Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

airline food.

it aint the best,but catering for 300.i find that remarkable.currently doing my breakfasts for next week."bubble and squeak,bangers etc".i have limited time in the mornings.the best airline offerings ive had were on Singapore airlines.emirates were ok.where was yours.?

12 minutes ago, mulphy said:

i dont eat on planes really .

very seldom at best .

Same mate always have a decent feed before boarding.

The only thing i always eat is the small dessert and the crackers and cheese.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

22 minutes ago, Admin-J said:

Sorry, you’re doing breakfasts for 300 people? New gig?

don't twist things please.i don't want to waste time with you.

55 minutes ago, matthewh said:

it aint the best,but catering for 300.i find that remarkable.currently doing my breakfasts for next week."bubble and squeak,bangers etc".i have limited time in the mornings.the best airline offerings ive had were on Singapore airlines.emirates were ok.where was yours.?

30 minutes ago, Admin-J said:

Sorry, you’re doing breakfasts for 300 people? New gig?

Good luck with the new venture mate.

• Thumbs up 2

1 minute ago, Al McReady said:

Good luck with the new venture mate.

the airlines do.i find that amazing.usually good grub.

• Like 1

The best I thought was strangely Air India. All Indian based but delicious. What made it better was I am a bit of a plane nerd and was chatting to a steward about the new/newish Dreamliner we were on, every time he walked past me he put two cans of Heineken and a gin and tonic on my tray. I walked off the plane with half a dozen gin miniatures in my pocket.

Even the connection in Mumbai was civilised. I would fly with them again but Emirates always come out cheaper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tj916 said:

Was that business class?

nope, business class u got a plastic cup....

as an aside the flight to bucharest was an ilushyn (sic) based on a bac 1-11, had british rail style luggage racks, and quote 'due to the advance design of this aircraft no oxygen masks are necessary'

i swapped slurps of mekong for cups of coffee at bucharest whilst waiting for london connection.

16 minutes ago, TommySmith said:

nope, business class u got a plastic cup....

as an aside the flight to bucharest was an ilushyn (sic) based on a bac 1-11, had british rail style luggage racks, and quote 'due to the advance design of this aircraft no oxygen masks are necessary'

i swapped slurps of mekong for cups of coffee at bucharest whilst waiting for london connection.

ive travelled eva air business class.the food was just ok,and nothing special.on a plane at 33000 it was good enough ,for the facilities they had.

Had some great meals on planes when lucky enough to be sitting up front.

ANA departing Japan has excellent food.  EVA Air chinese breakfast is good. THAI airways Royal First is a great experience. 

2 hours ago, TommySmith said:

guess i'm not as bored as you, i just assumed you were talking about this current thread.

A troll trolling a troll .. pure gold 🇬🇧

• Thumbs up 1

17 hours ago, mulphy said:

i dont eat on planes really .

very seldom at best .

Me either and if I do I take my own sandwich - best I have from the plane is a cup of tea, never touch a tray of food, never seen anything remotely id like to eat. 

15 hours ago, Paul Chonburi said:

Airline food generally me heave, have a good meal before I get on the plane 

Swampy I head straight to Burger King, usually sets me up for the flight

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

2 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Me either and if I do I take my own sandwich - best I have from the plane is a cup of tea, never touch a tray of food, never seen anything remotely id like to eat. 

I'd eat wrapped food, e.g., crackers, etc. before I'd drink the coffee or tea or even water served by some airlines from sources you cannot see like bottles.

Folks tend to obsess about food cleanliness but it's the water that tends to get most.

And once you see some jackass put their feet on a tray table after they walk shoeless to those loos that make the average Thai Bar hong nahm smell fresh or change a baby's diapers on one; eating off a tray table on a plane can make you think.

• Like 1