Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Happy Farang

Pattaya testing speed-trap cameras

Pattaya has begun testing speed-trap cameras on city streets.

Two license plate recognition cameras on North Road, on opposite sides near the intersection with Phettrakul Road, are now operational.

Two license plate recognition cameras on North Road, on opposite sides near the intersection with Phettrakul Road, are now operational.

Two cameras on North Road, on opposite sides near the intersection with Phettrakul Road, are now operational. The cameras automatically snap photos of the license plates of vehicles that run the red light or speed through the intersection.

Police said the cameras could also be of use in capturing license plates of vehicles used in crimes.

If successful, the cameras could be installed elsewhere around the city.

well I honestly thought patts was so busy,that you couldn't speed.how about testing the pedestrian crossings.oh I forgot"no money in that".boom

• Thumbs up 1

yep, spotted last weekend.  speeding wont be an issue till nightime/early morning ;)  light jumpers are the aim.  they are also monitoring the chunnel on the suk.. too many bikes using it i hear

Guest Madusa
6 hours ago, Happy Farang said:

That will depend on your nationality

In my experience (have received hundreds possibly thousands) traffic infringement notices that arrive in the mail nationality does not make a difference.

1 hour ago, Madusa said:

In my experience (have received hundreds possibly thousands) traffic infringement notices that arrive in the mail nationality does not make a difference.

True..... they send the infringement by mail to the person who is the registered owner of the vehicle.

cheers 

8 hours ago, tommy dee said:

yep, spotted last weekend.  speeding wont be an issue till nightime/early morning ;)  light jumpers are the aim.  they are also monitoring the chunnel on the suk.. too many bikes using it i hear

Never going to fix light jumpers, no helmets, 20 on a bike, riding against traffic, riding and driving while brain dead. You can't fix it.

Cops however need a lot of tea money.

Guest Madusa
5 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Never going to fix light jumpers, no helmets, 20 on a bike, riding against traffic, riding and driving while brain dead. You can't fix it.

Cops however need a lot of tea money.

it will be fixed, just takes time.

3 minutes ago, Madusa said:

it will be fixed, just takes time.

Not in our lifetime. They are completely Lawless. Would take a new Government that bothers. A Police force that Policed and an education system that educated.

No change.   

Guest Madusa
4 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Not in our lifetime. They are completely Lawless. Would take a new Government that bothers. A Police force that Policed and an education system that educated.

No change.   

Massive changes have happened since I moved there in 2006, further changes will and are happening.

2 minutes ago, Madusa said:

Massive changes have happened since I moved there in 2006, further changes will and are happening.

The roads and driving are shocking. Carnage. Got a lot busier but that's about that. 

4 hours ago, roobob said:

True..... they send the infringement by mail to the person who is the registered owner of the vehicle.

cheers 

Apparently they will soon be installing FRS (Farang recognition software) in the cameras so they can differentiate the fines. 

• Haha 1

Guest Madusa
Just now, pattayaman2001 said:

The roads and driving are shocking. Carnage. Got a lot busier but that's about that. 

You obviously never drove in the thick of it on a daily basis, whilst it is still bad it is improving...noticeably and for the year 2017 I only witness 2 scoot accident where the rider and pillion were turned into 150m long meat streaks on the road.... Guy at my old work is one of them rescue guys at night and even he always commented how things were improving.

Just now, Madusa said:

You obviously never drove in the thick of it on a daily basis, whilst it is still bad it is improving...noticeably and for the year 2017 I only witness 2 scoot accident where the rider and pillion were turned into 150m long meat streaks on the road.... Guy at my old work is one of them rescue guys at night and even he always commented how things were improving.

On bikes every day. Clocked up countless 1000s km on Thai roads.

Thailand is now number one, the most dangerous Country in the World to drive. That's improvement?

Guest Madusa
Just now, pattayaman2001 said:

On bikes every day. Clocked up countless 1000s km on Thai roads.

Thailand is now number one, the most dangerous Country in the World to drive. That's improvement?

Good for you.

Guest Madusa
2 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

And you said it's improving:)

Not sure why you are putting up a link, you do know I was not a 2 week holiday maker ?

But yeah, if the rescue lads are telling me thing are improving I tend to believe them than you given I feel the same.

4 minutes ago, Madusa said:

Not sure why you are putting up a link, you do know I was not a 2 week holiday maker ?

But yeah, if the rescue lads are telling me thing are improving I tend to believe them than you given I feel the same.

Well, that's fine if you believe them. Stats prove otherwise. And my experience on Thai roads also. 

Guest Madusa
3 minutes ago, pattayaman2001 said:

Well, that's fine if you believe them. Stats prove otherwise. And my experience on Thai roads also. 

ok mate.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, roobob said:

cheers 

If it is the same as the Cameras on the 7 enroute to the Airport the fine is 500 Baht, comes in a letter to registered owner of vehicle along with the Photo and speed

Had a few already . . .