Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Paul1970

Uno getting some high praise on Thai Visa

Guest Paul1970

Some good praise for Uno on TV

Uno praise linky

"I have, however, had the beef stew, and, while it was OK, I don't rate it as highly as, for example, the Irish/beef stew at Cafe Uno, which is excellent."

Uno praise linky 2

"Among those 5, I can find virtually every type of food that I like, as they all excel for at least a couple of menu items. I will have to say that I think the best chef, in terms of a quality and variety combination, is Craig, the owner/chef at Cafe Uno. He has Italian, Indian, English, and American items that are all excellent! "

I am a member of 4 boards and I think Uno has been mentioned on them all and the only negative comment I can remember came from this board.

I have only eaten at Uno's once but the 3 of us had different meals and the were all top quality, even my Thai missus who has been a cook for 20 odd years was impressed and that doesn't happen to often.

Guest Kolobos

Cafe Uno deserves all the praise it can get IMO, top food at great prices and I am sure Bigleg would appreciate the upturn in custom that the praise could bring. :)

Guest Kolobos
I am a member of 4 boards and I think Uno has been mentioned on them all and the only negative comment I can remember came from this board.

What do you expect if your missus gets pissed up and leaves your food to stand for half hour or so hey :):)

Guest galee
Cafe Uno deserves all the praise it can get IMO, top food at great prices and I am sure Bigleg would appreciate the upturn in custom that the praise could bring. :)

Just came back from having Sunday lunch at Cafe Uno, a packed out house and a sell out before 2.30pm.

I had the chicken dinner a nice half a chicken and nicely cooked good veg.

I think it's bought in pre cooked chicken but very tasty none the less, it's a shame Craig doesn't have a big oven as I'm sure he could do a better roast chicken.

He did get a kick up the ass today for serving that packet crap Bisto gravy cant bloody stand it as it's full of MSG which I'm allergic to.Craig's home made gravy is the business and I wish he would go back to making it :)

All in all a very good 8/10 Galee rating :teehee:

Guest Fondles

Gotta say i float around all the Usual forums and as mentioned above, P-L is the only forum where Uno has received less than savoury Praise which is unjustified IMHO.

Real credit to Bigleg and his staff for all the glowing reviews Uno is getting Kudo's mate, lets hope more people vote with their feet, you deserve the custom.

What do you expect if your missus gets pissed up and leaves your food to stand for half hour or so hey :thumbsup::o

untrue comment .

Guest Parkwahn
Just came back from having Sunday lunch at Cafe Uno, a packed out house and a sell out before 2.30pm.

I think it's bought in pre cooked chicken but very tasty none the less, it's a shame Craig doesn't have a big oven as I'm sure he could do a better roast chicken.

He did get a kick up the ass today for serving that packet crap Bisto gravy cant bloody stand it as it's full of MSG which I'm allergic to.Craig's home made gravy is the business and I wish he would go back to making it :thumbsup:

All in all a very good 8/10 Galee rating :o

As a follower of your culinery reports am I safe to say the food was superior than the Chines gaff on Chompoon ?

Guest Bigleg

He did get a kick up the ass today for serving that packet crap Bisto gravy cant bloody stand it as it's full of MSG which I'm allergic to.Craig's home made gravy is the business and I wish he would go back to making it :thumbsup:

All in all a very good 8/10 Galee rating :)

Sorry about the Gravy, I was caught totally off guard today as the last few weeks have been quiet so I didn't make enough of anything! Sods law!

And to everyone, thanks for your comments and your continued support, it is very much appreciated. :o

Guest galee
As a follower of your culinery reports am I safe to say the food was superior than the Chines gaff on Chompoon ?

Both restaurants should not even be mentioned in the same sentence :o

There is no comparison whatsoever. :)

I have only ever eaten Cafe Uno's Sunday lunch and Breakfasts which are equally as good,I'm told by many that his other offerings are excellent also and I have only heard a couple of bad comments one was actually on TV but I suspect they came via the Courthouse restaurant as that was praised in the same post,I have eaten in the Courthouse unfortunately I shall never return.

I will have to make an effort to try some other items on the menu especially the Pizza which looks like very good value for money from the pictures on here recently. :thumbsup:

Guest trevor
Both restaurants should not even be mentioned in the same sentence :o

There is no comparison whatsoever. :)

I have only ever eaten Cafe Uno's Sunday lunch and Breakfasts which are equally as good,I'm told by many that his other offerings are excellent also and I have only heard a couple of bad comments one was actually on TV but I suspect they came via the Courthouse restaurant as that was praised in the same post,I have eaten in the Courthouse unfortunately I shall never return.

I will have to make an effort to try some other items on the menu especially the Pizza which looks like very good value for money from the pictures on here recently. :thumbsup:

What time do Cafe Uno open for brekfast ?

Guest Bigleg

^10am at the moment but I have plans to start earlier, staff pending

Guest trevor

when you do post it on here mate, 10am thats lunch time Lol

Guest Fondles

7am would be sweet, only on weekdays though !!!!!

cafe uno has had only one minor complaint on this forum as far as i can see and any business that has only one minor complaint against it cannot be bad .

cafe uno im sure craig will agree gets the vast majority of its business from pattaya-live and rightly so , we are his friends .

excellent breakfasts , great burgers , and great sunday lunches to mention a few .

craig and i have our differences , but i ll not knock him unjustly .

you wont go wrong if you eat at cafe uno .

Guest trevor
7am would be sweet, only on weekdays though !!!!!

yeah that would do me fine

not many places open then, the only one i know is jimmy mac's on soi 6 that opens about 7.15 on school days only

Sorry about the Gravy, I was caught totally off guard today as the last few weeks have been quiet so I didn't make enough of anything! Sods law!

And to everyone, thanks for your comments and your continued support, it is very much appreciated. :teehee:

Cheeky coont :huh: The food at cafe Uno is utter and proper shite. :teehee: I cannot stand those farkin Paninis I hate them. :teehee:

Make sure you have plenty of ingredients when I am in town next so I might gag down several dozen of them. :whistling: :teehee: :(:):blush:

Guest archstanton

on a rare trip to the dark side visited the place the other day and was very impressed.

not expensive esp as a mate picked up the bill but the food was good

Guest trevor

i went in yesterday lunchtime and had pie,chips and peas and it was nice

i will be back

Guest fosterfuzz

cunt wants to sort them eggs out :rolleyes: :whistling: :teehee: :teehee:

top gaff top food and top guy......... :whistling:

If anybody gets over the darkside (east Pattaya) then I do recommend dropping in at Cafe Uno. Very unassuming place with about 6 tables but does great food. He seems famous for his paninnis but his pizzas and indian fayre compare favourably with the best italian and best indians out there. Their Chicken Jalfrezi is the best I have tasted and for the price 195 baht including poppadoms and rice I don't think you could get a better deal anywhere. Have had their tuna melt paninni for 110 baht, personally too much for me but the wife is always happy if I bring a piece home in a doggie bag. If he was located down in walking street or Soi Bukhao I think he would be packed to the rafters everynight, would need more than 6 tables. The boss is Craig, great guy, get down there and try for yourself. Think he delivers aswell.
First you need to know soi Khow Noi...if you are at Central Pattaya road and the Sukhumvit intersection, make a right and merge over to the left lane. Driving down Sukhumvit towards South Pattaya Road, at the SECOND 7-11 (there is one on the left just after the turn...go to the next one), make a left and you will be on Khow Noi. Drive up KN about 1 kilometer. Cafe Uno is on a corner plot on the left side of the street. If you see a sign for Dao Cafe or Noi's Bar, you just passed it.

Well Bigleg, the comments above were added to the Pattaya section of TV. Alright I posted the first one and care of 'MeetJohnDoe' everybody now has excellent directions to your gaff. As these were posted on the 8th May it is every chance that it is our fault that you got hammered for bookings on Sunday. Then again it could just be the 'gravy train' of good chat between friends excelling your culinary skills. Either way you deserve the kudos for what you do.

Guest Paul1970

Bloke darn pub reckons egg problems soon to be sorted :teehee:

Guest MotorMouth

i eat there most days and twice a day several times a week

food is great, would be difficult to fault anything on the menu

i hope craig continues to greater things as the customer base will soar for sure

slip me the tenner later mate :teehee:

Guest Bigleg

Ahhh you guyz :teehee:

Honestly, comments like you've all been so generous to give make it all worth while, a very big thank you to you all.

The café would not be possible without every single one of your custom and your flattering comments both across the forums and word of mouth to people you know, bring in more business than I could ever achieve alone.

Lub you all too mutt

Guest Bigleg
I have always found extreme good perceived value at UNO. Not sure why he doesn't give it a go in bangers where people would appreciate it more and certainly ring the register more.

Always open to suggestions mate, I honestly wouldn't know where to start in a town like Bangers, maybe I should go talk to Bobby and see if he can get a franchise going!! :woot: :teehee: :teehee: