Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Murchie

The Vietnam War, A Film By Ken Burns

Yes, the documentary has been mentioned on here a few times, he really hit the gold standard with this series of films.

You can see them on YOUTUBE, it was on PBS

Excellent viewing.

Watched the first 3 episodes, makes me glad I didn’t have to do any active service anywhere 

• Thumbs up 1

16 minutes ago, The Tongue said:

Yes, the documentary has been mentioned on here a few times, he really hit the gold standard with this series of films.

You can see them on YOUTUBE, it was on PBS

Excellent viewing.

Just recently been added to Netflix.

• Thumbs up 1

15 minutes ago, scotty said:

Watched the first 3 episodes, makes me glad I didn’t have to do any active service anywhere 

Hard to comprehend how it must have felt to be flown to a foreign country  and thrown in to battle. 

21 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Hard to comprehend how it must have felt to be flown to a foreign country  and thrown in to battle. 

I have almost finished "Why didn't you get me out ? "    By Frank Anton ,He was held captive for many years ,   decent  read..

Edited by Parky

19 minutes ago, Parky said:

I have almost finished "Why didn't you get me out ? "    By Frank Anton ,He was held captive for many years ,   decent  read..

I need to get back to reading books, haven't read a book in years, started a few but never finished any of them. 

17 minutes ago, Murchie said:

I need to get back to reading books, haven't read a book in years, started a few but never finished any of them. 

I have started to read more ... but not enough ..

Fiction I don’t like , enough lies on here without making stories up ..

Rock on 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Parky said:

Sounds good.

Read a book a few years ago by a British guy who got drafted in to the Army(Was made an American citizen years before). Cant remember the name of the book though, but it was a very good read.

• Thumbs up 1

Just now, firth1974 said:

Sounds good.

Read a book a few years ago by a British guy who got drafted in to the Army(Was made an American citizen years before). Cant remember the name of the book though, but it was a very good read.

Got it out of Canterbury  tales, if you are around or trust anyone you can have it .... 80 baht trade in :)

5 hours ago, Murchie said:

Have you ever done Millwall away? 

4 hours ago, Murchie said:

I used to read a book a week when I lived in Thailand. It’s a lovely way to pass the time, I too need to get back iton my old ways

• Thumbs up 1

14 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

I used to read a book a week when I lived in Thailand. It’s a lovely way to pass the time, I too need to get back iton my old ways

In my early offshore days a book was your only entertainment. Was easy to finish a good book in a day or two. 

Funny to hear guys complaining that their heading to a certain rig with poor wifi "Could be offline for a while heard this rig has shite wifi" 

On 7/2/2018 at 2:43 PM, Murchie said:

Just recently been added to Netflix.

Just started watching it. Very informative, also for my Mrs who'd never been told this piece of history. 

On 7/2/2018 at 6:48 PM, John M25 said:

Have you ever done Millwall away? 

Once ......... and I am West Ham .......did it back in the day. ...truly terrifying worst ever walking down the old Cold Blow Lane with colours on .......... the new Den is all posh Peckham Bhoys ..... OK Sarf Peckham the North is still a vile shit hole.:toilet-humor:

Mind you never been to Stoke .....that is supposed to be awful all that Pottery bollocks and I'm old enough to remember Zigger Zagger. Really good lads in the 70s Stoke fans then got all racist and Brexit thickos :wine:

Many lives lost for nothing sadly.

But in those days the scare of communisme taking over the world was so irrational that it blinded many people.

Like everything at the end communisme died a natural death...

1 hour ago, thai spice said:

Many lives lost for nothing sadly.

But in those days the scare of communisme taking over the world was so irrational that it blinded many people.

Like everything at the end communisme died a natural death...

I remember at school, the reds under the bed witch hunts. McCarthy certainly stirred things up to a point where a few were executed.