Jump to content
Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Irish boy

TravelTrolley

Recommended Posts

Has anyone used them?

They are consistently the cheapest air fare to Bangkok, for direct anyway, which is what I use. Good reviews online as well, lots and lots of them on trust pilot, too many to be 'doctored'. 

Have used a few others before, Netflights, Ebookers etc, no problems. 

Just wondering had anyone used them. 

EVA direct under £500 consistently. 

When paying for 3, it's a bit of a wedge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

Has anyone used them?

They are consistently the cheapest air fare to Bangkok, for direct anyway, which is what I use. Good reviews online as well, lots and lots of them on trust pilot, too many to be 'doctored'. 

Have used a few others before, Netflights, Ebookers etc, no problems. 

Just wondering had anyone used them. 

EVA direct under £500 consistently. 

When paying for 3, it's a bit of a wedge. 

Used them several times mate.No problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a mate has booked with them stanstead to Bangkok in july,he has used them before and they are fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I first saw the name on Mattys ‘fred’ I think - coukd of been the Oman Air one ?? -I will take a look as cheap is good

i use west east travel or netflights normally 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trayvale travel are meant to be good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish boy said:

Has anyone used them?

They are consistently the cheapest air fare to Bangkok, for direct anyway, which is what I use. Good reviews online as well, lots and lots of them on trust pilot, too many to be 'doctored'. 

Have used a few others before, Netflights, Ebookers etc, no problems. 

Just wondering had anyone used them. 

EVA direct under £500 consistently. 

When paying for 3, it's a bit of a wedge. 

Yes i used them last trip and flew Eva for about 480 direct .  Wont fly Eva again though i thought they were shyt .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish boy said:

Has anyone used them?

They are consistently the cheapest air fare to Bangkok, for direct anyway, which is what I use. Good reviews online as well, lots and lots of them on trust pilot, too many to be 'doctored'. 

Have used a few others before, Netflights, Ebookers etc, no problems. 

Just wondering had anyone used them. 

EVA direct under £500 consistently. 

When paying for 3, it's a bit of a wedge. 

Young woman at work  I know just got £450 to Bangkok for Christmas 2018  China Airlines and only one short stopover in Beijing using that American guy who checks out cheap deals.

Stanley or Jack or something ???? .....will post the link Monday when I ask her. Amazing for that time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Al McReady said:

Used them several times mate.No problems.

Cheers, good to hear.

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

a mate has booked with them stanstead to Bangkok in july,he has used them before and they are fine.

 

Thanks Matt

1 hour ago, ajsp9 said:

I first saw the name on Mattys ‘fred’ I think - coukd of been the Oman Air one ?? -I will take a look as cheap is good

i use west east travel or netflights normally 

Used both of them before as well. 

Cheapest I ever got direct was £419 with Westend. 

Though both are about £40pp more at the dates I want, and when buying 3 tickets, it mounts up.

43 minutes ago, Nadia said:

trayvale travel are meant to be good

£45 more than TT for my dates, but cheers anyway.

41 minutes ago, Cat Crumpet said:

Yes i used them last trip and flew Eva for about 480 direct .  Wont fly Eva again though i thought they were shyt .  

Between Thai, BA or EVA, EVA wins every time for me. They're very good with a child as well.

You were probably pissed, running up and down the aisles in your boxers or the like :) 

27 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Young woman at work  I know just got £450 to Bangkok for Christmas 2018  China Airlines and only one short stopover in Beijing using that American guy who checks out cheap deals.

Stanley or Jack or something ???? .....will post the link Monday when I ask her. Amazing for that time of year.

Don't like stopovers anyway, and with a child, less hassle the better, direct all the way.

But yea, if you get the name of who she used, cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes mate used them maybe five times,never had a problem yet ..

Good Luck

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irish boy said:

Has anyone used them?

They are consistently the cheapest air fare to Bangkok, for direct anyway, which is what I use. Good reviews online as well, lots and lots of them on trust pilot, too many to be 'doctored'. 

Have used a few others before, Netflights, Ebookers etc, no problems. 

Just wondering had anyone used them. 

EVA direct under £500 consistently. 

When paying for 3, it's a bit of a wedge. 

Like all these sites they are wonderful until something goes wrong then they usually have very low staff to deal with your problem. Plus high charges for changes on top of the airline ones. Sometimes the airline will let you by pass the website sometimes not, depends on your class of ticket. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Like all these sites they are wonderful until something goes wrong then they usually have very low staff to deal with your problem. Plus high charges for changes on top of the airline ones. Sometimes the airline will let you by pass the website sometimes not, depends on your class of ticket. 

please also bear in mind that these tickets are"restrictive",if you need to change your plans it will cost.ive been caught once,that be ing said ideal for people on fixed dates with adequate insurance,

.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Skyscanner and Travel Trolley usually come out the cheapest.  I have used TT 3 time to book flights and  and very simple and quick to book. 

Edited by Uncle Remus
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest painter

I've used several of the online agents in the past, usually with no problems. However, as above, and changes, and you will struggle. Once had to cancel a trip, and the terms said refund within 90 days...it  was 89 days! Eva direct said refund within 21(I think) and it was with me in 2

Personally these days I'll always book with the airline, even though it often...but not always... costs a little more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate Andy has used TT many times and highly recommends their fares.

He used GETAFLIGHT back in January for a flight on China Airlines to Heathrow to Bangkok for £342 net so it was LHR PEK BKK with 2 hours in Peking, he will be returning back on 5 April via PEK again but with a 9 hour layover.  £342 is good though.

This is a good thread for info as I expect to be using full fares the older I get and with a little one, standby is not always an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked a great deal with Ebookers.com for may . Flying Emirates my favourite airline 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Like all these sites they are wonderful until something goes wrong then they usually have very low staff to deal with your problem. Plus high charges for changes on top of the airline ones. Sometimes the airline will let you by pass the website sometimes not, depends on your class of ticket. 

 

12 hours ago, matthewh said:

please also bear in mind that these tickets are"restrictive",if you need to change your plans it will cost.ive been caught once,that be ing said ideal for people on fixed dates with adequate insurance,

.

 

6 hours ago, painter said:

I've used several of the online agents in the past, usually with no problems. However, as above, and changes, and you will struggle. Once had to cancel a trip, and the terms said refund within 90 days...it  was 89 days! Eva direct said refund within 21(I think) and it was with me in 2

Personally these days I'll always book with the airline, even though it often...but not always... costs a little more.

Yea, due to my wife's Visa situation last trip, I booked direct with EVA, as it was only £50pp for any changes, though we didn't need to change after all. 

That's been sorted now, so I'm probably tempting fate, but don't think we'll change our dates this trip. If it was not too much difference, I'd always book direct with the airline. But paying for 3 is a bit of a wedge, and if I get a good deal on TT or whomever, that's what I'll do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Tongue said:

My mate Andy has used TT many times and highly recommends their fares.

He used GETAFLIGHT back in January for a flight on China Airlines to Heathrow to Bangkok for £342 net so it was LHR PEK BKK with 2 hours in Peking, he will be returning back on 5 April via PEK again but with a 9 hour layover.  £342 is good though.

This is a good thread for info as I expect to be using full fares the older I get and with a little one, standby is not always an option.

Didn't even know you could fly standby. 

Not that's it's an option Now anyway ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish boy said:

Didn't even know you could fly standby. 

Not that's it's an option Now anyway ...

David is a HiSo ex airline employee who rocks up at airports and gets free flights if there are empty seats.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Tongue said:

My mate Andy has used TT many times and highly recommends their fares.

He used GETAFLIGHT back in January for a flight on China Airlines to Heathrow to Bangkok for £342 net so it was LHR PEK BKK with 2 hours in Peking, he will be returning back on 5 April via PEK again but with a 9 hour layover.  £342 is good though.

This is a good thread for info as I expect to be using full fares the older I get and with a little one, standby is not always an option.

 

2 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

David is a HiSo ex airline employee who rocks up at airports and gets free flights if there are empty seats.

Is it like a world wide Aviation Card or something, sounds like the Masons lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish boy said:

 

Is it like a world wide Aviation Card or something, sounds like the Masons lol

You got it in one lol

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 7:05 PM, Irish boy said:

 

But yea, if you get the name of who she used, cheers.

 

Jacks Flight Club                     www.jacksflightclub.co.UK

She reckons its amazing !!?? 

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Jacks Flight Club                     www.jacksflightclub.co.UK

She reckons its amazing !!?? 

I joined a few weeks ago but not sure if it’s fir me. Great idea for a young lad and looks to be doing well. 

I think if your mega flexible it’s great so worth a look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ajsp9 said:

I joined a few weeks ago but not sure if it’s fir me. Great idea for a young lad and looks to be doing well. 

I think if your mega flexible it’s great so worth a look

Yes I looked at that and not a lot of good for people who have fairly fixed destinations and times but if you just fancy going somewhere interesting and cheap then could be a great resource of information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok friends ive read the thread,the emphasis seems to be on traveldolly..some new bargains would be nice to hear about.ive used net flights etc.all they will sell you is a tinpot ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matthewh said:

ok friends ive read the thread,the emphasis seems to be on traveldolly..some new bargains would be nice to hear about.ive used net flights etc.all they will sell you is a tinpot ticket.

Traveldolly lol, was that intentional ...

Tinpot ticket? A ticket in economy is a ticket in economy, mate. As mentioned, If you book direct with the airline you more and cheaper options if you need to change, but the economy seat is the economy seat no matter where booked. 

There are usually flash sales around Easter, probably gonna book then if so. See how much of a difference between a search engine and book direct, though I can't see any date changes. Tempting fate I know ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×