Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

pattaya isnt expensive,people just have less money

25 minutes ago, john42 said:

The value for money re exchange rate has pushed some to go elsewhere. But still OK for what you get.

There’s not a chance it will go back to anywhere near what it was. Culture wise or exchange rate. It’s evolved as has the currency.

The days of love letters from a wooden hut are gone. Some of these brass are flying in private jets.

7 minutes ago, Admin-J said:

There’s not a chance it will go back to anywhere near what it was. Culture wise or exchange rate. It’s evolved as has the currency.

The days of love letters from a wooden hut are gone. Some of these brass are flying in private jets.

One of my favorite books from the 80's

BigHoney.jpg

• Thumbs up 1

7 minutes ago, vpi78 said:

One of my favorite books from the 80's

BigHoney.jpg

Read that , ‘Lady of Issan ‘ is a great read ...

Just now, Parky said:

Read that , ‘Lady of Issan ‘ is a great read ...

Yep, there are ten or so like that, Private Dancer, etc., which should be read before anyone buys a house ... unless of course it was always just a write-off.

• Thumbs up 1

45 minutes ago, john42 said:

The value for money re exchange rate has pushed some to go elsewhere. But still OK for what you get.

john the pound is significantly down v every major currency in the world .

for example a guy gets 40 b for his pound in thailand and says fuck that im going to the philippines and i ll get 76 for me pound .

guess what 76 in the philippines is worth .

40 b .

so it makes little difference changing destination .

• Thumbs up 1

2 minutes ago, mulphy said:

for example a guy gets 40 b for his pound in thailand and says fuck that im going to the philippines and i ll get 76 for me pound .

40 b .

It’s just the usual Thai bashing , the £ is very low against all major currencies add in the baht strong ..

2006 was $2 to the £ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mulphy said:

40 b .

Yes but some places are cheaper than Thailand

1 hour ago, Admin-J said:

Those days went back in the seventies really. Just another country where still can have a good time but Farang ( especialy in Pattaya) viewed as sex tourists or sexpats.

36 minutes ago, john42 said:

none that i know of .

you may or may not know i travel a lot and always in south east asia .

im looking for a pattaya type experience when i travel .

cant say ive found it .

phnom penh and angeles city would be closest but about a 100 th of the size of entertainment in both compared to pattaya .

neither are cheaper either .

both used to be but not any longer .

yes you might get a cheaper beer one place , or a cheaper barfine in another or a cheaper hotel in another or cheaper food in another but all in pretty much the same cost for your holidays in each destination .

given pattaya blows both places away the value lies in pattaya  .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

26 minutes ago, mulphy said:

none that i know of .

cant say ive found it .

phnom penh and angeles city would be closest but about a 100 th of the size of entertainment in both compared to pattaya .

yes you might get a cheaper beer one place , or a cheaper barfine in another or a cheaper hotel in another or cheaper food in another but all in pretty much the same cost for your holidays in each destination .

Factor in visa changes and financial requirements,  other places that expats want to retire cheaply do compete. I am happy to visit but long term, for those who want it, Thailand is more of a challenge financially. Just hearing reports and experiences of others.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, john42 said:

Where ?  You have never been to Phillipines   or Vietnam , Cambodia , Singapore ...  You are quoting  rubbish you read online as always ... 

33 minutes ago, mulphy said:

none that i know of .

cant say ive found it .

Sums it up ,  but you are debating with a guy who reads and quotes  what he reads on forums  or some idiotic sex case tells him ... 

9 minutes ago, john42 said:

Factor in visa changes and financial requirements,  other places that expats want to retire cheaply do compete. I am happy to visit but long term, for those who want it, Thailand is more of a challenge financially. Just hearing reports and experiences of others.

No visa changes for over 50s,  you need money to retire so whats the issue ...  "Other places " where ?   ,  you really don't know anything about Thailand .. That you are scared of spending  money does not mean all people are .... Will you take your money in your coffin ? 55555

7 minutes ago, john42 said:

no visa changes for me john since i turned 50 .

no visa changes for me since i got married to a thai .

no visa change for me since i became the father of a child born in thailand to a thai .

no visa changes for me as a business owner since i opened a thai ltd company .

all of these categories get me a visa its just a matter of which one i chose .

monetary requirements havent changed in all my years here .

4 minutes ago, mulphy said:

no visa change for me since i became the father of a child born in thailand to a thai .

No visa changes for me exactly the same ,  I need to bring on more £ to have the same lifestyle  , so what its out of my control  who is even bothered just make more than  you need .... That equation has never altered  ...

Baby Boomers  whining about exchange  rates , you really cant make  it up .. a 66 year old man who has lived in the easiest age to make money , whining about exchange rates ,  the cry of success .... 🤣

1 hour ago, mulphy said:

Yes but some don't and never did meet the requirements. The visa runs etc.. For these people it has changed.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, john42 said:

Yes but some don't and never did meet the requirements. The visa runs etc.. For these people it has changed.

What people ?  you talk dog 🐕 shit as well as eat it 🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, john42 said:

they are not here anymore mate .

20 minutes ago, mulphy said:

they are not here anymore mate .

The demise of the £ chased a few away ,   many guys would visit  2 or 3 times a year now its one ....   

• Thumbs up 1

I prefer to look at value for money as opposed to simply expense. Pattaya is very hard to beat for many things we like, especially for a holiday trip to bars, restaurants, decent hotels, massages, live bands, trips to the islands like Koh samet and of course the obligatory visit to the amazing Gogos. 

• Thumbs up 2

1 hour ago, cheetzie said:

I prefer to look at value for money as opposed to simply expense. Pattaya is very hard to beat for many things we like, especially for a holiday trip to bars, restaurants, decent hotels, massages, live bands, trips to the islands like Koh samet and of course the obligatory visit to the amazing Gogos. 

The reason many old pensioners won’t spend money is  they are stuck in the past , 10 years ago was this was  that ...

• Thumbs up 1

9 hours ago, cheetzie said:

You know how to enjoy yourself  here ,  it puzzles me seeing the  moaning and groaning  there are so many options in how to spend your time here , some a nice few quid others are peanuts  .....  I think the moans  comes down to personal circumstances  a few rinse ups , bumped of the flight , realising  his girl never loved him .... Has to be lots of reasons ,  but UK v Thailand ..... 

• Thumbs up 1

7 minutes ago, vpi78 said:

idiots.jpg

Ain't that the truth ...  :) 

2 hours ago, vpi78 said:

idiots.jpg

Married with Children, old time classic TV.