Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

emirates or eva.

for the first time in years I did a stopover in Dubai,truth be known I enjoyed it better than flying direct.for years ive used eva.thats about to change.emirates are superb.what are your opinions please.?

• Thumbs up 1

Haven't flown Emirates for well over 10 years and the last time as I did I was given a free business class flight home, superb of course but for 2 - 300 quid cheaper I'd stick with Eva.

Of course if I could get a cheaper Emirates flight with a shortish stop over I'd use them but as said they are dearer than Eva direct.

:)

• Like 1

Direct for me , on plane and settle down ... all that changing adds 3 hours to trip ... I can’t see why any would choose that 

Never had the option to fly direct. If I got the chance it would be direct every time. 

Hanging about in an airport waiting for the connecting flight is dog shit.

• Thumbs up 1

41 minutes ago, ronnie dutchpride said:

Never had the option to fly direct. If I got the chance it would be direct every time. 

Hanging about in an airport waiting for the connecting flight is dog shit.

Who needs 12 hour flight time increasing to 15 plus .. oh stretch your legs , well you van do that on a plane ✈️ 

Its great getting off a plane , carrying your hand luggage , then the fun going through security again who would not want to do that .. then waiting in a lounge for an hour is nice , but not as much fun as boarding another plane  ✈️ 

Off course with another flight you double the chance of delays , lost luggage etc .. 

Can’t be beat , why not take a plane that stops twice that has to be even better does it not ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Parky said:

Direct for me , on plane and settle down ... all that changing adds 3 hours to trip ... I can’t see why any would choose that 

No directs from Scotland.

I can’t fly direct from Brum.

I used Emirates in November, the A380 which I liked - and I just arrived on a KLM flight and Emirates, despite the rush in Dubai will be my next flight here. Gotta say, KLM were pretty shit.

• Thumbs up 1

17 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

No directs from Scotland.

Sure same as Manchester, but guys flying from London saying they like to stop 🛑 

Why not stop 3 times even better ... the usual people telling lies ...

1 minute ago, Rob Jones said:

I can’t fly direct from Brum.

I used Emirates in November, the A380 which I liked - and I just arrived on a KLM flight and Emirates, despite the rush in Dubai will be my next flight here. Gotta say, KLM were pretty shit.

I would wager you and MM would fly direct if you had the  choice ... why not ?? 

Can someone who likes to stop tell me why they stop once ? Twice has to be better does it not ?

4 minutes ago, Parky said:

Can someone who likes to stop tell me why they stop once ? Twice has to be better does it not ?

Absolutely

I would rather change flights in Dubai than do so in London. Or change to train transport on arrival in London.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parky said:

I like to stop mate.

I get claustrophobic and cramped. Stopping gives me the chance to get up and go for a good walk, have a McDonalds or a pint, freshen up in the toilets.

Though I can see why most people prefer direct, getting off the plane at your final destination is perfect.

Like most of the country, a direct flight isn't an option so it's really a choice between which airline and where to stop.  The Middle East airlines have the best options.

• Thumbs up 1

Personally I don’t mind the stopover as long as I can use one of the business lounges and the transfer time is no more than 2 hours. They are both good airlines but unless I book premium economy with EVA (Business class is too expensive for me with EVA) I wouldn’t fly with them in the cramped economy.  As for Emirates the stopover is a welcome relief to squeeze out of the economy seat and have a wander round to use one of the business lounges. I can enter one of the lounges by using my priority pass card and then take a refreshing shower and enjoy a peaceful meal. Emirates don’t offer premium economy as far as I know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheetzie said:

Personally I don’t mind the stopover as long as I can use one of the business lounges and the transfer time is no more than 2 hours. They are both good airlines but unless I book premium economy with EVA (Business class is too expensive for me with EVA) I wouldn’t fly with them in the cramped economy.  As for Emirates the stopover is a welcome relief to squeeze out of the economy seat and have a wander round to use one of the business lounges. I can enter one of the lounges by using my priority pass card and then take a refreshing shower and enjoy a peaceful meal. Emirates don’t offer premium economy as far as I know. 

Emirates premium economy is on the way.

https://simpleflying.com/emirates-new-premium-economy-what-you-need-to-know/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

Priority pass from the credit card? If you pay for it then you’re talking 200 pounds for acess which is pointless just for a 2 hour nibble and splash of water.

yes I agree we had 1 and a half hour stopovers.enough time for a pint.i have flown eva business a few times.its ok but now I would  rather fly economy on the a380.nice big seat and the entertainment system is brilliant.thats why ive used thai and emirates on our last 2 visits.thai are great but at peak times,their prices are not.

9 minutes ago, matthewh said:

yes I agree we had 1 and a half hour stopovers.enough time for a pint.i have flown eva business a few times.its ok but now I would  rather fly economy on the a380.nice big seat and the entertainment system is brilliant.thats why ive used thai and emirates on our last 2 visits.thai are great but at peak times,their prices are not.

You’d rather fly Emirates economy than Eva business? Are you high?

Just now, Midnight Moon said:

You’d rather fly Emirates economy than Eva business? Are you high?

ofcourse not but I wont pay stupid money,rather have it in the bank.

20 minutes ago, Midnight Moon said:

Priority pass from the credit card? If you pay for it then you’re talking 200 pounds for acess which is pointless just for a 2 hour nibble and splash of water.

No. I don’t have priority pass from a credit card.  2 hour nibble? Splash of water? What do you mean? 

2 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

No. I don’t have priority pass from a credit card.  2 hour nibble? Splash of water? What do you mean? 

So you pay to use the Emirates lounge? It’s at least 175-200 USD I believe. 

2 hour nibble = a meal and a bunk up

Splash of water = shower

34 minutes ago, matthewh said:

Yes,  Emirates has always been a good airline. One of my first trips to Thailand was from Manchester and Emirates was the airline I used. The plane to Dubai was a Airbus 310. That was a long time ago but I enjoyed it. The airport was was much smaller then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midnight Moon said:

So you pay to use the Emirates lounge? It’s at least 175-200 USD I believe. 

2 hour nibble = a meal and a bunk up

Splash of water = shower

No mate.