Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
john42

Are material posessions important to you?

3 hours ago, john42 said:

Next May I am getting a new garage built for 17k number of people who have told me " why waste money" but it's important to me.  Phone,car etc short term pleasure. Newness soon wears off.

Some people’s passion is a car RJ bought a terrific Merc and is happy with it , refurbishing an old garage is nothing to get exited about IMHO ... But each to their own .. 

Love cars bikes and gadgets if I had the money well I would have loads if Im honest as well as a big pad on the darkside and a condo in Jomtien

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, buffalo said:

Love cars bikes and gadgets if I had the money well I would have loads if Im honest as well as a big pad on the darkside and a condo in Jomtien

If it makes you happy mate good for you 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parky said:

Some people’s passion is a car RJ bought a terrific Merc and is happy with it , refurbishing an old garage is nothing to get exited about IMHO ... But each to their own .. 

New build and big. I have a Passat which I have owned for 13 years still drives the same. Why change?

19 minutes ago, john42 said:

New build and big. I have a Passat which I have owned for 13 years still drives the same. Why change?

New build ? You said you had a  garage ? 

As I say RJ loves his Merc really enjoys it as he does his bikes , each to their own you said some people enjoy looking at their bank book , I can’t see how that’s fun but takes all sorts . you were saying you may get a £2k bike but never wanted to make a mistake... 

Some people are unable to spend money , others unable to keep it or make it ... 

There are to assurances on ones death bed no one ever said they are happy they spent more time in office , the other being happy they left money ‘Unless it’s to family or someone they love ‘ 

17 minutes ago, Parky said:

New build ? You said you had a  garage ? 

As I say RJ loves his Merc really enjoys it as he does his bikes , each to their own you said some people enjoy looking at their bank book , I can’t see how that’s fun but takes all sorts . you were saying you may get a £2k bike but never wanted to make a mistake... 

Some people are unable to spend money , others unable to keep it or make it ... 

There are to assurances on ones death bed no one ever said they are happy they spent more time in office , the other being happy they left money ‘Unless it’s to family or someone they love ‘ 

Taking old one down and replacing with bigger one. Not fun but will get a bike once built. Many clubs around here.

2 minutes ago, john42 said:

Taking old one down and replacing with bigger one. Not fun but will get a bike once built. Many clubs around here.

Go for it , the biking season not long in UK 🇬🇧 but it’s worth doing ... you can’t take a penny to your grave 😗

Just now, Parky said:

Go for it , the biking season not long in UK 🇬🇧 but it’s worth doing ... you can’t take a penny to your grave 😗

Can bike any day of the year. Cold weather not an issue for me walking, cycling or biking. The heat is though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, john42 said:

Can bike any day of the year. Cold weather not an issue for me walking, cycling or biking. The heat is though.

Lol yes in snow and ice great biking , torrential freezing rain , sand and salt on roads ... 

Any day of the year 😀😅 Your reason for not buying the Enfield was ‘Will be October soon winter ‘ lol 

Classic stuff 😀😀

48 minutes ago, Parky said:

Lol yes in snow and ice great biking , torrential freezing rain , sand and salt on roads ... 

Any day of the year 😀😅 Your reason for not buying the Enfield was ‘Will be October soon winter ‘ lol 

Classic stuff 😀😀

What snow? Nothing here, a couple of days over the last five years lol

11 minutes ago, john42 said:

What snow? Nothing here, a couple of days over the last five years lol

What snow lol... want rain lol of yes couple of days over the last 5 years ... what  frost 🤣🤣🤣

What storms , what floods ... lol 🤣🤣

Riding every day 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cold does not bother you ? sell your heating system then 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes they are.

I dont see the point of not having nice things if you can afford them and then not cosidering them important. For example, I wouldn't be happy if someone damaged or stole any of the things I own because I worked and saved for them and at some oint they gave me pleasure. I still remember the feeling I would get driving my first car, how proud I was that Id got a set of wheels. I love the idea of buying something nice, doing the research and comparing them to other options and then that, will I/wont I stage,  just before you make the committment.

Love it.

And then afterwards, the post purchase dissonance lol. 

I think the one thing about the stinking rich is they never really value anything.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, Rob Jones said:

Yes they are.

I dont see the point of not having nice things if you can afford them and then not cosidering them important. For example, I wouldn't be happy if someone damaged or stole any of the things I own because I worked and saved for them and at some oint they gave me pleasure. I still remember the feeling I would get driving my first car, how proud I was that Id got a set of wheels. I love the idea of buying something nice, doing the research and comparing them to other options and then that, will I/wont I stage,  just before you make the committment.

Love it.

I think the one thing about the stinking rich is they never really value anything.

Never forget your first car. Remember first bike better Kawasaki 500GPZ twin.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, john42 said:

Never forget your first car. Remember first bike better Kawasaki 500GPZ twin.

Lol on a provisional licence ... Sure ... The first bike you rode  was not a 500 more silly lies ...

2 hours ago, Rob Jones said:

Yes they are.

Love it.

Sure I can see why a person would be happy creating a fund for their family , that said many super rich don’t ... 

We pass through once we should experience what we desire , 

7 minutes ago, Parky said:

Lol on a provisional licence ... Sure ... The first bike you rode  was not a 500 more silly lies ...

Yes it was I didn't have a bike until I passed my test. You have only ridden for a few years....

7 minutes ago, john42 said:

Yes it was I didn't have a bike until I passed my test. You have only ridden for a few years....

So you ride a 125 lol 😂 I passed my test at 17 .. you can see on the licence ... 

The Kawasaki GPZ was an 80’s bike 88 I guess , so I rode way way before you lol 😂 

A few years lol 😂 

When I passed my test I don’t think there were bike schools , provisional them test.. Moped , 250 then test at 17 .. so again more lies , you only started riding at 40 😀😀

4 minutes ago, Parky said:

So you ride a 125 lol 😂 I passed my test at 17 .. you can see on the licence ... 

The Kawasaki GPZ was an 80’s bike 88 I guess , so I rode way way before you lol 😂 

A few years lol 😂 

When I passed my test I don’t think there were bike schools , provisional them test.. Moped , 250 then test at 17 .. so again more lies , you only started riding at 40 😀😀

I rode everyday and rode other bikes at 17. Didn't buy one as could always borrow. You never rode bikes until you arrived in Pattaya.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, john42 said:

I rode everyday and rode other bikes at 17. Didn't buy one as could always borrow. You never rode bikes until you arrived in Pattaya.

Lol 😂 You rode every day , utter lies ... You want a bet who has had a full licence longer and you are older than me ...200,000 for charity... Still have my paper licence but it shows on the plastic one ... I beat you by 10 years minimum... 

Borrow one lol are you for real , no biker would lend you a bike it’s like saying you fuvked a guys wife lol

😀

At times bikers my swop for a ride , but you had nothing to swop ... that comment underlined your knowledge and experience of biking is so small ... 

I could always borrow one 😀😂😂 utter bullshit as always ..

Other bikes 🏍 yes sure I remember being 17 I could not wait to lend my bike to a guy who never had one 😂😂

You are incredible lie after lie , but as you passed at 17 you will take the 200k off me why would you not 😂😂

11-2-76 ... but you passed at 17 you say ,  in 72 then rode every day until you decided to buy a KawasakiGPZ started production in 87 ...  Just checked ..

So from 1972 you borrowed and ride every day ,  what were the people riding when you borrowed their bikes , then after 15 years you bought a bike ...

John you are an absolute  liar ... Embarrassing  you really  are ..  

As an aside you liar ,  you could not even ride the bikes i have ridden let alone do the trips , you are  full of shit  .... You don't have the balls .... You know it and I know it ...  Done 820k in one day have you ?  You are a guy who was bored in his marriage  so started biking ,  you never rode a moped,  as kids we would ride old bikes over woods  at 16 we all got them , FS1E ,  Comet Cross , SS50 , Puch , Garrelli ....  You see liar ,  drilling down on detail  with you exposes you   ... Then at 17 ,... Suzuki Ram Air 250 ,  Yamaha RD250 , Kawasaki 250  3 cylinder ..     Then like most ,  the bad weather and life moves on ,  but if its in your blood its in your blood ....  Like fishing ... Never rode till Pattaya ... How many people buy a 900cc as a first bike ?? 

So get your 200k out and see who passed his test first ,  you tell such idiotic  lies its not true .... 

I used to worship my first car, it was just a second-hand Toyota Corolla, our relationship went tits up when a salesman in a Ford Scorpio rear-ended me, and the insurance company bodged the repair, when it rained the boot let in water. These days  I like to have a decent phone, but probably my most prized possession is my reading glasses, can't read fook all without them 😰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Chonburi said:

I used to worship my first car, it was just a second-hand Toyota Corolla, our relationship went tits up when a salesman in a Ford Scorpio rear-ended me, and the insurance company bodged the repair, when it rained the boot let in water. These days  I like to have a decent phone, but probably my most prized possession is my reading glasses, can't read fook all without them 😰

I passed  my test in one of them , great cars but rusted a lot ..... lol reading glasses , get with the program  many here squint and say they don't need them ...

19 minutes ago, Parky said:

I passed  my test in one of them , great cars but rusted a lot ..... lol reading glasses , get with the program  many here squint and say they don't need them ...

i see people in restaurants here holding the phones right up to their faces trying to read an incoming message, some phones have a zoom function, or i screenshot the message and zoom in on the photo. I know not to take my glasses with me when i go bar-hopping, they would soon end up broken.......

• Haha 1

Just now, Paul Chonburi said:

i see people in restaurants here holding the phones right up to their faces trying to read an incoming message, some phones have a zoom function, or i screenshot the message and zoom in on the photo. I know not to take my glasses with when i go bar-hopping, they would soon end up broken.......

A mate of mine hold his phone one inch from his eyes :)  he seems to get dodgy bins also ,  I don't get why people who need glasses wont wear  them ? Also contact lenses ,  super sight etc.

A good lad who was a member here has had an eye infection through  contact lenses ,  he is being sorted  out but sounds  evil he had a new cornea fitted from a dead person ..

I remember when I just needed readers , off and on its a pain ... I need them all the time now so  i store them on my nose and ears ......One of my mates needs glasses ,  he hardly  brings them .. Then ordering food "Can I borrow your glasses "  !!!! I am  raging lol ... So I But a pair war a pair but don't have them !!!   

5 minutes ago, Parky said:

A mate of mine hold his phone one inch from his eyes :)  he seems to get dodgy bins also ,  I don't get why people who need glasses wont wear  them ? Also contact lenses ,  super sight etc.

A good lad who was a member here has had an eye infection through  contact lenses ,  he is being sorted  out but sounds  evil he had a new cornea fitted from a dead person ..

I remember when I just needed readers , off and on its a pain ... I need them all the time now so  i store them on my nose and ears ......One of my mates needs glasses ,  he hardly  brings them .. Then ordering food "Can I borrow your glasses "  !!!! I am  raging lol ... So I But a pair war a pair but don't have them !!!   

chatted to a few people here who have had eye surgery, but there was a story of one person who was blinded as well, imagine walking the streets of Pattaya blind 😳, gaping holes everywhere etc............. having said that in Pattaya a few people are blind to whats going on around them 🤔

• Thumbs up 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Chonburi said:

chatted to a few people here who have had eye surgery, but there was a story of one person who was blinded as well, imagine walking the streets of Pattaya blind 😳, gaping holes everywhere etc............. having said that in Pattaya a few people are blind to whats going on around them 🤔

Yes a mate of mine had a lens put on wrong way , terrible  problems ... I know a few who say its great and been a success ... I could  not have contact  lenses too much messing  ,  the thought of a person digging in my eyes re laser is not for me .. I will be Bertie 4 eyes ,  the good thing no one hits a guy with glasses ....  As I ride bikes a lot you ned eye protection anyway .... I felt it would be a pain ,  but its no big deal ...  I know some won't wear due to ego ... I don't care I want the best eyesight i can have ....