Jump to content
Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Manchester to Bangkok

Recommended Posts

We have all heard that thai airways may be planning to add Manchester to its route / destinations.

Puang's friend works for a well known airline company which is not Thai airways and she has been asked to attend a meeting tomorrow at Manchester airport and its all about flights direct to Bangkok..

She will not tell me any more ... as she thinks i'll put it all over the net.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a strange one considering UK tourists to Thailand were down considerably last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Would be a strange one considering UK tourists to Thailand were down considerably last year.

Irrespective of that I think there would be enough demand for the route to do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aw1 said:

Irrespective of that I think there would be enough demand for the route to do well.

They would be zero competition with only one airline from Manchester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aw1 said:

Irrespective of that I think there would be enough demand for the route to do well.

Maybe so.

I would still say it's a bold decision to add an extra route from a city in a country where last people are travelling from.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Etihad have pulled out of Edinburgh but Emirates are now running.

Got a shed load of miles that are potentially worthless.

Edited by Midnight Moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

Etihad have pulled out of Edinburgh but Emirates are now running.

Got a shed load of miles that are potentially worthless.

I cashed in my Etihad miles last week due to them pulling out of Edinburgh.  Pre-loaded credit card worth £70 and I'd only ever had two cheap as chips flights with them.  Worth looking at if the miles are going to be wasted otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lanzalad said:

They would be zero competition with only one airline from Manchester.

Most sane people rather them than Al Quada airways ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

Etihad have pulled out of Edinburgh but Emirates are now running.

Got a shed load of miles that are potentially worthless.

Gis them then.

I quite like Etihad.

Used to them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Maybe so.

I would still say it's a bold decision to add an extra route from a city in a country where last people are travelling from.

 

I don't understand your last sentence ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, lanzalad said:

We have all heard that thai airways may be planning to add Manchester to its route / destinations.

Puang's friend works for a well known airline company which is not Thai airways and she has been asked to attend a meeting tomorrow at Manchester airport and its all about flights direct to Bangkok..

She will not tell me any more ... as she thinks i'll put it all over the net.

I have never read anything in any local or national papers. Only on internet forums that Thai will start direct flights from Manchester. 

They could easily fill a couple of flights a week. I read the other week that one of the Indian airlines will be flying out of Manchester soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×