Latest News
  • *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** mulphys birthday on october 31st , little party at the rockhouse *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Steak in Pattaya

We haven't had a thread lately on steak in Pattaya, so I'll start one.  Any kind of comment on beef steak in a Pattaya restaurant is welcome.  It doesn't have to be about the best or cheapest, it can be about any steak you've had here, whether cheap, expensive, good, bad or mediocre.

IMG_0073.jpg.2016fac0daadac815d48ecc67e7c09bc.jpg

I'll kick it off with the  200 gram (about 7-oz) Australian rib eye special for 459 baht at Longhorn Steakhouse and Cafe in the Central Arcade across from Mike's Mall.  It's the arcade with Kiss, Beefeater, Patrick's and My Way.

IMG_0071.thumb.jpg.debc4685578cec463fff65fef7a0433e.jpg

The special included a choice of potato and gravy or one sauce.  I picked mashed potatoes and English mustard, which wasn't a sauce but a small dish of what tasted like real Coleman's Mustard. The rib eye rested on a bed of diced vegetables and came with a slice of grilled tomato.

1682854983_IMG_00471.thumb.jpg.f8f1c83165638fa249d6a13cb55197eb.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg.44595e0269fef716ec547b5c36c40c13.jpg

IMG_0053.thumb.jpg.2c86c75d387dd92b15a13af4eb3b5c06.jpg

I asked for my rib eye to be medium rare and that's exactly how it came.  It had been nicely grilled, tender and had a great taste.  I'm guessing, but I believe it was the equivalent of USDA Choice, the second highest quality designation in the U.S.  The mashed potatoes were also excellent.

IMG_0058.thumb.jpg.2c77899b791b2ca2032575af66fe6749.jpg

To top off the meal, I had a vanilla ice cream sundae with caramel sauce for 75 baht.  It could have done with a bit more sauce, but otherwise hit my sweet spot. 

IMG_0069.jpg.5cc1aa084b2052ca0905f11028cf7f59.jpg

I drank soda water (40 baht), but Longhorn had a selection of beers and wine on offer, including Belgian beer.

IMG_0061.thumb.jpg.3625e0f22d26ad289ee6456ac3407584.jpg

Longhorn was clean, comfortable and well-lit, which are always key factors.  I ate there at about 8 p.m. and there were 11 other customers when I arrived. Longhorn shouldn't be confused with Big Horn, a long-running steakhouse in the same arcade that closed about three years ago.

IMG_0072.thumb.jpg.d7f07654e297cbae6a20696c50cce709.jpg

IMG_0074.thumb.jpg.e5d1e7015fccf77ef13d6801ef56ab4b.jpg

Bottom line:  I won't hesitate to eat at Longhorn again.  Price wise, it seems to occupy the upper middle ground between Steak & Co., Beefeater and Patrick's at the high end and the budget steak places.

Evil

• Like 1

Never eaten steak in Patts but most likely will go there next time. Looks good and I love good mash.

Like mine rare.

Looks nice. Price seems excellent for the quality you report 

I never moved away from Patrick’s despite this place being close by. I think what put me off was their gut buster adverts of big and brash steaks. A nice fillet works for me

havent had a steak outside of at the rockhouse for some time .

we do both sirlion and ribeye 300 gram from prime asia .

served with either french fries or mash , with fried onion , gravy and garden peas .

325 b and damned good .

• Thumbs up 1

44 minutes ago, mulphy said:

havent had a steak outside of at the rockhouse for some time .

we do both sirlion and ribeye 300 gram from prime asia .

served with either french fries or mash , with fried onion , gravy and garden peas .

325 b and damned good .

Put your price up mate - too fookin cheap 

2 hours ago, Cat Crumpet said:

Put your price up mate - too fookin cheap 

325 baht, I never spend that on food in one day.

The soi food is really good and its worth a try.