Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

medical treatment in thailand

what medical treatment have you received in Thailand ,and how was it.?.me personally.?.ive had a hernia repaired at the vejthani hospital in Bangkok.when in pattaya I have a dentist ive been using for years.im very satisfied with the treatment I have had in Thailand.

Lots of dental work which I am very pleased with

Treated for rabies which was a dreadful ordeal, Pattaya memorial weren’t great

Lump removed at Pattaya memorial near the Crown Jewels and tested for C. Very distressful

Yearly medical at BPH, always looking at add ons

Broken heart, sorted by a tart in Walking street

Tennis elbow, Queen Sirikit, dreadful experience 

A couple of ops , 2 nights in each time , a lump cut out of my neck ... dental work also .. 

Found the healthcare great here ... 

3 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

Lots of dental work which I am very pleased with

Treated for rabies which was a dreadful ordeal, Pattaya memorial weren’t great

Lump removed at Pattaya memorial near the Crown Jewels and tested for C. Very distressful

Yearly medical at BPH, always looking at add ons

Broken heart, sorted by a tart in Walking street

Tennis elbow, Queen Sirikit, dreadful experience 

Tennis elbow is a nasty one , I had that with golfers elbow in UK 🇬🇧Time and acupuncture on BUPA sorted me ...

• Thumbs up 1

I have been fairly lucky, but did go to BPH with a bit of an eye infection a few year back.

They have a great eye department and I got prompt attention. As a viral infection there wasn't much to be done apart from steroid drops to reduce the swelling and some other drops to help stop the eye drying out. I had to return 3 weeks later for a follow up and the total cost was around 1000b including the drops.

1762783991_Badeye.thumb.jpg.870f9f883c139423af08088aba8751fc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Measels

Appendicitis

Broken wrist, plates, screws etc

Broken Collar bone

various stitches from accidents

:)

3 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Measels

Appendicitis

Broken wrist, plates, screws etc

Broken Collar bone

various stitches from accidents

motorbikes.??

6 minutes ago, matthewh said:

motorbikes.??

the wrist was yes and also stitches above my eye.

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have been fairly lucky, but did go to BPH with a bit of an eye infection a few year back.

They have a great eye department and I got prompt attention. As a viral infection there wasn't much to be done apart from steroid drops to reduce the swelling and some other drops to help stop the eye drying out. I had to return 3 weeks later for a follow up and the total cost was around 1000b including the drops.

1762783991_Badeye.thumb.jpg.870f9f883c139423af08088aba8751fc.jpg

Are you the guy that the got drip and touched his eye to pass up the infection?

4 hours ago, matthewh said:

what medical treatment have you received in Thailand ,and how was it.?.me personally.?.ive had a hernia repaired at the vejthani hospital in Bangkok.when in pattaya I have a dentist ive been using for years.im very satisfied with the treatment I have had in Thailand.

This looks like a right mess, but the ortho and physical therapists here performed an absolute miracle being able to piece this together and allowing me to continue with somewhat a normal life.

Not only that, but best sponge baths on face of the planet are here in Thai hospitals.....like anywhere in world the quality of health and dental care varies practitioner to practitioner, but the good ones in Thailand are as good as anywhere and the bang for the buck is unrivalled.

Arm1.thumb.png.b5af47d26735de52bd7b9fe724933b67.png

• Like 1

a friend of mine is in hospital in Angeles City with double pneumonia and blood poisoning, when I went to visit him at AUF last week was a little surprised to see a Church on the ground floor of the hospital and God talking over the PA system.....

1 hour ago, Paul Chonburi said:

a friend of mine is in hospital in Angeles City with double pneumonia and blood poisoning, when I went to visit him at AUF last week was a little surprised to see a Church on the ground floor of the hospital and God talking over the PA system.....

I ran into a chap from Brum last week meet him 14 year ago this Xmas , he does 6 months a year .. another lad I met at same time died in Bali , he fell on a rock had a nasty cut / graze they used an infected IV he got infected and died in 4 days ... showed me the pics like that MSRA thing they have in UK 🇬🇧 evil 

11 minutes ago, mulphy said:

mrsa .

Lol like my golf , I hit every fairway .... just in the wrong order 😎😂

8 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

This looks like a right mess, but the ortho and physical therapists here performed an absolute miracle being able to piece this together and allowing me to continue with somewhat a normal life.

Not only that, but best sponge baths on face of the planet are here in Thai hospitals.....like anywhere in world the quality of health and dental care varies practitioner to practitioner, but the good ones in Thailand are as good as anywhere and the bang for the buck is unrivalled.

Arm1.thumb.png.b5af47d26735de52bd7b9fe724933b67.png

I asked my dentist what she thought of the work I had done over 13 years in Thailand and she said it was excellent. 

• Thumbs up 1

14 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

I asked my dentist what she thought of the work I had done over 13 years in Thailand and she said it was excellent. 

People who say medical work is poor here are nuts , the first thing a developing country does when people are wealthy is get good health services...

Its the NHS it’s free best in world blah blah merchants 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Midnight Moon said:

Are you the guy that the got drip and touched his eye to pass up the infection?

I don't quite understand what you are asking but there were several people who had a similar problem around the same time as me, including my laudry lady. The doctor said it was an airborne virus that was seasonal.

Edited by boydeste

3 hours ago, NewAmsterdam said:

Compared to the UK under the NHS I would say it's pretty good.  Never seen a Paki Doctor in Thailand.

You have to sit the exams in Thai language

Only Dr Oliver I think has ever passed the exam and despite him being a registered Dr. he cant even administer a needle

18 hours ago, mulphy said:

mrsa .

And correct me if my memory serves me incorrectly, but wasn't it in the fabulous UK NHS system where you picked up the infection?

Like I told you the other night, great to see you looking so good, cuz that day I saw you in the hospital recovering,  it was certainly iffy looking if you were going to come out the other side. 

5 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

And correct me if my memory serves me incorrectly, but wasn't it in the fabulous UK NHS system where you picked up the infection?

Like I told you the other night, great to see you looking so good, cuz that day I saw you in the hospital recovering,  it was certainly iffy looking if you were going to come out the other side. 

yes picked up in an nhs hospital in the uk were i was already in mortal danger from septicemia .

6 minutes ago, mulphy said:

yes picked up in an nhs hospital in the UK were i was already in mortal danger from septicemia .

An expats Dad her died in UK from MRSA , I worked with a guy who was given last rites he had that flesh  eating bug the scares on his legs are unreal ...

34 minutes ago, Parky said:

An expats Dad her died in UK from MRSA , I worked with a guy who was given last rites he had that flesh  eating bug the scares on his legs are unreal ...

both septicemia and mrsa are fatal in a very high percentage of those infected .