Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elway69

World Cup 2010.

Landon Donovan does have a beautiful kick on corners and free kicks. He's getting the ball in dangerous positions for the US players to score. I like the leadership he is providing.

Thursday's matches

Paraguay v New Zealand Kick-off 15:00 BST

Slovakia v Italy Kick-off 15:00 BST

Cameroon v Netherlands Kick-off 19:30 BST

Denmark v Japan Kick-off 19:30 BST

Wouldn't mind seeing the Italians being whacked by Slovakia.

Could be the next big surprise.

Will Paraguay continue their good form.

Thursday's matches

Paraguay v New Zealand Kick-off 15:00 BST

Slovakia v Italy Kick-off 15:00 BST

Cameroon v Netherlands Kick-off 19:30 BST

Denmark v Japan Kick-off 19:30 BST

Results thus far:

Paraguay 0 - 0 New Zealand

Slovakia 3 - 2 Italy

Wouldn't mind seeing the Italians being whacked by Slovakia.

Could be the next big surprise.

The Italians were "whacked" by another imaginary infraction disallowing a goal, this one an offside call.
Will Paraguay continue their good form.
Didn't see the match, any comments anybody?

No Bruce it was a good call by the linesman, he was a least level, if your `e level your offside!

Wrong, rules changed some time ago. If you are level you are not offside.

BTW I think the Italian was offside, so a good call.

Guest Mr Pastry

I know hardly anything about football but was wondering at what stage in the games do penalty shoot outs come in to decide who wins the match.

Personally I dont have the patience to watch many games all the way through, I just love those shoot outs at the end, when there is a draw.

The replay I saw did not appear to show an offside IMO. The English-language commentator made the comment that Italy could rightly "feel hard done by" over the call.

...Personally I dont have the patience to watch many games all the way through, I just love those shoot outs at the end, when there is a draw.
LOL! I'm quite the opposite, being an American sports fan. Fook me, play overtime, what, ya gotta catch a fookin bus?! I find the sight of two teams banging away at each-others' goalkeepers preposterous. Why not just decide the game on penalties right at the start, first miss loses? Would save endless time. :brickwall: :whistling:

The replay I saw did not appear to show an offside IMO. The English-language commentator made the comment that Italy could rightly "feel hard done by" over the call.

Yesterday there was a ref on Dutch TV who explained it one more time.

When your head, your shoulder or your feet are over the 'offside line' then you are offside.

The Italian was clearly offside with his head.

A very good call by the English linesman.

Guest Mr Pastry
LOL! I'm quite the opposite, being an American sports fan. Fook me, play overtime, what, ya gotta catch a fookin bus?! I find the sight of two teams banging away at each-others' goalkeepers preposterous. Why not just decide the game on penalties right at the start, first miss loses? Would save endless time. :whistling: :brickwall:

Exactly, I would take a lot more interest in that. Over in 15 minutes, no need for 11 overpaid players anymore, and the WC could be done and dusted in less than a week :whistling:

This world cup is just like world war 2: France has surrendered, the Italians are an embarrassment, the USA turned up late, and England is left to fight the Germans!!!!!!

Guest Mr Pastry
This world cup is just like world war 2: France has surrendered, the Italians are an embarrassment, the USA turned up late, and England is left to fight the Germans!!!!!!

what happened to the Japs, did they get A bombed ??

what happened to the Japs, did they get A bombed ??

Not yet.,...they are still hanging in there......

U'll sure find a few still hiding in the Serengeti in 2037.......

Exactly, I would take a lot more interest in that. Over in 15 minutes, no need for 11 overpaid players anymore, and the WC could be done and dusted in less than a week :whistling:
You'd love NHL hockey then. The ENTIRE SEASON is meaningless because virtually every team makes the playoffs! :whistling:

And I suppose that sex to you is a one-minute w*nk with a woman present to receive the muck at the end, and your favorite play is "A Long Minute's Journey Into Night"? :brickwall:

Guest gazza54
Not yet.,...they are still hanging in there......

U'll sure find a few still hiding in the Serengeti in 2037.......

:brickwall: :whistling:

:whistling:

Karma so far as you ask me.

No place for cheating France and Italy into the next round

And I suppose that, like with WWII, the Americans would somehow be to blame if the Brits couldn't handle the Germans on their own? :whistling:

Guest Mr Pastry
You'd love NHL hockey then. The ENTIRE SEASON is meaningless because virtually every team makes the playoffs! :brickwall:

And I suppose that sex to you is a one-minute w*nk with a woman present to receive the muck at the end, and your favorite play is "A Long Minute's Journey Into Night"? :whistling:

I only enjoy one to one contact sports, I treat my women, just like the penalty shoot out, cum straight into the back of the net. then dance around the room, and swap T shirts

Paraguay -New Zealand was a shite game.

There was a coupla Italians watching on the other screen...oooooh the pain.

Goodnight Italy.

And I suppose that, like with WWII, the Americans would somehow be to blame if the Brits couldn't handle the Germans on their own? :whistling:

Naaa...for u lot it will be like Vietnam: u'll be humiliated by Ghana and 40 years later u still be claiming victory...... :brickwall:

I only enjoy one to one contact sports, I treat my women, just like the penalty shoot out, cum straight into the back of the net. then dance around the room, and swap T shirts
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :whistling:

Naaa...for u lot it will be like Vietnam: u'll be humiliated by Ghana and 40 years later u still be claiming victory...... :whistling:
The only way it could be like Vietnam would be if leftist politicians forced us not to come out for the second half, then spent the rest of the time blaming us because the other team was unopposed for the rest of the match. :brickwall:

The only way it could be like Vietnam would be if leftist politicians forced us not to come out for the second half, then spent the rest of the time blaming us because the other team was unopposed for the rest of the match. :whistling:

Rules of football are a tad different.

Game will be suspended and opposition is awarded victory.....

Rules of football are a tad different...etc.
Agreed. Unlike with football, it ain't possible to lose a war you aren't fighting. :whistling:

Game's on, I'm off. Cheers! :brickwall:

Slovakia 3 Italy 2

Paraguay 0 N.Zealand 0

Cameroon 1 Holland 2

Denmark 1 Japan 3.

Tonights games

North Korea v Ivory Coast Kick-off 15:00 BST

Portugal v Brazil Kick-off 15:00 BST

Chile v Spain Kick-off 19:30 BST

Switzerland v Honduras Kick-off 19:30 BST

Spain will have to go after Chile tonight,a draw will see the Chileans go thru.

Switzerland should have it easy against Honduras and may sneak in.

Brazil and Portugal look to have their group sewn up.