Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

BANGKOK TO PATTAYA IN UNDER AN HOUR

BANGKOK TO PATTAYA IN UNDER AN HOUR ONCE HIGH-SPEED TRAIN ARRIVES

Further information has been released about the high-speed rail line to be built to connect Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports in Bangkok and U-Tapao Airport also known as Pattaya Airport, as part of the governments Easter Economic Corridor expansion plans.

20170830-155054-photmews-696x435.jpg

Officials announced that a trip from Bangkok to U-Tapao will take a very attractive 45 minutes as once out of the city the train will be able to reach a maximum speed of 250 kilometers per hour.

train-hispeed2.jpg

Prices were said to be 330 baht per person.

The train will stop at five places once it departs the capital at stations in Chacherngsao, Chonburi, Sri Racha, Pattaya and U-Tapao.

The project was given the go ahead yesterday at a high-level government meeting.

Source : Sanook

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Saw that the money pouring into the  Eastern sea board is unreal 😎

Flog was telling me about this a couple of months ago, when I was debating selling my Condo as I don't use it now due to won't take the child on a bike.

Told me to hold off, as this and Pattaya getting more 'upmarket' in general (yes I know, but relative to Pattaya) will see property at least hold if not gain in value. 

Yes it’s been on the cards for a long time was put back a good few years ago and now it’s back on track again.

26 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

Flog was telling me about this a couple of months ago, when I was debating selling my Condo as I don't use it now due to won't take the child on a bike.

Told me to hold off, as this and Pattaya getting more 'upmarket' in general (yes I know, but relative to Pattaya) will see property at least hold if not gain in value. 

What ? Never buy here 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

At those speeds the motorbike riders need to keep their wits about them when going around the safety barriers......lol

6 hours ago, lanzalad said:

Yes it’s been on the cards for a long time was put back a good few years ago and now it’s back on track again.

hope it stays on track 330baht is a bargain.

Edited by matthewh

4 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Did it in an hour once but that was driving.

:)

not possible .

its possible from airport to pattaya with a clear road but not possible from bangkok proper .

i guess you are referring to airport to patts .

Just now, mulphy said:

not possible .

its possible from airport to pattaya with a clear road but not possible from bangkok proper .

i guess you are referring to airport to patts .

Nope Don Muang before the new airport, probably 2004, I was in my partners old 300bhp Toyota Celica GT Four, on the expressway I hit about 240kph, it was almost midnight. To be fair it was probably an hour from getting on the expressway.

9 hours ago, Irish boy said:

Glad to hear you are taking business advice from Hi So's

6 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Nope Don Muang before the new airport, probably 2004, I was in my partners old 300bhp Toyota Celica GT Four, on the expressway I hit about 240kph, it was almost midnight. To be fair it was probably an hour from getting on the expressway.

you can hardly do don muang to pattaya today in less than 2 hours .

Just now, mulphy said:

you can hardly do don muang to pattaya today in less than 2 hours .

I agree, this was in the old days when it was a lot quieter and of course at night. I drove to Koh Chang in October and almost got lost on the new roads lol, sod driving to BKK nowdays, used to go often before in earlier years when I lived there.

9 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Glad to hear you are taking business advice from Hi So's

He knows a lot about spreadsheets :laugh:

Guest Madusa

BKK to PTY in an hour is a dawdle in the car if ya got the balls.

Edited by Madusa

3 minutes ago, Madusa said:

BKK to PTY is a dawdle in the car if ya got the balls.

Used to go often when my old partners kids still lived there (early 90's) otherwise only really went if I had to, wife's visa, picking up Mum & Dad from airport etc, over night stays I always chose hotels with parking so I could drive there and dump the motor.  Normally around Sukhumvit. Done it by bike a couple of times.