Jump to content
Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

dan

Montreal now

Recommended Posts

Hello from old Montréal. -20C but sunny and many cafés to warm up. 

Sideways photos unintentional.

20190228_092331.jpg

20190228_091727.jpg

20190228_090852.jpg

20190228_090756.jpg

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful weekend here. Very nice warm weather. For how long? There was a big night festival that I enjoyed. 

50917177_2072749912807799_46160678417466309_n.jpg

51174886_328911311085811_2062758118346544282_n.jpg

51446594_2125724227542945_2884243855575351837_n.jpg

51795941_295199007822651_4801113678544010030_n.jpg

51812073_2278464175752069_999954166301291782_n.jpg

51910989_139937710374735_7129732726061813663_n.jpg

52428276_300509190516692_2951352098257130899_n.jpg

53176292_2003154743322755_1390943729972486226_n.jpg

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing again. Spicy vietnamese soup followed by a comedy show. Mellow Tuesday. 

20190305_200623.jpg

20190305_185459.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 13:

Thoroughly enjoying Montreal. I can spend hours walking in the downtown core, especially since we've had our last snowfall until the end of the year. With the snow melting and sunshine, it was a perfect day for a few kilometers on foot. Eating my way through Montreal....

My mission was to go for breakfast while waiting for the box office to open at The Bell Center to buy hockey tickets for an upcoming match. Hockey is huge here. Top ticket is around 10,000 THB. 

Then I went to see A Star is Born with Lady Gaga. Terrific movie as all songs were sung live in 1 take. No lip synching.

On the way home, I visit dad at the retirement home. He's quite fond of his gym  teacher. That makes 2 of us!

I know I am going back to Asia soon for the foreseeable future. I have grown very close to my family (2 parents and 4 siblings -- with all their kids) and my birth place but a man has to follow his heart....

 

 

 

Image00001.JPG

Image00002.JPG

Image00003.JPG

Image00004.JPG

Image00005.JPG

Image00006.JPG

Image00007.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 5:17 AM, dan said:

March 13:

Thoroughly enjoying Montreal. I can spend hours walking in the downtown core, especially since we've had our last snowfall until the end of the year. With the snow melting and sunshine, it was a perfect day for a few kilometers on foot. Eating my way through Montreal....

My mission was to go for breakfast while waiting for the box office to open at The Bell Center to buy hockey tickets for an upcoming match. Hockey is huge here. Top ticket is around 10,000 THB. 

Then I went to see A Star is Born with Lady Gaga. Terrific movie as all songs were sung live in 1 take. No lip synching.

On the way home, I visit dad at the retirement home. He's quite fond of his gym  teacher. That makes 2 of us!

I know I am going back to Asia soon for the foreseeable future. I have grown very close to my family (2 parents and 4 siblings -- with all their kids) and my birth place but a man has to follow his heart....

 

 

 

Image00001.JPG

Image00002.JPG

Image00003.JPG

Image00004.JPG

Image00005.JPG

Image00006.JPG

Image00007.JPG

Nice one dan

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'll be at The Bell Center in downtown Montreal again. I love it loud!

D1nIqkhU0AARmnL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dan said:

Looks like I'll be at The Bell Center in downtown Montreal again. I love it loud!

D1nIqkhU0AARmnL.jpg

 

20190314_151516-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the hockey game. If we lose tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks, our playoff spot is gone. As done as dinner. Go Habs go! 

20190316_183945.jpg

20190316_181011-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dan said:

At the hockey game. If we lose tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks, our playoff spot is gone. As done as dinner. Go Habs go! 

20190316_183945.jpg

20190316_181011-1.jpg

Did you ever play hockey Dan ? As a nipper ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parky said:

Did you ever play hockey Dan ? As a nipper ?

Yes sir. 

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always great seeing live hockey. Montréalers are very passionate and the play is very fast paced.

20190317_140406.jpg

20190317_140352.jpg

20190317_131836.jpg

20190317_133632.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pattaya has a cat cafe and doesn't see much custom weekdays. 

20190319_111345.jpg

20190319_110433.jpg

20190319_110348.jpg

20190319_110244.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dan said:

Pattaya has a cat cafe and doesn't see much custom weekdays. 

20190319_111345.jpg

20190319_110433.jpg

20190319_110348.jpg

20190319_110244.jpg

There’s one of those fkers here in Nottingham, cats everywhere......don’t get it would never consider going inside. Are they for kids or something?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, aw1 said:

Are they for kids or something?

95% women. I have only been to the one at Pattaya Klang. It's very relaxing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, aw1 said:

There’s one of those fkers here in Nottingham, cats everywhere......don’t get it would never consider going inside. Are they for kids or something?

Ask on Doodle 365 one there is sure to know 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weatherwise, it has felt like spring on some days and then flurries on others. Do I wear boots or shoes??

Rain or shine, we always have hockey.

Walked around the old Montreal area taking in the architecture (shown Montreal city hall), which borders a pulsating chinatown. Nice lunch specials starting at 200 baht net. 

Dad's 84th birthday this week so we're all getting together to mark it. I am very close to my family and although I'm soon looking forward to my long term return to my life in Asia, I will miss my family and city a lot. 

Image00001.JPG

Image00002.JPG

Image00009.JPG

Image00019.JPG

Image00021.JPG

Image00023.JPG

Image00024.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muse at Bell Center last night.  Impressive stage. Photos from social media.

54247277_346473639545565_4330328153826150681_n.jpg

54447417_346251995995241_4075234283086552353_n(1).jpg

54800864_269585437318004_4333967366893637418_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montreal getting warm weather this week.

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...