Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months friday 28th, drinks with vpi78 @ The Rock House on friday... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madusa

TM-30 and Jomtien immigration

Guest Madusa

Heard Jomtien immi wont give an extension if the applicant does not have the TM-30 form.

Anyone able to substantiate this , I ask as I was just gunna get a SETV and do a 30 day extension but if they want the form I'll have to grab a METV instead.

There ya go Matty, ive started a thread.

Guest Madusa
8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

What's a TM-30?

Landlord Notification Receipt.

Guest painter

As I understand it, your landlord (hotel, guesthouse or condo) should register you online within 24 hours of you arriving.

Providing this is done, when you go to extend your SETV they will check, and if all is ok you will get a receipt. This receipt will get you the extension.

If it's not been done, they will fine your landlord 1600b, but as you are there they make you pay it,  and still give you the receipt, so you can extend your SETV. In theory, you can claim the 1600 back from your landlord

Guest Madusa
17 minutes ago, painter said:

As I understand it, your landlord (hotel, guesthouse or condo) should register you online within 24 hours of you arriving.

Providing this is done, when you go to extend your SETV they will check, and if all is ok you will get a receipt. This receipt will get you the extension.

If it's not been done, they will fine your landlord 1600b, but as you are there they make you pay it,  and still give you the receipt, so you can extend your SETV. In theory, you can claim the 1600 back from your landlord

Yeah have heard Jomtien are wanting a copy of the filled in and signed form, something I very much doubt the chick at the front desk of the hotel or the owner of a guesthouse is going to provide which makes it a pain to get an extension.

56 minutes ago, Madusa said:

Yeah have heard Jomtien are wanting a copy of the filled in and signed form, something I very much doubt the chick at the front desk of the hotel or the owner of a guesthouse is going to provide which makes it a pain to get an extension.

Did the Hotel take a copy of your passport on arrival?

Reason they do is to do the TM30 registration.

Perhaps ask the front desk for a copy.

No guaratee but worth a try. TIT

Edited by som nam na

Guest Madusa
10 minutes ago, som nam na said:

Did the Hotel take a copy of your passport on arrival?

Reason they do is to do the TM30 registration.

Perhaps ask the front desk for a copy.

No guaratee but worth a try. TIT

yeah thats a tad hard to do as iam not in Thai, this concerns getting either a SETV or METV before I fly.

Guest painter

Getting a SETV before you fly is easy. You don't need proof of address. Just apply to local consulate or embassy. When I did it it was a form, a photo and a postal order.

Upon arrival, your hotel will register you. Or by law, they should. It's done on line.

When you want to extend, you go to your local immigration office in Thailand. From memory, you need a copy of your "contract" with the place you are staying, a copy of their ownership papers and a photo. Any hotel or condo juristic office will know what is needed. The receipt is given to you after the local immigration office has checked your arrival was registered. From hearsay, smaller guesthouses are more unreliable at registering you upon arrival, which is when you have the fine to pay .

Process was easy, although slightly time consuming as the queue was long.

Guest Madusa
7 minutes ago, painter said:

Getting a SETV before you fly is easy. You don't need proof of address. Just apply to local consulate or embassy. When I did it it was a form, a photo and a postal order.

Upon arrival, your hotel will register you. Or by law, they should. It's done on line.

When you want to extend, you go to your local immigration office in Thailand. From memory, you need a copy of your "contract" with the place you are staying, a copy of their ownership papers and a photo. Any hotel or condo juristic office will know what is needed. The receipt is given to you after the local immigration office has checked your arrival was registered. From hearsay, smaller guesthouses are more unreliable at registering you upon arrival, which is when you have the fine to pay .

Process was easy, although slightly time consuming as the queue was long.

Righto, so the hotel will give me a copy of the submitted  TM-30 then... I wonder why Jomtien are now insisting on this when it should be on their system ?

Edited by Madusa

Guest painter

No. The hotel won't give you a copy, but will give you the paperwork (contract, copy of ownership papers) for you to get the receipt when you go to jomtien immigration office. 

I did read one story of a condo owner getting the receipt from jomtien for the tenant,  but presumably they (the owner) went to register the tenants arrival in person and didn t do it online

Guest Madusa
49 minutes ago, painter said:

No. The hotel won't give you a copy, but will give you the paperwork (contract, copy of ownership papers) for you to get the receipt when you go to jomtien immigration office. 

Thats the rub, Jomtien want a copy submitted with the extension application, they also want it when those are doing 90 day reporting.

in a house or condo rental, the landlord is supposed to register you within 24 hrs.  thereafter he can , and most do, nominate you as the head of the household.  the tm30 is the responsiblity of the head of household.

so YOu can register future TM30.  especially since if you go and stay in another province overnight in an hotel, you will be registered there, and so have to do the tm30 again when you get back..

Guest painter

I can only go by my experience, which was 6 months ago, so it might all have change...

After 58 days in country on a SETV I went to jomtien, taking a copy of my condo contract, a copy of the owner's ownership papers (?and a photo). I filled in form, about where I lived, and joined a queue. When my number was called I presented paperwork to attractive young lady. She tapped details into computer, confirmed I had been registered by the juristic person, and gave me the receipt.

I returned to main reception, filled in a visa extension form, joined another queue. When my number was called I presented form, receipt, pic and passport to a grumpy bloke, who gave me 30 days extension.

Easy, if time consuming waiting in queues. When I went to extend my 2nd SETV I used the same receipt and there were no checks on address. In and out in 20 minutes.

Guest Madusa
2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

in a house or condo rental, the landlord is supposed to register you within 24 hrs.  thereafter he can , and most do, nominate you as the head of the household.  the tm30 is the responsiblity of the head of household.

so YOu can register future TM30.  especially since if you go and stay in another province overnight in an hotel, you will be registered there, and so have to do the tm30 again when you get back..

Yeah iam fully aware of how the TM-30 works but this is apparently a new thing by immigration at Jomtien wanting the TM-30 when applying for an extension or doing a 90 day report.

I seriously doubt the desk monkey at a hotel is going to provide me with one in order to do a 30 day extension which I need to do to avoid the expense and hassle of getting a METV.

Guest Madusa
Just now, painter said:

I can only go by my experience, which was 6 months ago, so it might all have change...

After 58 days in country on a SETV I went to jomtien, taking a copy of my condo contract, a copy of the owner's ownership papers (?and a photo). I filled in form, about where I lived, and joined a queue. When my number was called I presented paperwork to attractive young lady. She tapped details into computer, confirmed I had been registered by the juristic person, and gave me the receipt.

I returned to main reception, filled in a visa extension form, joined another queue. When my number was called I presented form, receipt, pic and passport to a grumpy bloke, who gave me 30 days extension.

Easy, if time consuming waiting in queues. When I went to extend my 2nd SETV I used the same receipt and there were no checks on address. In and out in 20 minutes.

yeah, I lived in Thailand for a year or 2 and am fully aware on how it WAS done....... you seem to missing the vital part of my OP and thats about immigration wanting one to bring in a copy of the TM-30.

asking for tm 30 on visa renewls and extnesions has been going on since sept.  and its been a great little earner

in your case, if you are staying in a proper hotel that is registered as a hotel, they are paying room tax on you PER NIGHT and the hotel manager is usually able to give you a copy of the registration done by them when you arrived.  try it ;)  he has to have it on record by law 

• Thanks 1

Guest painter
10 minutes ago, Madusa said:

yeah, I lived in Thailand for a year or 2 and am fully aware on how it WAS done....... you seem to missing the vital part of my OP and thats about immigration wanting one to bring in a copy of the TM-30.

My experience was 5 months ago. I was given the TM30 (it's a slip of paper smaller than a5) at jomtien immigration as part of the extension process. All they are doing is checking that the lardlord has registered you at their address.

as Tommy says, it's a good earner for them. If you haven't been registered by the landlord, they will fine you 1600. They give you a receipt and tell you to claim back from your landlord. It doesn't stop you getting a TM30  receipt, which is what they want (or wanted) to see for the extension

Edited by painter

Guest Madusa
3 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

asking for tm 30 on visa renewls and extnesions has been going on since sept.  and its been a great little earner

in your case, if you are staying in a proper hotel that is registered as a hotel, they are paying room tax on you PER NIGHT and the hotel manager is usually able to give you a copy of the registration done by them when you arrived.  try it ;)  he has to have it on record by law 

Thankyou, an answer to my question.

Guest painter

When I extended my SETV they wanted to see this. (Not mine....i found it online...)

img025.jpg.8c09eca58fab0d2b769f27a1e71ac824.jpg

As I said, I collected mine from jomtien immigration having shown them various documents relating to my address. It was part of the address registration form I had to fill in, and they checked against their computer records.

Guest Madusa
3 minutes ago, painter said:

When I extended my SETV they wanted to see this. (Not mine....i found it online...)

img025.jpg.8c09eca58fab0d2b769f27a1e71ac824.jpg

As I said, I collected mine from jomtien immigration having shown them various documents relating to my address. It was part of the address registration form I had to fill in, and they checked against their computer records.

You struggling with the part they want you to bring with not collect there aint ya.

Anyways Tommy has answered my question.

Guest painter
12 minutes ago, Madusa said:

You struggling with the part they want you to bring with not collect there aint ya.

Anyways Tommy has answered my question.

Which is why I said "I can only go by my experience, which was 6 months ago, so it might all have change"

Remind me not to bother trying to help in the future...

Guest Madusa
21 hours ago, painter said:

Remind me not to bother trying to help in the future...

I think thats a sterling idea, kudo's.