Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Qatar adds new flights but is it worth it...!

Ok we all know or most of us know Qatar airways have added U-Patao UTP to its destinations list this year but is it all worth it.

I started my search at the beginning of this year when i found out via a Qatar News Letter.. so my first search came up with flight to Doha then onto BKK then on to UTP ....! 

I've now changed my dates so i decided to check again and now via Phuket... I would be better to use the old route and land at BKK and get my taxi to Pattaya or even stay in Bangkok to a few nights.

Screenshot at Apr 11 21-51-53.png

From Qatars website:-

Flight Schedules

Doha (DOH) to Pattaya (UTP) QR828 departs 20:05 arrives 06:30 (next day) - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Pattaya (UTP) to Doha (DOH) QR829 departs 07:50 arrives 11:40 - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

Every date i want to fly comes up with this or via BKK, yes i have seen the odd one for MAN to UTP via DOHA but not many at all... 

Is it worth it..?

I don't do stopovers, can get direct with EVA for under £500, also Thai at present.

Appreciate that's from Heathrow, so added cost for you to get to/back. 

24 minutes ago, Irish boy said:

I don't do stopovers, can get direct with EVA for under £500, also Thai at present.

Appreciate that's from Heathrow, so added cost for you to get to/back. 

Heathrow for me is a pain in the arse due to the time it takes to travel up and down the M1 and M25

Last time i did this it took 6 hours and i did it by train once and it took 9 hours due to flooding... never again.

Done MAN to BKK Via LHW before but the Manchester flight is alway late and its a mad dash to the BKK flight with missing luggage twice..

Manchester is less than an hour away by road or train and i don't mind the overlays.

They only fly in and out on alternative days, except Mondays, so try for arrive and depart on a Monday. 

24 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I wouldn't bother with qatar

Why not, I find their service very good, on a par with Emirates ?

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

Yes I like them a lot but it appears they've upped their prices recently. 

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

Same as - new planes, good IFE, good food, decent French red wine and handy short stopovers. What is not to like?

19 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Same as - new planes, good IFE, good food, decent French red wine and handy short stopovers. What is not to like?

Qatar serve a very nice Spanish Rioja in Business class

Fly BA if you're British. Maybe Thai or EVA also.

Why people would give their money to these national carriers of countries that breed terrorists that run over people over with vans, bomb us and want Sharia law in the UK is beyond me.

Don't you people have any morals? Anything so save a few quid. Wow that's sad.

Shalom 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs up 2

aint Qatar a rogue state even saudia arabia has disowned them

Edited by Nadia

Just now, Nadia said:

aint Qatar a rogue state even saudia arabia has disowned them

Does not matter mate you can have 6 connections, 30 hours door to door but save a fiver. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Does not matter mate you can have 6 connections, 30 hours door to door but save a fiver. 

not for me mate. in the late 80s early 90s we used to fly gulf air and buy loads of fags and nearly used to pay for the flights

49 minutes ago, Esco said:

Yes I like them a lot but it appears they've upped their prices recently. 

Last time I looked which would have been September last year, they were in fact dearer than most including Thai Emirates and BA

looked at using them flying to edinburgh but takes about 30 hours .

not cheap either .

they can fuck off .

• Thumbs up 2

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Why people would give their money to these national carriers of countries that breed terrorists that run over people over with vans, bomb us and want Sharia law in the UK is beyond me.

Shalom 

No choice for me, company chooses the lowest logical business class fare for me, which is currently Qatar. 

I’m quite sure my couple of thousand bucks for a flight makes no difference to a country who makes a gazillion bucks a day from gas. 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Shalom 

Its a crap service from MAN to BKK...

TV is about as big as a pack of ciggs 

The haed phones never work.

All the staff act like we owe them a living.. 

To top it off they loose my cases not once but twice.... 

British airways more like bullshit airways

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Shalom 

With the left over and saved money flying Al Quada ... I use it to make a donation to the forum 😎

The issue is it’s hard to get on planes now as the doorway is 3 foot wide, my canister has grown to 4 foot 🤯🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Even if it’s 40 hours and 8 stops, well worth it ....that £5.00 is gold ...

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Even if it’s 40 hours and 8 stops, well worth it ....that £5.00 is gold ...

3 or 4 bottles of Leo in New Plaza liquid gold mate. :drink:

Had to stop off in Qatar Qaida once hated the place.

Don't mind 3/4 day stop overs Istanbul / Munich / Budapest type of places but otherwise like flying direct.

• Thumbs up 1