour is a big motivation ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

Yes sadly it is Broken Britain 🇬🇧 I am very disappointed with what it’s become , the lack of strategic thinking by our political leaders I find astounding,  the place is being sold off it will go bankrupt,  the NHS in a mess border control appalling , the crime in London going though the roof ...

And the media says ban Trump , it’s like a sketch from the Office...

Seeing the investment in Thailand the last decade or so and the decline of UK at any measure is amazing but as a Brit very sad 😞 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thai spice said:

All big companies, government, armies tend to more and more outsource things, if not de facto privatise some parts of the job

Hence the numerous call centers in India and the Philipines for example..

Availability of cheap English speaking labour is a big motivation ! 

Some of the banks are bringing it back in hose the Indian security has been an issue for some ..

3 minutes ago, Parky said:

Yes the UK 🇬🇧 has been sold off ... The amount of money going overseas would be alarming ... the ship is sinking🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️

Yes, seem to be worse and worse... I just read that during Macron's visit in the UK some UK officials raised the idea of a giant bridge between UK and France... 

I suggest we wait a 100 years to first pay of the Eurotunnel ? 

1 minute ago, Parky said:

Some of the banks are bringing it back in hose the Indian security has been an issue for some ..

Naah Mate, they're moving it to Paris....They blame Brexit, but in fact its just because the Parisian girls are prettier...hahaha

Just now, thai spice said:

Yes, seem to be worse and worse... I just read that during Macron's visit in the UK some UK officials raised the idea of a giant bridge between UK and France... 

I suggest we wait a 100 years to first pay of the Eurotunnel ? 

Yes the UK is declining by the hour , we are borrowing a shed load more , like a ponzi scheme , the level of benefit fraud and health tourist fraud will never be published, nor the crime increase due to overseas scum...

The future of the British people is alarming ... many have head in sand and can’t see it but it’s coming like a rocket 🚀 

1 minute ago, thai spice said:

Naah Mate, they're moving it to Paris....They blame Brexit, but in fact its just because the Parisian girls are prettier...hahaha

You are wrong one of my banks has brought it back to UK 🇬🇧 

Its nothing to with Brexit it’s due to security, there has been lots of fraud ..

If the Paris girls are pretty why are you in a Muslim jungle ?🤣🤣

• Haha 1