Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
dcfc2007

VAR

What do you make of VAR?

Personally I think it's spoiling football. It's also going to mean there will be penalties in almost every single game in which it's used.

It's awful.

Should be used to yellow card people that are diving, one of the worst things about football....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aw1 said:

Should be used to yellow card people that are diving, one of the worst things about football....

Despise that behavior.

It's going to get to the point were goals aren't celebrated until there's VAR confirmation.

It's a pile of shite.

I like the way they do it in rugby, ref asks for a review, someone reviews it, done and dusted in about 30 seconds.

45 minutes ago, Murchie said:

I like the way they do it in rugby, ref asks for a review, someone reviews it, done and dusted in about 30 seconds.

Yes but rugby is a game of phases so there's little disruption to the game. It just isn't working in football.

18 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yes but rugby is a game of phases so there's little disruption to the game. It just isn't working in football.

I actually think that Var is making the game more exciting and is probably doing the pundits out of a job.

I am all for making the right decisions and if it takes a few more seconds to stop a lifetime's debate then so be it.

4 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I actually think that Var is making the game more exciting and is probably doing the pundits out of a job.

I am all for making the right decisions and if it takes a few more seconds to stop a lifetime's debate then so be it.

A few seconds?

Iran scored a goal and celebrated before the ref even blew his whistle to go to VAR.

It isn't even getting some of the decisions right. That was never a penalty in today's game.

3 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

I think the beauty of football is that all you need is a playing surface, two teams, couple of goals and a ball. I'm not for any technology being used during the game so it can be played under the same conditions from the lowest level to the highest.

Using technology to stamp out diving, cheating and other stuff missed by the ref no problem afterwards no problem but the game should be allowed to flow.

32 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I think the beauty of football is that all you need is a playing surface, two teams, couple of goals and a ball. I'm not for any technology being used during the game so it can be played under the same conditions from the lowest level to the highest.

Using technology to stamp out diving, cheating and other stuff missed by the ref no problem afterwards no problem but the game should be allowed to flow.

Got to say that Lampard and England were a little disappointed in a goal being disallowed, VAR would have given it.....

For years people have been calling for goal line technology, the ability to take another look at very divisive issues (some with financial repercussions) etc etc and now we get it people deciding they don't want it.  I am in favour of it as I really don't think it matters whether people are celebrating for seconds or not, if it makes sure the correct decision is likely to be offered then I am all for it. Just a personal decision.

Edited by The Tongue
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Tongue said:

Got to say that Lampard and England were a little disappointed in a goal being disallowed, VAR would have given it.....

For years people have been calling for goal line technology, the ability to take another look at very divisive issues (some with financial repercussions) etc etc and now we get it people deciding they don't want it.  I am in favour of it as I really don't think it matters whether people are celebrating for seconds or not, if it makes sure the correct decision is likely to be offered then I am all for it. Just a personal decision.

Same can be said if it was around in 66....

Edited by Midnight Moon

'66 was a goal a Russian linesman confirmed it against the Germans. T.M. Bamkharov has a statue erected to him in his home village.

Anyway first of all did not like VAR but now think it is mostly MOSTLY working. Just now a Peruvian got a red card wrongly identified. In seconds VAR got it right.

And anything that denies those horrible Iranians has to be a good thing. .... :friends: