Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Paul1970

The Great British Chippy ????

Guest Paul1970

Just been reading a thread on TV regarding Fish and Chips in Pattaya and the chippy on Soi Khao Noi is being slated on the thread. I have tried the place a few times and I must say in general the food has been a dissapointment on nearly every occasion. My thai missus was with me once and when she saw what was given me as chips her comment was it looks like fried mash potato :p

On the TV thread they also mentioned they have started doing Kebabs, below is a pic of the kebab the guy had and also a pic of fish and chips another poster, chips look fine but :wtf: has happened to the rest of the stuff on the plate ?

My verdict is that it's a big miss, sorry guys but your going to have to do batter than that to have my custom.

post-2011-1236611697.jpg

post-2011-1236611921.jpg

Guest siege

Where's the fish?

Please don't tell me the fish is in the last pic.

Guest Paul1970
Where's the fish?

Please don't tell me the fish is in the last pic.

Yep the fish is in the last pic, two things amazes me about that pic, the first is that the gaff would actually serve that to someone and secondly it appears the guy did try to eat it :p

Guest Wiggy

What kind of meat was in the donner ? was it compressed lamb like you get in the UK ?

Guest Paul1970

^Feck knows but it don't look like proper donner meat, looks more like corned beef to me.

Guest SpicyMartin

What's all that black stuff on the two plates with the chips?

Guest Paul1970

Depends if you mean the batter or the mushy peas :p Maybe thats why this side of town is known as the Darkside :wtf:

Guest Khaotom

I think that's the moooshy peas all the Northern Monkeys rave about..... :p

Guest Parkwahn
Both those meals looked a f**ken disgrace.

Poggle now they dont :rotflmao: They look a damn site worse ... whose the chef Stevie Wonder ?

Guest poggle
Poggle now they dont :rotflmao: They look a damn site worse ... whose the chef Stevie Wonder ?

True.

I can cook, maybe not professionally, but f**ken good. Occasionally, especially when unable to stand, or maybe fall off a bar stool, I can make some screamers, but never in my worst, most f**ked up state of unconsciousness could I make something as poxy as that, let alone f**ken sell it.

Guest Paul1970

Sa has anyone had any positive experiences from here ? Seems not :p

Guest markib

Looks rank to me,i remember a few years back another chippy on khao noi he was a geordie as he made clear when i was ranting about the shit he had just served me after waiting 35 mins for sausage and chips his fish looked the same as that shite,as i am from newcastle he thought i would be ok,he lasted not long either

Guest galee

I posted my experience there when they first opened seems like it has not improved. :p

Lucky I didn't bother going back for the free meal that was offered in compensation for this crap which I was sold. :p

Plated

As it came

The bits I could not eat

My wife is not a chef and has only been cooking western food a few years but hers was a damn site better and a fraction of the cost

Guest DANMOODY

Its funny how everyone slagged Simons fish and chip shop in Jontiem and now the knives are out for the only other chippy in Pattaya it was only a few months back when this chip shop opened and it was going to be the saviour of Pattaya.

Guest Paul1970
Its funny how everyone slagged Simons fish and chip shop in Jontiem and now the knives are out for the only other chippy in Pattaya it was only a few months back when this chip shop opened and it was going to be the saviour of Pattaya.

If the writing on the tin represented the product on over the thread would be full of praise as Pattaya does need a good British Chippy but this is obviousley not up to scratch and it has been open probably 6 months already so any teething troubles should have been sorted by now IMO.

I still wait with baited breath to see if we get any good reports on the gaff.

Guest nookiebear

Well there certainly looks to be an opening for the new F&C shops that are muted to be opening around Pattaya soon!!!!!!

Guest Paul1970
I posted my experience there when they first opened seems like it has not improved. :p

Lucky I didn't bother going back for the free meal that was offered in compensation for this crap which I was sold. ;)

Plated

As it came

You look like you got lucky as least yours looks semi palatable but the pics in the OP and from Fondles are fooking horrendous and beyond beleive how even Thai staff could serve up something looking like that :p

Guest Paul1970
Well there certainly looks to be an opening for the new F&C shops that are muted to be opening around Pattaya soon!!!!!!

Hopefully it will happen but at the moment it still looks like that a good fish and chip shop is something that can't be found in Pattaya :p

Guest galee

f**k sake Dan 2 wrongs don't make a right :p

:p

Guest Paul1970
:p

post-7-1236650238.jpg

post-7-1236650230.jpg

FFS mate, I wanted pics of the grub before it was digested not after it had passed through your system ya dirty fecker :p

Guest poggle

f**k me, it's not as if it's hard. There are probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of fish and chip shops serving up a decent meal.

The fryers are temperature controlled-there is no excuse for burning the fish. The chips, well, they're cheap, poxy frozen ones.

It's down to the slack cunts who are doing the cooking not giving a f**k.

I've also notices that nobody in Pattaya double fries the chips to get them crispy.

When I think of where I used to live, be it N. Ireland, Scotland or England, a good chippy was a licence to print money. Why someone can't get it right in Patts is beyone me, because they'd be minted.

Guest Paul1970
The fryers are temperature controlled-there is no excuse for burning the fish.

There shouldn't be B)

The chips, well, they're cheap, poxy frozen ones.

Actually they do use proper potatoes, while thai potatoes can make nice tasting chips they are difficult to get consistently crispy chips out of them.

It's down to the slack cunts who are doing the cooking not giving a f**k.

I would have to agree, there's no excuse for serving up the fish in the OP or in Fondles post, you can't blame thais for that as surely even a thai can see that the food is burnt :no:

I've also notices that nobody in Pattaya double fries the chips to get them crispy.

My missus does :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why someone can't get it right in Patts is beyone me

me too :confused:

Guest Bigleg

I do but it's near on impossible to get the variety of potato available here to stay crispy for more than a minute. I've tried every way I can think/find, none works.