Jump to content
Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Christmas Dinner 2018

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, ronnie dutchpride said:

Why ?

Not having turkey for Christmas, twas only a joke.

2 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

You’ve never been out of Soi Bukow before!!!

You're not far wrong either lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i ll not be eating xmas dinner anywhere .

dont rate it or the extortionate prices .

no xmas spirit in pattaya .

usually im too fucked up to enjoy it anyway .

for me xmas is associated with snow and cold .

so its not for me .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Jameson's was that the Irish bar that was in the avenue where the robin hood now is?

its run by kim fletcher who was the manager of shenanigans when it was at the royal garden.had a couple of Christmas dinners there,but if im in town I don't bother with Christmas dinner now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, matthewh said:

its run by kim fletcher who was the manager of shenanigans when it was at the royal garden.had a couple of Christmas dinners there,but if im in town I don't bother with Christmas dinner now.

kim was sacked recently .

he has just opened a place of his own somewhere over the depressing side .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mulphy said:

kim was sacked recently .

he has just opened a place of his own somewhere over the depressing side .

bloody hell,i didn't know that.i thought he was a permanent fixture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mulphy said:

kim was sacked recently .

he has just opened a place of his own somewhere over the depressing side .

What did he do or need I ask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

What did he do or need I ask?

please elaborate.??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big fan of Xmas dinner in Pattaya to be honest, only had it at Tigglebitties and thats mainly because its with friends etc. Normally we'd just get pissed and eat as normal.

Been invited to my Cousins this year, didn't really want to go anywhere but he's the closest member of family I have and we normally have a good laugh, since losing my Parents he's made sure the wife and I are included in their plans which is nice.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Not a big fan of Xmas dinner in Pattaya to be honest, only had it at Tigglebitties and thats mainly because its with friends etc. Normally we'd just get pissed and eat as normal.

Been invited to my Cousins this year, didn't really want to go anywhere but he's the closest member of family I have and we normally have a good laugh, since losing my Parents he's made sure the wife and I are included in their plans which is nice.

:)

stay at home and cook a ruby.thats what we are doing.cant be doing with dry turkey,boom.!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, matthewh said:

please elaborate.??

How can I elaborate until Alex tell us? You on it already I take it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, matthewh said:

stay at home and cook a ruby.thats what we are doing.cant be doing with dry turkey,boom.!!

If I'm in the UK I'll have xmas dinner, it was just Pattaya where I didn't always bother.

:)

Edited by davethailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, matthewh said:

stay at home and cook a ruby.thats what we are doing.cant be doing with dry turkey,boom.!!

A nice Phal mate ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

How can I elaborate until Alex tell us? You on it already I take it?

i actually dont know why .

all i know is they sacked him and closed the bar for a refurb and put in a new manager .

normally that just means they think the figures aint good enough and so put in a new manager who they think will do better .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of Xmas dinner , what’s the Ryanair inflight one like ? 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Parky said:

Talking of Xmas dinner , what’s the Ryanair inflight one like ? 🤣

turkey sarnie a tenner.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

How can I elaborate until Alex tell us? You on it already I take it?

ive spoken to some people and they are as shocked as I am.they will struggle to find someone like kim.he was strict with the thai staff,probably why he lasted so long.i for one wish him well for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, matthewh said:

ive spoken to some people and they are as shocked as I am.they will struggle to find someone like kim.he was strict with the thai staff,probably why he lasted so long.i for one wish him well for the future.

If he has talent , works and has the right attitude he can’t fail ... that’s a law of life 😎

If you say he is good thats good enough for me ..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Parky said:

If he has talent , works and has the right attitude he can’t fail ... that’s a law of life 😎

If you say he is good thats good enough for me ..

 

he is a gentleman.will pop over to his place next time im in town.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still more options for Christmas dinner:

Untitled-12a.jpg.79081e86c62eb37bf2e8b5ab5b287758.jpg

 

Chik n Coop is a value-for-money (500 baht) ,  all-you-can-eat option for anyone interested in a U.S.-style Christmas dinner.

coop.jpg.70082e92b3235f1cbd9e281b79d0fc57.jpg

 

Santa Penevil

 dancing-santa-claus.gif.6d88c5a0203096d995f97ec9b9f875cd.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i ll pass on any commercial xmas dinner .

i may instruct my cook to cook me something nice on the day though .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, Parky said:

Talking of Xmas dinner , what’s the Ryanair inflight one like ? 🤣

I heard it went down well, but i cant see it taking off!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

I heard it went down well, but i cant see it taking off!

Actually I thought it was Ryan Air that crashed yesterday, but i miss heard and it was "Lion Air"  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, mulphy said:

i actually dont know why .

all i know is they sacked him and closed the bar for a refurb and put in a new manager .

normally that just means they think the figures aint good enough and so put in a new manager who they think will do better .

I thought he owned half of Jamesons, Ronny owning the other half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Note that there's no turkey on the menu and the FB page confirms no turkey will be served.

Untitled-111.jpg.69feede1734234dae3ea8c2afeccc59d.jpg

 

Also ...

Untitled-11.jpg.73bb20548c46b0da247dc8859a77fd2e.jpg

 

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif.6d88c5a0203096d9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And for those looking for a fine-dining experience:

Capturevvv.JPG.7b72e402cb96828367af9719f0c76afc.JPG

 

The prices are reasonable for a restaurant of Bruno's standard, considering pubs are charging around 1,000 baht for Christmas dinner.

Bruno1.thumb.jpg.7ce160a819ac2bd862fae86c156ca951.jpg

 

Bruno2-1.thumb.jpg.5fa62a376815429f5769d8febcbe1aa4.jpg

 

Another more expensive option. The Point at the Dusit Thani:

Untitled-1dus.jpg

And the ever-popular Nicky's on Soi Buakhao, with pics of the Christmas desserts:

Untitled-41.jpg

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif.6d88c5a0203096d9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×