Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulphy

The Jolly Friar . New Fish And Chip Shop In Soi Lengkee .

tried the jolly friar last night for fish and chips and can highly recommend it .

i had pacific dory and chips at 160 b and both the fish and the chips were delicious .

its a single unit restuarant near lekatia and the juice . its very well presented in its very clean blue and white decor .

seats 40 .

i think probably the best ive tasted in pattaya , so give it a try .

i have been reading about this shop on shhhh. will definetly give it ago when i arrive next month.

Guest Tripper

160b is a tad exxy, i assume the chips were not of the frozen variety, got any pics ??

Is it on the Soi Lengkee where Opey de Place is? as there are two Soi Lengkee's as luck would have it. Went past it today on a baht bus but couldn't see it.

Guest spiderdaz

have thay got pikled onions ? lol

when in thailand fish and chips onece a trip is enoutgh for me

my mate was propiater of daves fish and chips in samuie evan had a delivery service to where ever you r drinking#

but it just dident catch on

good luck to this new buizniz 9woudent want to b sat behind a fat fryer in the thailand heat thouw

Guest SpicyMartin

my mate was propiater of daves fish and chips in samuie evan had a delivery service to where ever you r drinking#

good luck to this new buizniz 9woudent want to b sat behind a fat fryer in the thailand heat thouw

This him? The grub was ok....... good enough but nothing to rave about. Nice geezer running the joint.

post-152-1280490903.jpg

This him? The grub was ok....... good enough but nothing to rave about. Nice geezer running the joint.

I didn't know ZZ Top were in town :grins-jump:

Guest spiderdaz

no thats not dave thats my mate tony

tonys fish and chips is a bar/fish and chip shop thay also own camady club bar

TONYS A TOP LAD GOOD PAL OF MINE

DAVES WAS MORE YA REAL CHIPPY WAS OFF THE MAIN SQUAIRE AWAY A BIT FROM TONYS

GREAT PHOTO BUD HE WAS BASED NEAR SMALL NIGHT MARKET LAST TIME I WAS THERE HIS DADS A TOP MAN TO

TONYS A TOP MAN FOR A MANUNITED FAN (SCUM UK FOOTIE TEAM LOL )

Guest gazza54

If its still in business next March Alex I will deffo give it a try, the only other place I have eaten fish and chips in Patts is Neeroys and was pleasantly surprised at there offering.

I thought Viet cobbler was they way forward as it has the same texture as cod. You'll find it in quite a few supermarkets here in the UK. It must be available in Thailand?

Guest gazza54
I thought Viet cobbler was they way forward as it has the same texture as cod. You'll find it in quite a few supermarkets here in the UK. It must be available in Thailand?

Have to agree, it has a lovely texture.The smoked variety is quite often available at Tescos at a fraction of the smoked haddock/cod price.

Have to agree, it has a lovely texture.The smoked variety is quite often available at Tescos at a fraction of the smoked haddock/cod price.

As our resident Chef here on PL you should host a new section on food. We all love it.....

Guest SpicyMartin

I have been using Viet Cream Dory (aka Pangas, River Cobbler) for months offshore...... it's a beautiful and very versatile fillet. Unfortunately we are just now starting to see all the negative reports coming to light. Why? Because the Viets farm it in the Mekhong River, probably the most polluted river on earth! Cream Dory from the Philippines is farmed in dedicated fish farms.

Not sure if this link'll work: try it...... http://www.vimeo.com/11817894

160b is a tad exxy, i assume the chips were not of the frozen variety, got any pics ??

i think 160 b was outstanding value for what i received .

Is it on the Soi Lengkee where Opey de Place is? as there are two Soi Lengkee's as luck would have it. Went past it today on a baht bus but couldn't see it.

yes mate , in fact it is almost directly facing oprey de place .

If its still in business next March Alex I will deffo give it a try, the only other place I have eaten fish and chips in Patts is Neeroys and was pleasantly surprised at there offering.

neeroys is not anywhere near as good as this place gazza . you ll be impressed .

160 sounds reasonable if the food is good. Will check it out, thanks.

Do you know if they deliver?

no , they dont deliver yet . they are only opened three days but have plans to deliver in the future .

i tried gooses fish and chips on 2nd rd yesterday and it was nice 220 bhat for cod chips and mushy peas i will have to give this place a try

i tried gooses fish and chips on 2nd rd yesterday and it was nice 220 bhat for cod chips and mushy peas i will have to give this place a try

Best fish & chips i have had in Pattaya

Guest Mr Pastry
Best fish & chips i have had in Pattaya

Sounds like a couple of good places. However, IMO they should be good if they are selling at UK prices, as the reason F&C has gone up so much s the price of fish in the UK, where in Thailand it is still much cheaper. Of course, though, on the other hand the strong baht has a lot to do with pricing as opposed to the establishments themselves.

As I stay in Le Kata, the place can only be a few shops away. so definately worth a try.

Guest Trapper

just had f-chips in the village chippy in the village just up from the buffalow bar

3rd road best ive had here medium portion 95bt large 120bt good selection of

dishes, plus next door going to be the village chinky aparantly old style english

chinky grub dont know when this will open.

Guest Mr Pastry
what do you think the exchange rate has to to with prices in Pattaya?

It only has an effect when comparing prices with UK, as I said.

If you are an expat, earning baht in Pattaya, then money earned is money spent. If you are a visitor, then you are victim of the exchange rate of the time, which will affect the VFM.

Anyway, I dont want to detract from the OP in terms of the report of the new establishment and wish them luck.