Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
john42

Are material posessions important to you?

Looking back having a good car, camera, hifi, clothes etc  seemed very important especially in my twenties and thirties. These days although I have spent a fair bit on the house, and tech stuff those things that were so important to have don't seem to matter so much. 

• Haha 1

You were like that as the system had you ....., pay your tax keep buying shit you don’t need ... never retire etc.. 

You were thinking about letting your house and living here , you asked ‘What about my stuff ‘ sling it I told you ... CDs , records etc .. just stuff ... 

If it anchors you it’s like a wife you don’t like , no good ... Get living John , you seem to think about the past so much and do nothing with the present ...

You wrote on here ‘Some people get pleasure looking at a bank book ‘ I can’t see how nor do I know any people , money is worth nothing till it’s used ... enjoy your life enjoy your lifestyle .., 

You sound very lost John , why look back 40 years .. do something today 😎

The way you live your life it’s as though you are scared to do anything , so you do nothing ... Except get burnt by women 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, ronnie dutchpride said:

Never had a nice car 

Not interested 

I had company cars , never interested me a car is a utility ... now bikes 🏍 lol they are toys ... that’s different IMHO 

But I appreciate some people live cars etc .. 

17 minutes ago, Parky said:

You were like that as the system had you ....., pay your tax keep buying shit you don’t need ... never retire etc.. 

You were thinking about letting your house and living here , you asked ‘What about my stuff ‘ sling it I told you ... CDs , records etc .. just stuff ... 

If it anchors you it’s like a wife you don’t like , no good ... Get living John , you seem to think about the past so much and do nothing with the present ...

You wrote on here ‘Some people get pleasure looking at a bank book ‘ I can’t see how nor do I know any people , money is worth nothing till it’s used ... enjoy your life enjoy your lifestyle .., 

You sound very lost John , why look back 40 years .. do something today 😎

The way you live your life it’s as though you are scared to do anything , so you do nothing ... Except get burnt by women 🤣🤣🤣

Turning a purely general thread into a personal attack on someone is why so many left this forum over the years. Alex is the person who loses.

• Confused 1

I don’t care for the latest gadgets as I barely use the ones I have. My car although a 2016 model is a VW Polo, it’s reliable and comfortable that’s all that matters, fancy clothes are for women.

Money and wealth don’t impress me. I’ve met many a millionaire in Pattaya (most of whom I think are talking out of their arse) and quite frankly they were either boring or scum who got their money cheating or deceiving others.

• Thumbs up 1

44 minutes ago, john42 said:

Turning a purely general thread into a personal attack on someone is why so many left this forum over the years. Alex is the person who loses.

John it’s not a personal attack  , you do those towards me time and time again ... Where is the attack ? Saying you get burnt by women ? Surely you can take that you say far worse to me ..

Its not general you said about yourself , there are lots like you which try to live ‘How you should ‘ whatever that is .. That you can’t accept that is your issue ... 

As an example look how Muslims , West Indians and Africans treat women... That you are unable to see a difference, perhaps wonder if you have been sold a concept is your issue ..,

Ali said if a man thinks the same at 20 as he does at 50 he has wasted 30 years ... 

Saying you seem lost and get living is hardly personal, I just quoted things you have said... eg Bank book hence my view you seem lost ... 

Feedback is not an attack , saying get living is not an attack ... 

6 minutes ago, Parky said:

John it’s not a personal attack  , you do those towards me time and time again ... Where is the attack ? Saying you get burnt by women ? Surely you can take that you say far worse to me ..

Its not general you said about yourself , there are lots like you which try to live ‘How you should ‘ whatever that is .. That you can’t accept that is your issue ... 

As an example look how Muslims , West Indians and Africans treat women... That you are unable to see a difference, perhaps wonder if you have been sold a concept is your issue ..,

Ali said if a man thinks the same at 20 as he does at 50 he has wasted 30 years ... 

Saying you seem lost and get living is hardly personal, I just quoted things you have said... eg Bank book hence my view you seem lost ... 

Feedback is not an attack , saying get living is not an attack ... 

Probably better if you ignore my threads and posts. 

31 minutes ago, john42 said:

Probably better if you ignore my threads and posts. 

John it’s a forum , discussion board ... 

If a person has rigid views , others views can upset them as they are forced to look at their choices or in many cases ‘Societies’ choices ... 

You also state you spent a fair bit on electronic stuff , where is the change ? 

Its a good subject , let it flow ... rather than try to control who inputs ... That’s not a good sign from you .. 90% of your posts are attacks on me .. so there won’t be ignoring of them that’s a fact ... 

Stop whining and let it run ..

Ali 74 below ...

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 18.54.44.png

1 hour ago, davethailand said:

I always stay pretty up to date with phones etc but they are normally on contract so I'm not really treating myself.

When I lost my parents I treated myself to a new car, kept it for a year then got shot of it, Now I'm a bit more sensible.

But if I'm to be honest if I had the money spare I'd probably buy more shit as well as spend a bit on the house.

As Parky said bikes are toys and even the wife has given in to the fact that if we move to Thailand i will be getting another big bike.

:)

Good for you re car 🚘 you wanted it did it moved on ... as the say it’s only money 💰 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don’t care for the latest gadgets as I barely use the ones I have. My car although a 2016 model is a VW Polo, it’s reliable and comfortable that’s all that matters, fancy clothes are for women.

Money and wealth don’t impress me. I’ve met many a millionaire in Pattaya (most of whom I think are talking out of their arse) and quite frankly they were either boring or scum who got their money cheating or deceiving others.

Yes lots own IT companies , dodging rounds and 99 baht roasts 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Parky said:

Yes lots own IT companies , dodging rounds and 99 baht roasts 🤣🤣

Some eejit sat boring the trunks off me about all his money. I knew he was full of the brown stuff and finished my drink went to check bin and he done the same. His bin was 700b and he started kicking off and threatening to smash the place up. Laughable.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Some eejit sat boring the trunks off me about all his money. I knew he was full of the brown stuff and finished my drink went to check bin and he done the same. His bin was 700b and he started kicking off and threatening to smash the place up. Laughable.

They are unreal , millionaires living in 3000 baht rooms , knowing where the 20 baht coffee is 🤣🤣

One was chatting to a girl in Bamboo for half hour , he never took her she went made your waste my time ‘ the dyed hair lothario thought he was pulling a bird 🤣🤣

Another millionaire ran out of a visa shop when 12k was quoted 😂😂😂

I've not got a lavish life style as some, not my thing, I do like for convenience having 2 cars, one hardly moves just sits outside the house, but for £20 a year road tax, it can stay there, stops the halfwits from parking on the grass verge (a pet hate of mine ). Not bothered with new phones while the old one works that does for me, still on a ropey Samsung S6, my indulgence is traveling, that I am greedy of, tomorrow is promised to no one, live for today, things are just that things, I'm jealous of no one who has more than i do

• Like 2

Just now, Baldylocks said:

I've not got a lavish life style as some, not my thing, I do like for convenience having 2 cars, one hardly moves just sits outside the house, but for £20 a year road tax, it can stay there, stops the halfwits from parking on the grass verge (a pet hate of mine ). Not bothered with new phones while the old one works that does for me, still on a ropey Samsung S6, my indulgence is traveling, that I am greedy of, tomorrow is promised to no one, live for today, things are just that things, I'm jealous of no one who has more than i do

Nailed it , I had a health scare 9 years ago and 3 .. as you just have .. It’s great you indulge your passion for travelling... as you say no one is assured of tomorrow 😊

Keep well mate 

• Thumbs up 1

Says it all ,  but life is funny we can really enjoy our work ... is it as it’s all we know and our value system at the time ? I enjoyed lots of my working life , looking back it seems odd 🤣🤣 Always learning 😊
7253AA13-6FFE-4A9F-A9A4-9E6335CCD365.png

I have a good phone,for work reasons. I have a reliable car and a nice home.thats all im interested in.

• Thumbs up 1

2 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Bad news for those who are, as there will always be somebody better off and worse off than yourself. More often than not those who strive for something and get it usually still end up dissatisfied. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davethailand said:

I always stay pretty up to date with phones etc but they are normally on contract so I'm not really treating myself.

When I lost my parents I treated myself to a new car, kept it for a year then got shot of it, Now I'm a bit more sensible.

But if I'm to be honest if I had the money spare I'd probably buy more shit as well as spend a bit on the house.

As Parky said bikes are toys and even the wife has given in to the fact that if we move to Thailand i will be getting another big bike.

Boys need toys. Its something to get excited about and look forward to. Todays gizmo is often yesterdays junk.

Here's what I think...Mobile phones and especially contracts have always been a source of amusement to me. People pay £50 - £60 or more per month for phones they walk down the street holding, or plonk down on a pub or restaurant table that shouts out look at me look at my phone! It's got bells whistles take multi pics that i never look at again, calls are in stereo and texts in 3D. Alas my old Blu has calls in mono only, texts in SD, altho both unlimited and only 1gb of data of which I use less than half. BT charge me a fiver a month which I find is cool.Oh it does take pics when needed, rarely.

Messed about on a bike when I was a lad, loved the smell of Castrol R in the mornings, but decided semi-rural Lancashire cobbles not conducive to biking. Have to admit that when I motor to the West Coast or up to The Great Glen I do admire the multitude of bikes one sees these days.

I suppose my car is my one possession that could be described as materialistic, but my prized bit of kit has to be the Tag cutters that enable me to move about undetected, the cat like his new collar so a double bonus.

I suppose in the end one man's luxury is another's necessity......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TommySmith said:

Here's what I think...Mobile phones and especially contracts have always been a source of amusement to me. People pay £50 - £60 or more per month for phones they walk down the street holding, or plonk down on a pub or restaurant table that shouts out look at me look at my phone! It's got bells whistles take multi pics that i never look at again, calls are in stereo and texts in 3D. Alas my old Blu has calls in mono only, texts in SD, altho both unlimited and only 1gb of data of which I use less than half. BT charge me a fiver a month which I find is cool.Oh it does take pics when needed, rarely.

Messed about on a bike when I was a lad, loved the smell of Castrol R in the mornings, but decided semi-rural Lancashire cobbles not conducive to biking. Have to admit that when I motor to the West Coast or up to The Great Glen I do admire the multitude of bikes one sees these days.

I suppose my car is my one possession that could be described as materialistic, but my prized bit of kit has to be the Tag cutters that enable me to move about undetected, the cat like his new collar so a double bonus.

my I phone costs 25 quid a month,unlimited calls and texts.i can use it to take work photos etc and email them,all on the phone.a bargain really and I get it back on the tax.

5 hours ago, Parky said:

Good for you re car 🚘 you wanted it did it moved on ... as the say it’s only money 💰 

I had it on the drip lol I couldn't afford to buy outright. 😀

I did sell it and clear off the finance and walk away owing nothing though 

• Thumbs up 2

4 hours ago, TommySmith said:

Next May I am getting a new garage built for 17k number of people who have told me " why waste money" but it's important to me.  Phone,car etc short term pleasure. Newness soon wears off.

Used to be.Did the car thing,the spur of the moment flash holidays or weekends away, clothes, watches etc etc.If I saw something I thought I wanted,I bought it.No thought just buy.
Many years ago I went out to top end supermarket here.In  lobby of the shopping center,downtown Orchard road,there was a stand with a guy playing a piano
.It was a music shop doing a promo  offering lessons and various musical instruments .For what ever reason the sound  coming from this guy playing just completely encapsulated me and I promptly went to the sales guy and bought the piano.After it was delivered I paid for lessons.Went to one ,went home to practice, and never went back and never attempted to play it again.Just sat there in my living room .Sold it years later for next to nothing.Never made it to the supermarket that day either.
With a family much more sensible  over the last 14 years .Still travel up the front even with the family these days when flying, but all the bells and whistles I don't do anymore.Family well being and future comes first.

• Like 3